SG Talk

Full Version: 36 years' jail for mastermind of scheme that led to $8B penny stock crash in 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
FTX loss also Boh Daiji.
Wa lao. 36 yrs.
When highfck jinx lam came out will be 90 plus.
(28-12-2022, 10:39 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...122022_cna

When I look at this case. This is my comments.

The 3 penny stocks were manipulated for almost one year.
The whole market knew about this.

The reason why it became so large and serious eventually involving $8B in value is the SGX and regulators did nothing for a long period.

It's like a thief can go and steal initially took some small valuables but nobody monitor or do anything so he became bolder and stole more and more.

Why Soh chose to operate in Singapore instead of base in Nalaysia? It is because he was concerned Malaysia side will catch him fast and put a stop to his scam.

He did not choose HK or other jurisdiction to run his operation.

The reason he chose to run it in Singapore is the same as why many scammers run their scams here....

I think 36yrs is too excessive such sentences are for murders
SGX failed badly.

All the management staff only collect pay and sleeping on the job.
(28-12-2022, 10:53 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]When I look at this case. This is my comments.

The reason why it became so large and serious eventually involving $8B in value is the SGX and regulators did nothing for a long period.

It's like a thief can go and steal initially took some small valuables but nobody monitor or do anything so he became bolder and stole more and more.

Why Soh chose to operate in Singapore instead of base in Nalaysia? It is because he was concerned Malaysia side will catch him fast and put a stop to his scam.

The reason he chose to run it in Singapore is the same as why many scammers run their scams here....

"I think 36yrs is too excessive such sentences are for murders"  Thumbs_up

Agreed wholeheartedly. White collar criminals get more than rapists and molesters.  nudie
(28-12-2022, 10:53 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]When I look at this case. This is my comments.

Manipulation is a weekly affairs in HK exchange. Many stock goes down 90% after being manipulation.
(28-12-2022, 11:20 AM)SGSeniorCitizen1952 Wrote: [ -> ]"I think 36yrs is too excessive such sentences are for murders"  Thumbs_up

Agreed wholeheartedly. White collar criminals get more than rapists and molesters.  nudie

If you look at the case closely. Soh manipulated the stock to sky high prices ....what is reason for this?

It is so he can use the stock as collateral to borrow from banks like Goldman Sachs....he borrowed $170M from Goldman.

Think about this....they went to Goldman with 3 crappy penny stocks as collateral and were given $170M.

It's like thief stretch out his hand and you put the valuables in his palm then say he stole it.
Life sentence..
[Image: nudie.gif]
(28-12-2022, 11:23 AM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]Manipulation is a weekly affairs in HK exchange. Many stock goes down 90% after being manipulation.

Those guys are another level they cannot be traced or seen and operate outside the country through many layers.
He can merry Christmas liao
What about his mistress?
(28-12-2022, 11:31 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]What about his mistress?

U want take over?
how about yuuzoo?

the ceo is still happily enjoying life in sentosa.
(28-12-2022, 11:32 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]U want take over?

Dowan lah… she auntified leow… gib to you?
(28-12-2022, 10:57 AM)8ighty8 Wrote: [ -> ]SGX failed badly.

Our SGX is always sleeping on the job.  Hence many criminals like to come here Big Grin
Just jail only those money go where ?....The three penny stocks still trading here and want to change name but rejected....
Never make serious mistake in life, sometimes, you may not have a 2nd chance.
(28-12-2022, 10:57 AM)8ighty8 Wrote: [ -> ]SGX failed badly.

And totally valid and no fault. Happily continue with their elite lifestyle. Lol such is Sg...
John Soh Chee Wen, a 62-year-old prominent Malaysian businessman, was handed 36 years' jail.. can die inside liow

His ex-partner and accomplice Quah Su-Ling was given 20 years' jail. Quah, 57, was formerly CEO of Singapore Exchange(SGX)-listed IPCO International might as well die inside

so old still so greedy ….. now can enjoy care free life with medical, lodging, meals, entertainment, exercise till they die  Rotfl
as usual these people " come out STILL RICH "
WTF....got to feed him 36 years using my tax money ?
(28-12-2022, 10:52 AM)Bigbluedot Wrote: [ -> ]Wa lao. 36 yrs.
When highfck jinx lam came out will be 90 plus.

Can afford to be contrarian what?
(28-12-2022, 12:47 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]as usual these people " come out STILL RICH "

Cheating is a profession in Sg
(28-12-2022, 02:21 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Cheating is a profession in Sg

Yah. Because SGX is useless Big Grin
The man has Temasek caliber .
Pappies can openly cheat sinkies for 36 years and sleep well in their bungalow
(28-12-2022, 12:47 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]as usual these people " come out STILL RICH "

This guy will stay there till he dies
Maybe not, ask president for a pardon like SK , all the criminal faults cancelled and set free again with no compensation paid out....
Pages: 1 2 3