SG Talk

Full Version: Wine at Giant $12 to $20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems to be cheaper than other years despite everything else going up

[Image: hhlP1c7.jpg]
[Image: Dmf7soa.jpg]
very cheap................bottles very nice..................buy liao, pour away the wine...............keep the bottles...........
Check out the China red wine in Scarlett stores (思家客)
Wine nice to drink? I like those Sparkling Wine with low alcohol content nice. The red wine (real version) siap siap feeling dunno why ppl like drink wine. They say red wine with red meat, white wine with white meat. I not those level dunno understand what that means. That is also why I need to work like a dog towards retirement dunno how to enjoy life.
How about Blue Nun merlot.
(15-01-2023, 07:17 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]very cheap................bottles very nice..................buy liao, pour away the wine...............keep the bottles...........

Expired wine and beer are very good plant ferterlizers. The bottles can be made nice plant pots. Dun waste
Aiya, after a few glasses … all wine taste the same  nudie
(15-01-2023, 08:42 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]Aiya, after a few glasses … all wine taste the same  nudie

It is widely believed that in a PUB or night club, the first few bottles are genuine wines, but after a few bottles it is replaced with adulated wines........... Rotfl Gesti-109
(15-01-2023, 08:42 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]Aiya, after a few glasses … all wine taste the same  nudie

Actually expert wine tasters can always tell the difference...
But for many $50 wine and $15 wine has no difference so why pay the extra $35
I used to drink a lot of wine, beer and hard liquor before. Most days can finish one or more bottles of wine drinking alone. For many years I had stopped drinking all together and thinking back found myself quite foolish to indulged in such horrid drinks. Other than getting the kick out of stoning myself, I dun remember what is so nice about these poisonous drinks. ... Big Grin
(16-01-2023, 05:17 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]I used to drink a lot of wine, beer and hard liquor before. Most days can finish one or more bottles of wine drinking alone. For many years I had stopped drinking all together and thinking back found myself quite foolish to indulged in such horrid drinks. Other than getting the kick out of stoning myself, I dun remember what is so nice about these poisonous drinks. ... Big Grin

You had made a wise choice................... Clapping Laughter-68
(15-01-2023, 06:26 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to be cheaper than other years despite everything else going up

[Image: hhlP1c7.jpg]
[Image: Dmf7soa.jpg]

Actually after signing FTA with Australia a number of years ago, no more import taxes, why do they lower the prices now?
(16-01-2023, 04:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Actually expert wine tasters can always tell the difference...
But for many $50 wine and $15 wine has no difference so why pay the extra $35

Sure for the first 2 glasses…… on the 6th I dont think so. 

Those really taster will take a sip and spit it out then wash the mouth before the next taste.
occasionally 1-2 glass ok lah
red wine goes well with some chinese food like duck liver/roast duck
(16-01-2023, 05:17 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]I used to drink a lot of wine, beer and hard liquor before. Most days can finish one or more bottles of wine drinking alone. For many years I had stopped drinking all together and thinking back found myself quite foolish to indulged in such horrid drinks. Other than getting the kick out of stoning myself, I dun remember what is so nice about these poisonous drinks. ... Big Grin

Nb bro, you tell story don't just tell half half... You drink only to get the gals drunk... You stop drinking cos you also don't want to risk it liao... Lol
(16-01-2023, 09:52 PM)limpeh394 Wrote: [ -> ]occasionally 1-2 glass ok lah

Duck meat is red meat and is high in Bad Cholesterol,,,,,,,,,,LDL(low density lippoprotein) but red wine is good to "combat"  bad cholesterol.......... Laughing Gesti-109
(16-01-2023, 09:52 PM)limpeh394 Wrote: [ -> ]occasionally 1-2 glass ok lah

Yeah me too …. roast duck or roast pok ….. best best
(16-01-2023, 09:58 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Duck meat is red meat and is high in Bad Cholesterol,,,,,,,,,,LDL(low density lippoprotein) but red wine is good to "combat"  bad cholesterol.......... Laughing Gesti-109

Eat moderately ok lah
bringing a bottle of red wine to Kopi tiam and order a plate of duck liver
wine got so many different grade and those cheap cheap one cmi, might as well drink plain water.
(16-01-2023, 10:03 PM)limpeh394 Wrote: [ -> ]bringing a bottle of red wine to Kopi tiam and order a plate of duck liver

I don't think the kopi tiam will allow you to bring your own drinks................. crying
(16-01-2023, 09:57 PM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]Nb bro, you tell story don't just tell half half... You drink only to get the gals drunk... You stop drinking cos you also don't want to risk it liao... Lol
You really got very fertile imagination. That's a useful talent and you should use it wisely to make money. ... Big Grin
(17-01-2023, 02:46 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]You really got very fertile imagination. That's a useful talent and you should use it wisely to make money. ... Big Grin
Not valuable lah. If considered talent already millionaire liao...