SG Talk

Full Version: Retirement Age to be raised to 70 by 2030. No protests like France.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Screw by current team. Song Boh!
Which means less than half of SG get to see their CPF payout at 70.

More are getting screw at the back.
It is like a margin spread getting wider and wider from reality
last time good old days everyone talk about Five Cs lol...
The people who are worried about raising retirement age are those who do not a single cent in the bank
It is not mandatory it is ok. Only when stupid scheme like FRS,BRS,ERS retirement sum that is mandatory that make my blood boil over! You want to chut pattern can make it optional and not mandatory! Who the F agree with your scheme anyway!
think by my times, it will be 80.
(02-05-2023, 01:23 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]It is not mandatory it is ok. Only when stupid scheme like FRS,BRS,ERS retirement sum that is mandatory that make my blood boil over! You want to chut pattern can make it optional and not mandatory! Who the F agree with your scheme anyway!

meaning .... you depend on your CPF to retire.
I wrote my CPF off when I was in my mid 40s ..... its a good to have
(02-05-2023, 01:24 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]meaning .... you depend on your CPF to retire.
I wrote my CPF off when I was in my mid 40s ..... its a good to have

got 1 minister say when he look at his cpf, he feel rich.
When retirement age rises, so will the CPF withdrawal age eventually. Which is why the fella advocating 1M65 is a useful idiot for the govt.
(02-05-2023, 01:27 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]got 1 minister say when he look at his cpf, he feel rich.

He already had his Karma. You dont know meh? Thinking
切记! 东西可以乱吃,话不可以乱讲!
(02-05-2023, 01:27 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]got 1 minister say when he look at his cpf, he feel rich.

Feel and actual is 2 different matters
All those social security, pension, con people fund are all ponzi ..... once they shift goal post means pay you later, so they have more time to collect the late comer to pay you
raise by 70, does not mean sinkies will have a job by after 50-60yrs. it is just for legal and insurance coverage
No choice, those in top of the food chain want to continue maintain they lifestyle... Spending also out of control. So the whole country have to support them..
The real killer isn't stuff like post-employment contractual age or even when the company can forcefully retire you, it's the CPF withdrawal and commencement of gratuity payments age that really impacts most people.

If the government gradually raises the CPF policy age to 70 as well, potentially a lot of Singaporeans who do not have the fortune of having a company that is willing to accept them at such an old age could be forced to work in menial jobs to make ends meet while waiting for CPF payments to commence.

From my own experience, most large organizations actively try to manage out most employees once they hit their early 50s. Usually only blue collar technical workers or top executives hang around till their late 60s.
(02-05-2023, 04:08 PM)maxsanic Wrote: [ -> ]The real killer isn't stuff like post-employment contractual age or even when the company can forcefully retire you, it's the CPF withdrawal and commencement of gratuity payments age that really impacts most people.

If the government gradually raises the CPF policy age to 70 as well, potentially a lot of Singaporeans who do not have the fortune of having a company that is willing to accept them at such an old age could be forced to work in menial jobs to make ends meet while waiting for CPF payments to commence.

From my own experience, most large organizations actively try to manage out most employees once they hit their early 50s. Usually only blue collar technical workers or top executives hang around till their late 60s.

Exception would be those in Parliament of cuz they work longer get more monies.
There is no protests because there is no retirement benefits and national pension scheme.

If PAP raise retirement to 80yo....so what. So long as CPF Life still starts at 65. It does matter if they put retirement age at 90 or 100...because enough retire using your own money when you have enough you can just retire. If not enough you work until die. ...this is not changed by retirement age.

In France delaying retirement age means pension payment is delayed. That is why they protest.

In Singapore no reason to protest.