SG Talk

Full Version: Teen passed away aft basketball hoop structure falls on him
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin...f-15305340

The police said they received a call for help at 8.43pm about someone found injured next to a fallen structure at a basketball court near Block 18 Bedok South Road.

ya saw it ystdy
behind my plCe
Moral of story? Go take up safer interests like cyber gaming or boardgames like chess.
Cut off their smelly kkj!! DevilDevilDevil
RIP. Not the 1st time dis type of incident occurred liao.  Sad
(27-07-2021, 11:52 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Moral of story? Go take up safer interests like cyber gaming or boardgames like chess.
Correct, lesson learnt is dun play basketball..... Rotfl
(27-07-2021, 12:04 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]RIP. Not the 1st time dis type of incident occurred liao.  Sad
The recent lamp post near electrocution was a narrow escape for the teenager
(27-07-2021, 11:59 AM)5354 Wrote: [ -> ]East Coast Town Council Chairman must be charged and jailed for causing the death of a teenager!

There will b be fall guy but not him
Waiting for the first forummer here to claim the vaccine killed him. Wink
It's very hard for the structure just to topple unless a side force cause a title and structure to topple over.

[Image: kpGWu0g.jpg]

Even if fall the counter weight of the bottom slows the force of the fall.

Something very wrong has occurred.
(27-07-2021, 12:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]It's very hard for the structure just to topple unless a side force cause a title and structure to topple over.

Players like to jump up and hang on the basket ring or do chin ups there. This cud cause latent structural fault which collapsed finally.
I used to do that during my basketball days...... Rotfl
I don't see how it can hit the kid with so much force he die.

The counter weight at the base will lessen the impact and slow the structures fall.

I played basket ball here at there at HDB Estate...many used a very wide structural base without a counter weight. A person would have tilt the structure by more that 50 degrees for it to tumble over.
Aiya these ginna jump and hold onto the hoops trying to be an NBA wanna be lah ..... then the SNAP .... he fell back with the hoop

Coroner report: Misadventure
(27-07-2021, 12:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see how it can hit the kid with so much force he die.

The counter weight at the base will lessen the impact and slow the structures fall.

I played basket ball here at there at HDB  Estate...many used a very wide structural base without a counter weight. A person would have tilt the structure by more that 50 degrees for it to tumble over.

Hard to say. That square board behind the basket for the ball to bounce off is a good wind catcher. Noticed strong wind these few days which can even uproot trees........ Rolleyes
Most likely doing a slam dunk
structure drop
tree fall
window collapse
& ktv chabor

how to chk all..alamak!
(27-07-2021, 01:13 PM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely doing a slam dunk

Waaaaa .... old faces from SGtalk .... gib rep
Top side heavy Will topple.
what is errie is same hapoen here 15yrs ago i.e. 2006
i was already living here but did not know
probably is 2007 when i was in chjna
can someone provide link of same happen 15yrs ago
cheap things no good, good things not cheap. wonder if it is made in china products.
(27-07-2021, 02:31 PM)A2Z Wrote: [ -> ]cheap things no good, good things not cheap. wonder if it is made in china products.

iphone oso made in china lor.
(27-07-2021, 12:16 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]Waiting for the first forummer here to claim the vaccine killed him. Wink
Got lahh. Dead. How to report here. Reoort to Yuen.Lor.Wang lor... Rotfl
I want to believe that this is not Singapore.... But...
(27-07-2021, 12:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]It's very hard for the structure just to topple unless a side force cause a title and structure to topple over.

I think the frame of the board they used quite big square hollow section which is too heavy for the column. The column they used was just 2 pipes, size seemed smaller than the square hollow section frame. By right they should design the frame to use small tubing, probably 1.5" which is lightweight and the column should use 1 big 8" to 10" schedule 40 pipe in galvanized mild steel good enough. And of course the base plate must use at least M16 anchor bolt, bolted deep in 250mm at least.
how many millions$ will be compensated to the deceased family?
(27-07-2021, 12:16 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]Waiting for the first forummer here to claim the vaccine killed him. Wink
Thinking

This is deep... If indeed that forumer come and post, we know we make history for first inter dimension comms via internet... Big Grin
I read that it already titled .
Friend warn him .
He continue playing dunk if I am right.
Then whole structure collapsed hit him on the head.
A 17-year-old boy died in Singapore after a basketball hoop structure toppled over and fell on him on Monday night while he was playing at the court.

Police said they responded to a call at 8.45pm in Bedok, eastern Singapore, and found the teen near the fallen basketball backboard.

Eyewitnesses told the Strait Times the teenage boy was found in the pool of blood on the court. Attempts were made to resuscitate him and he was rushed to the hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.

A student, Mohamad Izzry Jusri, 17, reportedly said the teenager was playing when he made a dunk but held on to the basketball hoop which was wobbly, got uprooted from the ground, and fell on top of him.

The basketball court was renovated and a new hoop basketball backboard was installed in April 2020, according to a top official of the East Coast Town Council.
Pages: 1 2