SG Talk

Full Version: Video : Kim Lim's birthday bash in Bangkok
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
money can do wonder.
Better to give to charity.

Wealth from unscrupulous means, remember the Raffles Town Club saga and etc., will have karma one
Crazy to spend 6 months to plan a birthday party. That means her minions have to start planning her next birthday in 6 months.
if she donate the money spent on this birthday to charitable organisations, me more impress.
wonder if peter lim thinks this sort of daughter is good....

all the money in the world cant buy REAL friends and or so called happiness, or contentment
Anyone noticed Peter Lim looks very haggard and overweight in the video
(27-07-2023, 09:34 AM)wendychan Wrote: [ -> ]wonder if peter lim thinks this sort of daughter is good....

all the money in the world cant buy REAL friends and or so called happiness, or contentment

That is why the saying money can't buy happiness is all so real
Smile wow David Beckham , surprise don't have CR ???
(27-07-2023, 09:53 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]That is why the saying money can't buy happiness is all so real

But money can make you look plastic
Smile She better faithful to her dad , she has to remember what she have now is due to his dad.

Actually I heard this step mum who is former Media corp artist treat her better than her real mum ???

Heard last time while Peter lim wanna divorce with his first wife and who is Kim mum. The Mum even wanna sue this former media corp artists for breaking her family.

Later heard she lost the court case. Not sure how his first wife now. Also heard why Peter lim divorce with his first wife because she got a bit mental disorder etc.
that is why people who live in big bungalows cannot relate to poor people.

they can never be good MPs.
(27-07-2023, 10:20 AM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]that is why people who live in big bungalows cannot relate to poor people.

they can never be good MPs.

actually I can " feel it " Whenever I go to my Rich uncle landed house. Not those mansion rah. Like Seng song boss. etc.

I already feel bored whenever I step in. Just don't know , I feel is like even the house is big , etc somehow I feel like bored.
Partly maybe the surroundings too quiet ,

quite standard one come Landed house in SG. The area there only two lanes , hardly got car pass by don't even come public transports.

Nearby also don't have what neighbourhood shops, hawkers etc. You need to drive a bit out to the nearest one or even got nearest one need to walk a distance surely.
(27-07-2023, 09:53 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]That is why the saying money can't buy happiness is all so real

It’s not that money can’t buy happiness – money, like all things, faces diminishing marginal utility.

From a normal Singaporean human POV, going from $0 to the first million makes a hell lot of difference in both material enjoyment as well as utilizing its spillover effects to tackle certain non-material challenges, providing one doesn’t do anything stupid.

The net benefits from $1 million to $10 million would have narrowed substantially and by the time one hits $50 million we are probably as good as we can be from a financial stand point. Anything in excess generates almost no benefits.

For e.g. if Kim is the daughter of a $50 million net worth father, her dad can also throw a lavish party complete with decorations and fireworks in a 5 star hotel in Bangkok for her. Though her friends would likely be of a lower SES, they can still hire a lesser known band, throw in lots of alcohol and maybe the gifts are not that high value. Other than that the birthday experience would be mostly similar.

The same goes for Peter Lim and his wife Cherry. Peter and Cherry will stay in a pent house instead of owning a building, he may alternate between a sports car, a sedan and a vintage car instead of his car collection. Cherry will still continue the facials and mahjong sessions, but perhaps the stakes would be lower. That’s really all there is to it.

Money can only do so much for creature comforts and their ability to fix non-monetary matters is almost useless after the $50 million mark is hit.
(27-07-2023, 10:12 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Smile She better faithful to her dad , she has to remember what she have now is due to his dad.

Actually I heard this step mum who is former Media corp artist treat her better than her real mum ???

Heard last time while Peter lim wanna divorce with his first wife and who is Kim mum. The Mum even wanna sue this former media corp artists for breaking her family.

Later heard she lost the court case. Not sure how his first wife now. Also heard why Peter lim divorce with his first wife because she got a bit mental disorder etc.

Heard from who ? Tekka Market auntie Nancy ?
(27-07-2023, 11:08 AM)maxsanic Wrote: [ -> ]It’s not that money can’t buy happiness – money, like all things, faces diminishing marginal utility.

From a normal Singaporean human POV, going from $0 to the first million makes a hell lot of difference in both material enjoyment as well as utilizing its spillover effects to tackle certain non-material challenges, providing one doesn’t do anything stupid.

The net benefits from $1 million to $10 million would have narrowed substantially and by the time one hits $50 million we are probably as good as we can be from a financial stand point. Anything in excess generates almost no benefits.

For e.g. if Kim is the daughter of a $50 million net worth father, her dad can also throw a lavish party complete with decorations and fireworks in a 5 star hotel in Bangkok for her. Though her friends would likely be of a lower SES, they can still hire a lesser known band, throw in lots of alcohol and maybe the gifts are not that high value. Other than that the birthday experience would be mostly similar.

The same goes for Peter Lim and his wife Cherry. Peter and Cherry will stay in a pent house instead of owning a building, he may alternate between a sports car, a sedan and a vintage car instead of his car collection. Cherry will still continue the facials and mahjong sessions, but perhaps the stakes would be lower. That’s really all there is to it.

Money can only do so much for creature comforts and their ability to fix non-monetary matters is almost useless after the $50 million mark is hit.

Don't know true or not also can " got special service like that " due to status?

Remember saw one FB poster I go check seem like an aunty , claim happen to see Peter Lim and his wife at one Hotel at Orchard having lunch and expect the waiter serve them.
(27-07-2023, 11:16 AM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]Heard from who ? Tekka Market auntie Nancy ?

FA's news always anyhow one. Must take with a BIG pinch of salt.