SG Talk
Is this the best SG garment can do? - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: Is this the best SG garment can do? (/Thread-Is-this-the-best-SG-garment-can-do)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Is this the best SG garment can do? - ODA TETSURO - 14-10-2021

JT washed her hands off MOM liao, time for Shanmu to pofma these fake overseas news! Rotfl

RE: Is this the best SG garment can do? - ArielCasper - 14-10-2021

Dota and Surfer are probably IB trying to blur the line between FW blue collar workers and FW PMET.. If Dota and Surfer think that the FW blue collar workers took away the jobs they wanted, then yes, they have their rights to CPCB..

I am definitely not against FW blue collar workers, coz I can't be the ABNN who will be working under the hot sun for 8 hrs a day, but I am against FW PMET coz that's the kind of job Singaporean wants.

(13-10-2021, 06:59 PM)Dota Wrote:  https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/zvkKy9TzCHN7bdEG0F-J4w

I came across this Chinese article, if what it says is the truth about what’s going on now in dormitories, WTF had MOH and MOM been doing all this while?

Medicine and proper hygiene food should be the least they should get right? Why no authority from garment ensure that the company of these FW get it done?
Better be careful when you say such things.. LSH forward FB article and was sued.. If you want to quote from a foreign article, better be a bit more discrete..

RE: Is this the best SG garment can do? - debono - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 10:38 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Dota and Surfer are probably IB trying to blur the line between FW blue collar workers and FW PMET.. If Dota and Surfer think that the FW blue collar workers took away the jobs they wanted, then yes, they have their rights to CPCB..

I am definitely not against FW blue collar workers, coz I can't be the ABNN who will be working under the hot sun for 8 hrs a day, but I am against FW PMET coz that's the kind of job Singaporean wants.

Jobs that PMETs does are called FTs (foreign talents), jobs that FW (foreign workers) does are by and large manual labor...Therefore we need FW to do construction of amenities.........but those jobs that are undertaken by FTs especially from CECA are PMET jobs that our local citizens needs, those that had graduated from our polytechnics and universities.. Big Grin .

RE: Is this the best SG garment can do? - surfer - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 10:06 AM)Dota Wrote:  That’s when you have the capability to look after yourself, for these FW in a foreign land do you not think they need help? When humanity became a fantasy then should slavery become reality? It’s pathetic to see people getting so pessimistic 

If what I had been doing in the army means crap to you, then I seriously don’t think there is anything to shout about in what you did for your last 40 yrs, doesn’t seem any less crappy than what you thought about mine

When I was a teenager i had to work in a foreign country and I don’t mean our neighbouring countries. I had to fend for myself with no foreign govt looking after my welfare. What help do you think I had then? Don’t talk about your humanity here until you live it yourself.
You sit in the office doing your job , I did mine in the rain and sun regardless of the weather 24x7x365.
So don’t bring your crap out here to KPKB.

RE: Is this the best SG garment can do? - Yin yang - 14-10-2021

Almost all r darker skins, locals generally wud not know who is who, pmet or manual worker, ceca or no ceca, grad or non grad ..in public places..

Perception n impression of all the above r not wanted here, all stealing local jobs! N Perception is reality ! Stupiid!

RE: Is this the best SG garment can do? - WhatDoYouThink? - 14-10-2021

wow, almost 2 yrs still no proper and workable plan? not even east coast plan?

(14-10-2021, 10:50 AM)surfer Wrote:  When I was a teenager i had to work in a foreign country and I don’t mean our neighbouring countries. I had to fend for myself with no foreign govt looking after my welfare. What help do you think I had then? Don’t talk about your humanity here until you live it yourself.
You sit in the office doing your job , I did mine in the rain and sun regardless of the weather 24x7x365.
3 questions.. Which country you went to, and did you went there legally or illegally and when did you work in the foreign country?

(14-10-2021, 11:01 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  3 questions.. Which country you went to, and did you went there legally or illegally and when did you work in the foreign country?

Haha… piqued your curiosity? 
I went legally to work in the UK company in my teens.

RE: Is this the best SG garment can do? - Dota - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 10:50 AM)surfer Wrote:  When I was a teenager i had to work in a foreign country and I don’t mean our neighbouring countries. I had to fend for myself with no foreign govt looking after my welfare. What help do you think I had then? Don’t talk about your humanity here until you live it yourself.

So you live in a dormitory when you are working overseas? And did a pandemic broke out during your time there where the Govt locked down where you were staying? Are you then in a country that it’s written language was one that you can’t read nor understand? 
The SAF, RSAF and Navy each have their intel unit which comes in a different form for collecting info, be it out in sun or sit in the office it’s just different ways of carrying out your duty, what makes you think doing analysis in an office would be more relax than working out in the field? The only difference is whether it’s mental or physical stress, nothing wrong to think highly of what you are doing but I don’t think you are in any position to belittle what others are doing either

(14-10-2021, 11:14 AM)Dota Wrote:  So you live in a dormitory when you are working overseas? And did a pandemic broke out during your time there where the Govt locked down where you were staying? Are you then in a country that it’s written language was one that you can’t read nor understand? 
The SAF, RSAF and Navy each have their intel unit which comes in a different form for collecting info, be it out in sun or sit in the office it’s just different ways of carrying out your duty, what makes you think doing analysis in an office would be more relax than working out in the field? The only difference is whether it’s mental or physical stress, nothing wrong to think highly of what you are doing but I don’t think you are in any position to belittle what others are doing either

At least the FW has a dormitory for lodgings and meals provided for them during their stay here. They must have weigh the pros and cons of whether to come here to work or toil in their own countries. I don’t have that luxury. I had to provide for myself all the way. So don’t tell me nor preach about humanity to me.
I don’t belittle what you’ve done. Don’t come here to KPKB. This forum here is for people to talk Kok and sing song and add your 2 cents worth.

(14-10-2021, 11:34 AM)surfer Wrote:  At least the FW has a dormitory for lodgings and meals provided for them during their stay here. They must have weigh the pros and cons of whether to come here to work or toil in their own countries. I don’t have that luxury. I had to provide for myself all the way. So don’t tell me nor preach about humanity to me.
I don’t belittle what you’ve done. Don’t come here to KPKB. This forum here is for people to talk Kok and sing song and add your 2 cents worth.

If you are comparing now to your teenage days which I believe to be the 90s era, then I think you need to move on a bit, you may faced inhumane treatment during your days as a foreign worker but that doesn’t mean others don’t deserve better treatment now in 2021, and I don’t think you have the capacity to decide what this forum should have in its content nor have you the right to dissuade what other members wanted to rant about, you can always skip the threads that you not interested in ya? Seniors should be respected in every society but definitely not those who 倚老卖老, being elder in age doesn’t automatically makes you a wiser person 

Just my 2 cents worth

(14-10-2021, 11:47 AM)Dota Wrote:  If you are comparing now to your teenage days which I believe to be the 90s era, I think you need to move on a bit, you may faced inhumane treatment during your days as a foreign worker but that doesn’t mean others don’t deserve better treatment now in 2021, and I don’t think you have the capacity to decide what this forum should have in its content nor have you the right to dissuade what other members wanted to rant about, you can always skip the threads that you not interested in ya? Seniors should be respected in every society but definitely not those who 倚老卖老, being elder in age doesn’t automatically makes you a wiser person 

Just my 2 cents worth
you have your opinion and I have mine.

Grow up. You don't expect the govt to spoonfeed you nor the FW. They choose to come in to work with their eyes wide opened.
I don't choose to decide who posts what in this forum and when . Chinese saying When you have eaten enough salt then come talk to me. You still have to gain wisdom.
My 2 cents worth.

(14-10-2021, 11:56 AM)surfer Wrote:  you have your opinion and I have mine.

Grow up. You don't expect the govt to spoonfeed you nor the FW. They choose to come in to work with their eyes wide opened.
I don't choose to decide who posts what in this forum and when . Chinese saying When you have eaten enough salt then come talk to me. You still have to gain wisdom.
My 2 cents worth.

You mean asking for basic needs like hygienic food and proper medication while being ordered to locked down by government is equivalent to spoon-feeding? Lol…. if you think I need to grow up then I think you need to wake up, and literally open yours eyes and see, your “do or die don’t ask why” type of mentality doesn’t fit into the current society anymore ok?

And lastly, hope your kidneys are still healthily intact after taking all those salt lol

(14-10-2021, 01:09 PM)Dota Wrote:  You mean asking for basic needs like hygienic food and proper medication while being ordered to locked down by government is equivalent to spoon-feeding? Lol…. if you think I need to grow up then I think you need to wake up, and literally open yours eyes and see, your “do or die don’t ask why” type of mentality doesn’t fit into the current society anymore ok?

And lastly, hope your kidneys are still healthily intact after taking all those salt lol

Your so called basic needs and proper medication are supposed to be covered by the employers terms and condition of their contract. You need to come to terms of reality that you are what you are and have to fend for yourself. No One owes you a living. Your mentality will forever be of those seeking charity and not fending for yourself. You will be left behind in society.
My kidneys are fine and have no issues to date. Thank you for your concern.

(14-10-2021, 01:20 PM)surfer Wrote:  Your so called basic needs and proper medication are supposed to be covered by the employers terms and condition of their contract. You need to come to terms of reality that you are what you are and have to fend for yourself. No One owes you a living. Your mentality will forever be of those seeking charity and not fending for yourself. You will be left behind in society.
My kidneys are fine and have no issues to date. Thank you for your concern.

Don’t you think that you are contradicting yourself? First you said that these requirements are supposed to be covered by their company, that makes it an entitlement, then you say that it’s charity or spoon feeding? Which is which? So, back to the question, if the company didn’t fulfil these requirements, whose responsibility to make sure they deliver? And why did the workers got into this current situation? Who ordered the locked down of the dormitory? Is it not the government? And isn’t making sure the company deliver the worker’s entitlement the least MOM can do for these stranded FW? 
Bro, stop living in your 90s, Singapore is now a 1st world country and not the developing country you used to live in, and being a 1st world country, you have to got the basic respect for humanity, and it’s even more confusing for someone who had been thru unfair treatment as a foreign worker yourself having no feel to see these FW going thru what you been thru, it’s pathetic when you lost the ability to be compassionate

And for the record, you don’t know me in real life, so don’t assume you know what I had been thru and whether it’s enough for me to talk to you on a same level, I really don’t see the need to brag what you been thru as there are always someone out there having a worse day than you

(14-10-2021, 02:23 PM)Dota Wrote:  Don’t you think that you are contradicting yourself? First you said that these requirements are supposed to be covered by their company, that makes it an entitlement, then you say that it’s charity or spoon feeding? Which is which? So, back to the question, if the company didn’t fulfil these requirements, whose responsibility to make sure they deliver? And why did the workers got into this current situation? Who ordered the locked down of the dormitory? Is it not the government? And isn’t making sure the company deliver the worker’s entitlement the least MOM can do for these stranded FW? 
Bro, stop living in your 90s, Singapore is now a 1st world country and not the developing country you used to live in, and being a 1st world country, you have to got the basic respect for humanity, and it’s even more confusing for someone who had been thru unfair treatment as a foreign worker yourself having no feel to see these FW going thru what you been thru, it’s pathetic when you lost the ability to be compassionate

And for the record, you don’t know me in real life, so don’t assume you know what I had been thru and whether it’s enough for me to talk to you on a same level, I really don’t see the need to brag what you been thru as there are always someone out there having a worse day than you

I beg to differ. First world country? You’ve got to be kidding. How many of our locals are left behind and can’t even fend for themselves?
Your understanding of the subject matter leaves much to be desired. What don’t you understand? The company’s basic responsibilities? Or you want the govt to spoon feed you and the FWs?
Having respect for humanity and having compassion for fellow humans goes Hand in hand with each other. FYI I’ve been helping out with a LTVP lady who has suffered with cancer and has disbursed more than $100k for her treatment.
Yes I don’t know what you’ve been through and I don’t wish to know. It’s not my business to know nor enquire. I’m just putting my 2 cents worth of opinion to the thread . Don’t expect the govt to look after the FW. It’s the employers responsibility. If the govt keeps on looking after their medical and whatevyneeds where do you think the money is coming from ? It’s from all of us citizens in the form of taxes to fill up their coffers.

(14-10-2021, 02:42 PM)surfer Wrote:  I beg to differ. First world country? You’ve got to be kidding. How many of our locals are left behind and can’t even fend for themselves?
Your understanding of the subject matter leaves much to be desired. What don’t you understand? The company’s basic responsibilities? Or you want the govt to spoon feed you and the FWs?
Having respect for humanity and having compassion for fellow humans goes Hand in hand with each other. FYI I’ve been helping out with a LTVP lady who has suffered with cancer and has disbursed more than $100k for her treatment.
Yes I don’t know what you’ve been through and I don’t wish to know. It’s not my business to know nor enquire. I’m just putting my 2 cents worth of opinion to the thread . Don’t expect the govt to look after the FW. It’s the employers responsibility. If the govt keeps on looking after their medical and whatevyneeds where do you think the money is coming from ? It’s from all of us citizens in the form of taxes to fill up their coffers.

Which part of my post stated that the Govt is responsible to paid for the FW? Why don’t you just answer the question, who is responsible to ensure that the company fulfil their responsibilities? As for first world country, you like it or not the world already placed Singapore as one of it, you opinion doesn’t change this fact, and of cos I don’t expect you to be interested with my story so what makes you feel that I will be interested in your bragging about what you been thru? And without knowing me in person who are you to judge that I depend on charity and spoon feeding by Govt to live my life?

(14-10-2021, 02:55 PM)Dota Wrote:  Which part of my post stated that the Govt is responsible to paid for the FW? Why don’t you just answer the question, who is responsible to ensure that the company fulfil their responsibilities? As for first world country, you like it or not the world already placed Singapore as one of it, you opinion doesn’t change this fact, and of cos I don’t expect you to be interested with my story so what makes you feel that I will be interested in your bragging about what you been thru? And without knowing me in person who are you to judge that I depend on charity and spoon feeding by Govt to live my life?

The govt is not responsible for the company. Ask the FW to look for their company CEOs. That answer your question?
You live in your little world that this is a first world country so be it in your dreams.
I don’t know you neither do I wish to know you. I’m not bragging about what I’ve been through. I’m just stating facts .
I’m not judging you as I don’t know you nor wish to know how you live. Good luck to you.

(14-10-2021, 11:10 AM)surfer Wrote:  Haha… piqued your curiosity? 
I went legally to work in the UK company in my teens.

If you are on legal work permit in UK, can't be that bad right?? Even if the welfare doesn't come from the UK govt, it would have come from the company?

But yes, there was a part which I think govt treat FW better than citizens, which is last year whose FW who caught COVID get to stay in 5 star hotel or cruise ship. Now, citizen who catch COVID, you are to stay at home and risk infecting your family. No chance to stay in 5 star hotel or cruise ship..

RE: Is this the best SG garment can do? - debono - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 04:03 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  If you are on legal work permit in UK, can't be that bad right?? Even if the welfare doesn't come from the UK govt, it would have come from the company?

But yes, there was a part which I think govt treat FW better than citizens, which is last year whose FW who caught COVID get to stay in 5 star hotel or cruise ship. Now, citizen who catch COVID, you are to stay at home and risk infecting your family. No chance to stay in 5 star hotel or cruise ship..

In this world there will be changes, cos the only  thing that is not change is constant. Now there  are changes in the way one is to  spend their time in  quarantine.  It is stay home and don't infect others.....

(14-10-2021, 04:21 PM)debono Wrote:  In this world there will be changes, cos the only  thing that is not change is constant. Now there  are changes in the way one is to  spend their time in  quarantine.  It is stay home and don't infect others.....

Agreed.. But it is alway change for the better, not for the worse..

When you stay at home, you don't infect others, but you will infect your family members.