SG Talk
Seem like become Christian will be rich - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: Seem like become Christian will be rich (/Thread-Seem-like-become-Christian-will-be-rich)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - S I M T A N - 03-07-2024

A friend of mine once said to me, "There's no hell. When I die, I'm dead like a dog and that's the end of it." I replied that I believe there's a literal fire in hell because the Bible says so. But in another sense, whether there's a fire in hell or not is unimportant. There'll be enough torment there - "weeping ,wailing, and gnashing of teeth" - for a lost soul to spend an eternity regretting he missed Heaven and that hell is his eternal abode. The punishment of eternal separation from God, the regret and the conscious knowing that he missed Heaven would be punishment enough.

God didn't create hell for people; He created it for the devil and his demons. (Matt 25:41) Many have the misconception that God send people to hell. The last thing God wants is for anyone to end up in hell. God is "not willing that any should perish" and He "desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." More than desiring that none should perish, He proved His desire to save people by sending Jesus to earth to die on the cruel Roman cross for man's sins.

A person sends himself to hell by his own sin of rejecting Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour. God doesn't shut the door of salvation to keep people from receiving Jesus. He gives them a choice, and they're the only ones who can shut the door of salvation on themselves. If a person keeps rejecting the salvation that Jesus has already provided for him, one day the gate of hell will clang shut behind him, and it'll be too late for that poor soul. Just the thought of a soul being lost forever has set Christian soulwinners on the run to the remotest part of the earth. As I've said, we never know when our number is up. We're all going to leave this earth one of these days, and we're the ones who choose our own destiny and eternal abode.

Many people disbelieve or doubt the existence of hell, and they poke fun at those who believe the Bible. In the midst of the physical vigor and strength of this life, it's easy to ridicule the things of God. But it's another thing when one comes to the end of life' journey and has to cross over to the other side and enter that dark place without God.

I rarely talk to others about eternal torment, fire and brimstone and stuff because broaching this damning subject is bound to irk people. Saying you'll go to hell if you don't believe is very counterproductive to any attempt to convert others. I'd prefer to spread the message of God's love and the transformative power of Christ Jesus. Christ taught that Hell is real and Heaven is real. (Matt 10:28; 18:3) So there's a hell to shun and a Heaven to gain. The choice is therefore ours. God Himself said in Deuteronomy 30, "You choose between life and death, blessing and cursing. You make the choice."

(03-07-2024, 12:56 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  You said you are interested in the truth.

As such, you need to address the apparent contradictions in the tenets of your faith. The law of non-contradiction states that contradictory propositions cannot both be true at the same time and we have quite a few contradictory propositions in the Bible, which means there are falsehoods in the Bible, as well as truths. 

Now, how do you get around this?

The religions of the world are vastly different, and many of their core teachings are mired in contradictions. Some Biblical passages appear to contradict one another, but with a little investigative work into the original languages, the context of the various texts, and the cultural and geographical settings in which the Holy Scripture was originally written, they're easily reconcilable. Often, corruption comes when the gospel's simplicity is complicated and misapplied. Truth be told, people don't reject the Bible because it contradicts itself, but because it contradicts they themselves.

(03-07-2024, 12:14 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  the father the son and the holy spirt is not about religion
it is not a religion at all

it is a relationship that started on earth and will last into eternity in heaven

The Bible has little to say about religion, but a lot to say about Salvation. The difference is, religion is what people do for God whereas Salvation is what God does for people.

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Blasterlord2 - 03-07-2024

(03-07-2024, 01:49 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Win them to faith is to tell the disbelievers that they'll go to hell if they dun believe in god. Hahaha...

They always said god treats everyone as his children. If one child does not believe in him, will the father send this child to hell? This answer is obvious to the christians.

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Blasterlord2 - 03-07-2024

(01-07-2024, 04:59 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  That is right. It's similar to what I commented earlier. If somebody is constantly wishing/looking for money, the chances of him getting it will be higher than others who do not.

Imagine if there are two groups of children. One group believes that getting good grades is the way to a good career, the other group doesn't. Obviously, the first group will work very hard to get good grades, hence the chance of them getting high scores is higher than the other group. But does it mean that everyone in the latter group will get poor grades? Obviously no again. There could still be a few who get very high scores.

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Sentinel - 03-07-2024

Show me a verse that Jesus (if he is real), when he is cruxified to the cross, said "I am the begotten son of God sent to shed my blood so that whom so ever believe in me shall have everlasting life"

I only know Jesus said this when on the cross: "God, why hv u forsaken me"

Everything else is written by Paul and he is not even one of the 12 disciples of Jesus

That is the main reason how Islam arose because these early believers do not believe in the Holy Trinity, which again is told by Paul and not Jesus

SMH!

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Hope - 03-07-2024

(03-07-2024, 11:00 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Show me a verse that Jesus (if he is real), when he is cruxified to the cross, said "I am the begotten son of God sent to shed my blood so that whom so ever believe in me shall have everlasting life"

Everything else is written by Paul and he is not even one of the 12 disciples of Jesus

That is the main reason how Islam arose because these early believers do not believe in the Holy Trinity, which again is told by Paul and not Jesus

SMH!

God’s religion should not have so many factions 
God’s religion should not have so many sets of books 

God is against human sacrifice. That is why God gave a Ram to Abraham  .How can God sacrifice a human then?So Crucifixion is not real .

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Hope - 03-07-2024

(03-07-2024, 10:44 PM)S I M T A N Wrote:  The Bible has little to say about religion, but a lot to say about Salvation. The difference is, religion is what people do for God whereas Salvation is what God does for people.

What is a religion?
What do people do for God?
If God is doing only salvation, who is managing the universe?Who is recording the deeds of the people?

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Clyde - 04-07-2024

(01-07-2024, 03:15 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  This passage in the Bible compares God to a shepherd who watches over and cares for sheep who are vulnerable. A good shepherd ensures that sheep have enough food, water, and protection from danger. The verse is saying that God takes care of us in the same way. The word "want" in this context means to be in need. With God as our shepherd, we won't lack the things we truly need. This doesn't mean we will have everything we ever desire, but that God will provide for our essential needs and our well-being. Christians have a trust and dependence on God i.e. believers find comfort in knowing that God is watching over us and will take care of us.
When I was a teenager, 2 men came to me and told me exactly what you said above. Then one of them kept saying to me to give away/donate whatever money I have with me now as God will provide for our essential needs and our well-being. He also said I didn't need to keep any money with me at all.
Does this ring a bell?

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Blasterlord2 - 04-07-2024

(03-07-2024, 11:50 PM)Hope Wrote:  God’s religion should not have so many factions 
God’s religion should not have so many sets of books 

God is against human sacrifice. That is why God gave a Ram to Abraham  .How can God sacrifice a human then?So Crucifixion is not real .

It's not even right that a ram is sacrificed in place of human.

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - RiseofAsia - 04-07-2024

How come Got 2 bibles?
Jesus is not his real name, why har?

I Ching is not religion,
I only trust Nature(老天爷)
因为他没有教主!
Dont follow Law of nature, we will get ourselves into serious trouble.

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - pinkpanther - 04-07-2024

(03-07-2024, 11:00 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Show me a verse that Jesus (if he is real), when he is cruxified to the cross, said "I am the begotten son of God sent to shed my blood so that whom so ever believe in me shall have everlasting life"

SMH!

Christianity and Islam will fall if Jesus is not real...Haiya!
Jesus is mentioned more in the Quran than their prophet Muhammad and may I quote the prophet's word  Big Grin

Prophet Muhammad said: "Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the nearest of all people to Jesus, the son of Mary. The prophets are paternal brothers; their mothers are different, but their religion is one." So in Islam, no doubt about it.

But hor...Jesus never once spoke of Muhammad hor... Smile

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Ali Imran - 04-07-2024

(04-07-2024, 07:35 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Christianity and Islam will fall if Jesus is not real...Haiya!
Jesus is mentioned more in the Quran than their prophet Muhammad and may I quote the prophet's word  Big Grin

Prophet Muhammad said: "Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the nearest of all people to Jesus, the son of Mary. The prophets are paternal brothers; their mothers are different, but their religion is one." So in Islam, no doubt about it.

But hor...Jesus never once spoke of Muhammad hor... Smile

Do you have records of everything Jesus said to his disciples?

(04-07-2024, 07:36 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Do you have records of everything Jesus said to his disciples?

John 21:25
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

(04-07-2024, 07:41 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  John 21:25
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

Ok. So you don't know everything Jesus said. Jesus also said that he has many things to teach but not enough time.

Now, why did the disciples, after Jesus left, say that the picture would be completed once that promise of the incoming prophet like Moses was fulfilled?

(03-07-2024, 10:40 PM)S I M T A N Wrote:  The religions of the world are vastly different, and many of their core teachings are mired in contradictions. Some Biblical passages appear to contradict one another, but with a little investigative work into the original languages, the context of the various texts, and the cultural and geographical settings in which the Holy Scripture was originally written, they're easily reconcilable. Often, corruption comes when the gospel's simplicity is complicated and misapplied. Truth be told, people don't reject the Bible because it contradicts itself, but because it contradicts they themselves.

In my experience of discussing with Christians, most of them have not read the Bible. They can only tell you of the famous verses, like 'Before Abraham was I am". So they don't really know of the contradictions.

I heard many times Christians telling curious people (like me) that they should not question the Bible too much. Do you agree with that?

(04-07-2024, 07:58 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Ok. So you don't know everything Jesus said. Jesus also said that he has many things to teach but not enough time.

Now, why did the disciples, after Jesus left, say that the picture would be completed once that promise of the incoming prophet like Moses was fulfilled?

Where did you get that verse? You got interprete wrongly boh!
Show me your sauce!  Big Grin

(04-07-2024, 08:16 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Where did you get that verse? You got interprete wrongly boh!
Show me your sauce!  Big Grin

I was telling SimTan that most Christians have not read the New Testament.

Read Acts 3. Peter said Jesus will stay in the heavens until the promise God made to Moses was fulfilled.

(04-07-2024, 08:23 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I was telling SimTan that most Christians have not read the New Testament.

Read Acts 3. Peter said Jesus will stay in the heavens until the promise God made to Moses was fulfilled.

This one is it....you like to cherry picked on verses that suits your agenda...it had nothing to do with the next prophesied prophet hor...it was Jesus all along

Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you.

(04-07-2024, 09:00 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  This one is it....you like to cherry picked on verses that suits your agenda...it had nothing to do with the next prophesied prophet hor...it was Jesus all along

Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you.

Is Jesus a prophet like Moses?

(04-07-2024, 09:04 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Is Jesus a prophet like Moses?

Jesus fulfilled everything Moses established....
If you read Acts 3:20 to 26....it is very clear!

It has nothing to do with Muhammad...let's not get there!

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Sentinel - 04-07-2024

Stop arguing over nonsense from these two religions

The main reason why many think that Christianity is a Western religion (which include Europe, USA and UK) and of course Russia, is because of Constantine, the Roman emperor and you all should know that the two empires that brainwashed the Western and Islamic worlds are the Great Roman Empire and the Great Ottoman Empire

Both empires used Christianity and Islam to rule over their subjects

Generations after, until now, these Western brainwashed idiots have reached the point of no return and have to cling on to these two religions for dear life because to reject it is to reject their very existence and identity on this earth as the superior race

If the slaves from Africa planted in USA end up believing in the religion of their master over the generations, you must realize how insidious this brainwashing is and how weak these people are mentally

When Britain colonized Sinkiepoor and in every country they go to, might is right and the indigenous people changed and adopted the religion as the truth, because this is the power of conditioning

Many in Sinkiepoor brought up under the influence of the West (which previously was Britain and now USA) will die believing in these two nonsense religions and nothing can change that unless another superior power takes over

Notice that those in Pinoyland believe in Catholicism because it was a Portuguese or Spanish colony before the USA become its master, and Indonesia was formerly Buddhist until the Muslim traders came into power

Religion is just like politics and language

Whichever become a subject to a ruler of the day and seeing how advanced the master is compared to themselves, the masses will end up following the ruler's beliefs, because to do so otherwise will mean to be left out of the prosperity

Once the powers decline, and another belief system takes over, Christianity, Catholicism and Islam, etc, etc will be thrown into the dustbin of history, to be forgotten forever

So no point arguing because none of the religions are truthful, all are conjured up by humans to brainwash another so as to be superior and seems exclusive

Common sense will tell you it is all a big deceit

For the truth is that we are really on our own

So please enjoy your life as best as you can, for when you die, FULL STOP!

(04-07-2024, 09:18 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Jesus fulfilled everything Moses established....
If you read Acts 3:20 to 26....it is very clear!

It has nothing to do with Muhammad...let's not get there!

God said to Moses that God would raise a prophet like him. And this prophet is very important because God says we all MUST LISTEN to him.  Is Jesus a prophet like Moses? If not, who is that prophet?

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - WhatDoYouThink! - 04-07-2024

(30-06-2024, 09:47 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Notice lee nan xing , Chow c m become Christian now become rich

Likewise for others , I been noticed my neighbour last time pray Buddha than convert Christian now become rich

So Coincidence

A few out of how many millions or billions?

(04-07-2024, 09:27 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:   
God said to Moses that God would raise a prophet like him. And this prophet is very important because God says we all MUST LISTEN to him.  Is Jesus a prophet like Moses? If not, who is that prophet?

Not Muhammad lah...case close! Big Grin

Just as God gave Moses a vision of heaven that became a pattern for the tabernacle (see Ex. 25:9, 40), he also gave Moses a vision of the Prophet who would lead Israel on a new exodus. Indeed, this is the pattern we find in Moses. He’s not just a spokesman for God, as Aaron was for Moses (Ex. 7:1), nor was he one who received dreams and visions from God like other prophets (Num. 12:6–8). Rather, Moses was a prophet who spoke face to face with Yahweh (Deut. 34:12; cf. Num. 12:8).

In this unique position, Moses is recognized as a deliverer (Ex. 3:7–10), covenant mediator (Ex. 34:27), priest (Ps. 99:6), and ruler (Ex. 2:13–14; Acts 7:27). Moses’s larger-than-life status as prophet was designed by God as a template from which all other prophets would be measured.

But of course, Jesus would do more than bring a message from God. He would bring God to his people and his people to God.

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - WhatDoYouThink! - 04-07-2024

I bring no peace, but a sword.

(04-07-2024, 09:38 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Not Muhammad lah...case close! Big Grin

Just as God gave Moses a vision of heaven that became a pattern for the tabernacle (see Ex. 25:9, 40), he also gave Moses a vision of the Prophet who would lead Israel on a new exodus. Indeed, this is the pattern we find in Moses. He’s not just a spokesman for God, as Aaron was for Moses (Ex. 7:1), nor was he one who received dreams and visions from God like other prophets (Num. 12:6–8). Rather, Moses was a prophet who spoke face to face with Yahweh (Deut. 34:12; cf. Num. 12:8).

In this unique position, Moses is recognized as a deliverer (Ex. 3:7–10), covenant mediator (Ex. 34:27), priest (Ps. 99:6), and ruler (Ex. 2:13–14; Acts 7:27). Moses’s larger-than-life status as prophet was designed by God as a template from which all other prophets would be measured.

But of course, Jesus would do more than bring a message from God. He would bring God to his people and his people to God.

You wrote a lot but you didn't address the question.

God said WE ALL MUST LISTEN to him. So who is this prophet that we all must listen to and obey?

It cannot be Jesus because we do not know what he said so we cannot be expected to listen to what Jesus said when we don't know what he said.

(04-07-2024, 09:42 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  You wrote a lot but you didn't address the question.

God said WE ALL MUST LISTEN to him. So who is this prophet that we all must listen to and obey?

It cannot be Jesus because we do not know what he said so we cannot be expected to listen to what Jesus said when we don't know what he said.

Not Jesus then who?
You also wrote alot but you don read and understand the whole context..

Not the first time you cherry picked on verses and wrongly interpreted them...nothing new to us lah!

(04-07-2024, 10:18 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Not Jesus then who?
You also wrote alot but you don read and understand the whole context..

Not the first time you cherry picked on verses and wrongly interpreted them...nothing new to us lah!

You need to find that prophet because God says WE ALL MUST LISTEN TO HIM.

I've given you a reason why it cannot be Jesus because we do not know what he said so we cannot be expected to listen to him.

(04-07-2024, 10:39 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  You need to find that prophet because God says WE ALL MUST LISTEN TO HIM.

I've given you a reason why it cannot be Jesus because we do not know what he said so we cannot be expected to listen to him.

Alpha Q ! Big Grin