SG Talk
Seem like become Christian will be rich - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: Seem like become Christian will be rich (/Thread-Seem-like-become-Christian-will-be-rich)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - WhatDoYouThink! - 05-07-2024

Look at pinoyland and africa, it's obviously not true.

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - S I M T A N - 05-07-2024

(05-07-2024, 07:15 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  This is why human law is biased. We need to follow law of nature. You don’t understand what it means by following the law of nature. 道是说不清楚的,说的清楚不是道。 You have to see the situation and make the best decision of yourself which I can only say.
Why some men will look for little 3, it is in our blood, man is not always loyal to 1 woman.

How come we wear clothes? The reason is very simple. The Chinese has treated naked as art not sex. Furthermore wearing clothes protect us for extreme weather if you don’t want die due to bad weather conditions.

You're right - promiscuity is in man's blood. A lamentable consequences of men's enthusiastic and impulsive sex drive is that it has caused constant mayhem for couples trying to foster a relationship and is the number one cause of relationship woes. Sometimes one wonders why nature would plant such enormous amounts of testosterone in men - which is 10 to 20 times more than in women - causing them to have a higher sex drive and become sex athletes. Does nature have the answer to this philandering problem of the masculine gender?

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Ali Imran - 05-07-2024

(05-07-2024, 10:34 PM)S I M T A N Wrote:  You're right - promiscuity is in man's blood. A lamentable consequences of men's enthusiastic and impulsive sex drive is that it has caused constant mayhem for couples trying to foster a relationship and is the number one cause of relationship woes. Sometimes one wonders why nature would plant such enormous amounts of testosterone in men - which is 10 to 20 times more than in women - causing them to have a higher sex drive and become sex athletes. Does nature have the answer to this philandering problem of the masculine gender?

The answer is the feminine gender, of course. The problem is monogamy, which is unnatural.

(05-07-2024, 07:55 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  How is Prophet Jesus like Prophet Moses? They are like chalk and cheese.

Peace and blessings be upon them.

Jesus asserted that the Bible, upon which Christianity is based, was without error, indestructible, infallible, historically reliable, scientifically accurate and divinely authoritative. If Jesus was a prophet (one who interprets God's will and God's ways), as the Quran teaches, then we should all agree with His assertion.

However, Jesus proved that He was the trustworthy Son Of God by His miraculous fulfillment of hundreds of Old Testament prophecies, His sinless
life, His miracles, and His resurrection from the dead. Muhammad admitted his sinfulness and performed no miracles. To this day, his body is in his tomb. Jesus' grave is empty. The claim of resurrection is vital to Christianity.

(05-07-2024, 10:56 PM)S I M T A N Wrote:  Jesus asserted that the Bible, upon which Christianity is based, was without error, indestructible, infallible, historically reliable, scientifically accurate and divinely authoritative. If Jesus was a prophet (one who interprets God's will and God's ways), as the Quran teaches, then we should all agree with His assertion.

Thank you for replying.

Can you please show me where Jesus made that assertion?

(05-07-2024, 10:45 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  The answer is the feminine gender, of course. The problem is monogamy, which is unnatural.

Why are women monogamous, and why is monogamy unnatural?

(05-07-2024, 11:01 PM)S I M T A N Wrote:   Why are women monogamous, and why is monogamy unnatural?

Men and women are differently wired, as you already agreed when you said men have greater sex drive as compared to women. Even among men, some of us have a greater sex drive than others. 

Polygyny is natural, as seen in nature, and as such, monogamy is unnatural.

I'm expecting Blasterlord to come at me for saying polygyny is natural.

Big Grin

(05-07-2024, 10:58 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Thank you for replying.

Can you please show me where Jesus made that assertion?

John 17:17,  Matt 5:18,  John 10:35,  Matt 12:40; 24:37-39,  Matt 19:4-5,  Matt 4:4-10

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Blasterlord2 - 05-07-2024

(05-07-2024, 11:12 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I'm expecting Blasterlord to come at me for saying polygyny is natural.

Big Grin

Nope, I've never said that I held that opinion.

(05-07-2024, 11:18 PM)S I M T A N Wrote:  John 17:17,  Matt 5:18,  John 10:35,  Matt 12:40; 24:37-39,  Matt 19:4-5,  Matt 4:4-10

Are you serious? None of them mention the Bible.

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Blin - 06-07-2024

Money is free.
I not sure but think all churches around the world over must pay some money to pope'S HQ.

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Clyde - 06-07-2024

(05-07-2024, 11:24 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Are you serious? None of them mention the Bible.

I see so much lies in this thread. Anything bad about Christianity is being defused by SIMTAN

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Ali Imran - 06-07-2024

(06-07-2024, 09:25 AM)Clyde Wrote:  I see so much lies in this thread. Anything bad about Christianity is being defused by SIMTAN

Hello.

We were talking about Deut 18:18-20 and the warning in those verses.

The warning is very critical. We all must listen to God's words spoken through that promised prophet in Deut 18 failing which will mean big trouble for us. That is how important it is to find this promised prophet who will be a mouthpiece for God's verbatim words

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Lukongsimi - 06-07-2024

One is true the other is self made truth

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - EvertonDiehard - 06-07-2024

(06-07-2024, 09:06 AM)Blin Wrote:  Money is free.I not sure but think all churches around the world over must pay some money to pope'S HQ.

That is definitely a lie.

(05-07-2024, 03:05 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Dun think can generalise to say that the Christians are highly educated or more educated than other groups. Totally not true.

Sweeping generalisations are always untrue. In the S'porean context, there are many wealthy, highly educated and westernised residents who are Christians. This may give the impression that the God of the Bible has blessed them with a comfortable life. 

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - WhatDoYouThink! - 06-07-2024

Brainwashed by their colonial masters who told them everything about themselves are of low ses. It's true for all the colonies

(06-07-2024, 11:19 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Brainwashed by their colonial masters who told them everything about themselves are of low ses. It's true for all the colonies

The saddest thing that I keep hearing on SG Talk are Sinkies who label themselves as descending from "coolie genes". 

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - cheekopekman - 06-07-2024

(06-07-2024, 10:53 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Sweeping generalisations are always untrue. In the S'porean context, there are many wealthy, highly educated and westernised residents who are Christians. This may give the impression that the God of the Bible has blessed them with a comfortable life. 

God blessed Christians to bless others lah! Big Grin It's more blessed to give than to receive lah! The more is given the more is required of you lah!

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Blasterlord2 - 06-07-2024

(06-07-2024, 10:53 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Sweeping generalisations are always untrue. In the S'porean context, there are many wealthy, highly educated and westernised residents who are Christians. This may give the impression that the God of the Bible has blessed them with a comfortable life. 

There are many wealthy and highly educated people who are not Christians. That is why I said it's not true that it's due to god's blessing.

(06-07-2024, 11:29 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The saddest thing that I keep hearing on SG Talk are Sinkies who label themselves as descending from "coolie genes". 

Coolie genes but many had worked hard and becum rich, contributed to our nation building. You shd be proud of them instead of looking down on them

(06-07-2024, 11:56 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Coolie genes but many had worked hard and becum rich, contributed to our nation building. You shd be proud of them instead of looking down on them

There you go again putting words in my mouth in an attempt to disparage me. Why do you keep using a Strawman Argument? Don't you have enough intellect and command of the English language to debate without using such tactics to hit below the belt? Surely you have more substance than that, or do you actually possess any?

(06-07-2024, 12:14 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  There you go again putting words in my mouth in an attempt to disparage me. Why do you keep using a Strawman Argument? Don't you have enough intellect and command of the English language to debate without using such tactics to hit below the belt? Surely you have more substance than that, or do you actually possess any?

Asking you not to look down on coolie genes is disparaging you?

Let me educate you on what is a strawman argument. You attacked a distorted version of my argument instead of my actual position. Owing to your weak powers of reasoning, you took my argument and twisted it in a way that makes it easier to attack. You attacked this weakened version of my argument, making yourself look like you made a point. You actually ignored my earlier statement. The problem is that you have not addressed my actual point. You just put words in my mouth.  

(06-07-2024, 12:17 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Asking you not to look down on coolie genes is disparaging you?

Your command of English is embarrassing! I said: "The saddest thing that I keep hearing on SG Talk are Sinkies who label themselves as descending from "coolie genes". I found such self-deprecating statements by my fellow S'poreans sad and tragic. Is that your interpretation of me looking down on my fellow citizens?  

(06-07-2024, 12:19 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Let me educate you on what is a strawman argument. You attacked a distorted version of my argument instead of my actual position. Owing to your weak powers of reasoning, you took my argument and twisted it in a way that makes it easier to attack. You attacked this weakened version of my argument, making yourself look like you made a point. You actually ignored my earlier statement. The problem is that you have not addressed my actual point. You just put words in my mouth.  

Let's make it easier for you to understand:

1. Do you look down on coolie genes?
2. Am I wrong to remind you or anyone not to do that?
3. Do you agree that's a bad thing to do?

(06-07-2024, 12:17 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Asking you not to look down on coolie genes is disparaging you?

Arguing with a fool is unproductive since you are not interested in reasoned debate. Engaging with you is a waste of time and energy. A fool will resort to insults or other tactics that make the situation worse. Arguing with an unreasonable fool is also draining and frustrating. 

(06-07-2024, 12:27 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Let's make it easier for you to understand:

1. Do you look down on coolie genes?
2. Am I wrong to remind you or anyone not to do that?
3. Do you agree that's a bad thing to do?

1. Do you look down on coolie genes? NO. You need to brush up on your English.
2. Am I wrong to remind you or anyone not to do that? You are WRONG. Full stop.
3. Do you agree that's a bad thing to do? I agree that twisting my words is a bad thing.

RE: Seem like become Christian will be rich - Ali Imran - 06-07-2024

(06-07-2024, 11:49 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  There are many wealthy and highly educated people who are not Christians. That is why I said it's not true that it's due to god's blessing.

Wealth can be a blessing as well as a curse.

If you have wealth and you are charitable, it is a blessing. If wealth makes you selfish, it is a curse.