SG Talk
If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY (/Thread-If-Lim-Ching-Siong-in-charge-SG-instead-LKY)

Pages: 1 2

If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - [[ForeverAlone]] - 15-09-2023

SG now will be how?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EcD-RpXfGQ

Lim Chin Siong and Operation Coldstore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JBkpeDpybg

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - victortan - 15-09-2023

Don need to say. Sure holland. LKY is my hero.

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - [[ForeverAlone]] - 15-09-2023

(15-09-2023, 11:46 PM)victortan Wrote:  Don need to say. Sure holland. LKY is my hero.

Smile now is 2023. is talk about history of SG , political power struggle last time.

My parents is fair enough tell me what happen during their time , talk about Lim Chin Siong beside LKY. As my parents is not bias on anyone be it LKY or Lim Chin Siong when want to learn the Real history of SG. Guess the current gen will not even know who is Lim Chin Siong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lim_Chin_Siong

" Lim's achievements include co-founding the PAP, galvanising the trade unions against colonialism, and predicting correctly that the marriage of Malaya and Singapore as a single country would be short-lived. " But LKY talk like is he claim hmm

according from Mainstream media CNA , " From our archives: Singapore is "like the durian"; try and squeeze it, you get hurt, said founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew. In a speech delivered not long after Singapore separated from Malaysia in 1965, Mr Lee said that while the country is small in size, it's not easy to put the screws on its people. "

Yet, these achievements have generally been overshadowed by the allegations that:

He was a communist, and that Singapore could have become communist; and
He was the mastermind behind numerous subversive activities against the government. "

" Lim was elected into the Legislative Assembly as the Assembly Member for Bukit Timah in 1955. Lim was the youngest Assemblyman ever to be elected in Singapore's history, at the age of 22. Lim seemed to be an extremely promising politician, even in the eyes of Lee Kuan Yew. Chief Minister David Marshall recalled that Lee had introduced Lim to him, and said that Lim would be the "future Prime Minister of Singapore".

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - Blasterlord2 - 16-09-2023

There is no "if" in life. Spore could turn out to be better or worse. Lim was charismatic, more than LKY. I knew his son in real life, quite an energetic and capable person.

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - WhatDoYouThink! - 16-09-2023

Many ppl said singkees not so smart. Seems correct.

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - cheekopekman - 16-09-2023

(15-09-2023, 11:57 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile now is 2023. is talk about history of SG , political power struggle last time.

My parents is fair enough tell me what happen during their time , talk about Lim Chin Siong beside LKY. As my parents is not bias on anyone be it LKY or Lim Chin Siong when want to learn the Real history of SG. Guess the current gen will not even know who is Lim Chin Siong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lim_Chin_Siong

" Lim's achievements include co-founding the PAP, galvanising the trade unions against colonialism, and predicting correctly that the marriage of Malaya and Singapore as a single country would be short-lived.  " But LKY talk like is he claim hmm

according from Mainstream media CNA , " From our archives: Singapore is "like the durian"; try and squeeze it, you get hurt, said founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew. In a speech delivered not long after Singapore separated from Malaysia in 1965, Mr Lee said that while the country is small in size, it's not easy to put the screws on its people. "

Yet, these achievements have generally been overshadowed by the allegations that:

He was a communist, and that Singapore could have become communist; and
He was the mastermind behind numerous subversive activities against the government. "

" Lim was elected into the Legislative Assembly as the Assembly Member for Bukit Timah in 1955. Lim was the youngest Assemblyman ever to be elected in Singapore's history, at the age of 22. Lim seemed to be an extremely promising politician, even in the eyes of Lee Kuan Yew. Chief Minister David Marshall recalled that Lee had introduced Lim to him, and said that Lim would be the "future Prime Minister of Singapore".

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In this Chinese name, the family name is Lim.
Lim Chin Siong
林清祥
[Image: 220px-Lim_Chin_Siong_1950s.jpg]
Lim in the 1950s
Secretary-General of the Barisan Sosialis
In office
3 October 1961 – 21 July 1969
Chairman
Lee Siew Choh
Preceded by
Position established
Succeeded by
Position abolished
Assembly Member
for Bukit Timah Constituency
In office
22 April 1955 – 31 March 1959
Preceded by
Hollupatherage James Caldera Kulasingha
Succeeded by
Ya'acob Mohamed
Personal details
Born
28 February 1933
SingaporeStraits Settlements
Died
5 February 1996 (aged 62)
Singapore
Resting place
Mandai Crematorium and Columbarium
Political party
Barisan Sosialis (1961–1969)
Other political
affiliations
People's Action Party (1954–1961)
Spouse
Wong Chui Wan

(m. 1970)
Children
Parents
Occupation
Lim Chin Siong
Chinese name
Traditional Chinese
林清祥
Simplified Chinese
林清祥
Hanyu Pinyin
Lín Qīngxiáng
Jyutping
Lam4 Cing1 Coeng4
Hokkien POJ
Lîm Chheng-siông

Lim Chin Siong (Chinese: 林清祥; pinyinLín QīngxiángJyutpingLam4 Cing1 Coeng4Pe̍h-ōe-jīLîm Chheng-siông; 28 February 1933 – 5 February 1996)[1] was a Singaporean politician and union leader active in Singapore in the 1950s and 1960s. He was one of the founders of the governing People's Action Party (PAP), which has governed the country continuously since independence. Lim also used his popularity to galvanise many trade unions in support of the PAP. 
Lim was the youngest Assemblyman in Singapore to be elected. However, Lim's political career was cut short by two detentions without trial after being labelled a communist. The first time was between 1956 and 1959 when he was arrested and detained by the Labour Front government. The second time was between 1963 and 1969 when he was arrested during Operation Coldstore and detained by the PAP government. After attempting suicide in prison, he was released in 1969 on the condition that he forever renounced politics.

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - p1acebo - 16-09-2023

Hello TS, correct your typo in your headline thread lah. Chin and not Ching.

I notice you have a totally lackadaisical approach to the English grammar and spelling.

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - sgbuffett - 16-09-2023

I think deeply about various issues ...and how they evolve in the longer term but to put things simply first:

Under Lim Chin Siong ....Singapore would have ended up a poorer, more relaxed and happier society.

Under LKY, we have more money but unevenly distributed, extreme stress and nbusload of unhappiness.

LKY is like the father who hot housed his children to achieve more economically like it or not through discipline and strict rules.

Anyone else not just Lim, Singapore would have progressed at a slow pace like Penang, Taiwan etc.

Every society makes it tradeoffs, there is no free lunch ....a price is paid for every gain...but that price is it worth it?

Money may not be success and success may not lead to happiness and meaningful lives....the complexity of human needs is hard to fathom once we go beyond the basic needs.

Wealth and misery is sometimes intertwined.

A wealthy society that does not procreate to refresh itself ends up as a failed society.

The much vaulted view that Singapore leaders and LKY have long term vision may not true...in fact if we look further on and beyond....I think they failed to appreciate the complexities of human society.

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - Stoki - 16-09-2023

Under LCS, we may be governing the whole of Malaya rather than the small red dot, some say even include the Borneo states of Sabah and Sarawak

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - Huliwang - 16-09-2023

(15-09-2023, 11:42 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  SG now will be how?

You mean Lim Chin Siong do an operation Cold. Store on LKY and put him into cold storage ah? Seriously, you think LKY will allow that to happen to him?   Laughing

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - Oyk - 16-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 12:38 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  There is no "if" in life. Spore could turn out to be better or worse. Lim was charismatic, more than LKY. I knew his son in real life, quite an energetic and capable person.

Is he the one who likes to eat mala?   Rolleyes

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - cityhantam - 16-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 10:11 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Is he the one who likes to eat mala?   Rolleyes

He loves to eat goat meat, flower goat meat!  Laughing

(16-09-2023, 08:39 AM)Stoki Wrote:  Under LCS, we may be governing the whole of Malaya rather than the small red dot, some say even include the Borneo states of Sabah and Sarawak

LCS denied that he was a communist....as in having links to the CCP.

Lim will not be able to govern the whole of Malaysia in peace.  There will be endless riots between the Malays and Hans, a lot of blood will be shed, the Malays will come with parangs and run amok, and the Hans will eventually call upon China for help.  There is a chance that Malaysia will be seized...but it will not stop there.  There will be guerrilla wars in the years to come as the Malays try to reclaim what belonged to them.

Stop dreaming. Rolleyes

(16-09-2023, 08:33 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  A wealthy society that does not procreate to refresh itself ends up as a failed society.

I snipped away the rest of your post which are basically motherhood statements.  99% of the members here are one or two decades older than you, and I am quite sure they don't need that lecture of yours.  You are better off writing those to school children...Sec 1 or 2 level.

However, there is one sentence I need to bring attention....so, how many chewren do you have leh?   Rolleyes

(16-09-2023, 10:11 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Is he the one who likes to eat mala?   Rolleyes

What's the farking problem with you?

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - Niubee - 16-09-2023

he will like to eat u...make u high Big Grin

(16-09-2023, 10:28 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  What's the farking problem with you?

Seven early eight early, you get triggered over an innocuous question I asked, to seek some clarifications about your "friend's" dietary preferences, Like/Dislikes..

What's the matter with you huh?  Rolleyes

(16-09-2023, 10:32 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Seven early eight early, you get triggered over an innocuous question I asked, to seek some clarifications about your "friend's" dietary preferences, Like/Dislikes..

What's the matter with you huh?  Rolleyes

Just fark off lah.

(16-09-2023, 10:34 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Just fark off lah.

May I know if your mala lovng friend was also born in Malaya like you?  Smile

(16-09-2023, 10:37 AM)Oyk Wrote:  May I know if your mala lovng friend was also born in Malaya like you?  Smile

Look, you don't have to believe me if I say that I have many sinkie friends who like to eat Mala hotpot.

You dun even have to believe me when I say that I have a sinkie friend called Lin Min.

In fact, you dun have to believe anything I say. Just fark off if you dun.

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - klat - 16-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 08:39 AM)Stoki Wrote:  Under LCS, we may be governing the whole of Malaya rather than the small red dot, some say even include the Borneo states of Sabah and Sarawak

Then there will be peace and stability and the whole of Malaysia will prosper. Then we will be in a 1st world with Swiss standard earlier than Lau Goh had planned.

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - moonrab - 16-09-2023

He will lead SG to fight, assisted by the Communist, with Malaysia (back up by UK),

Probably lose, and Singapore would be annexed by Mal.

No more the Singapore of today. No more as an Independent Sovereign Country.

(16-09-2023, 10:56 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Look, you don't have to believe me if I say that I have many sinkie friends who like to eat Mala hotpot.

You dun even have to believe me when I say that I have a sinkie friend called Lin Min.

In fact, you dun have to believe anything I say. Just fark off if you dun.

Of course we should not believe you and RK. The similarities in story telling are so obvious..  Rolleyes

(16-09-2023, 10:18 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  He loves to eat goat meat, flower goat meat!  Laughing

[Image: IMG-20230612-WA0022.jpg]

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - Ola - 16-09-2023

Alamak. I never heard of him

Maybe his children will not fight for a house or sue their own brother?

(16-09-2023, 01:32 PM)Blin Wrote:  He can talk very well, Way ahead of his peers I heard.

Even LKY acknowledged that LCS is more charming than him.

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - [[ForeverAlone]] - 16-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 06:32 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Even LKY acknowledged that LCS is more charming than him.

LKY Know LCS is same league with him. A tough guy to fix.

actually LCS win over LKY.

PAP got defeated before lost lots of votes due to LCS Charm.

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - [[ForeverAlone]] - 16-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 01:32 PM)Blin Wrote:  He can talk very well, Way ahead of his peers I heard.

obviously , he also educated speak good English like LKY.

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - Stoki - 17-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 06:41 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  LKY Know LCS is same league with him. A tough guy to fix.

actually LCS win over LKY.

PAP got defeated before lost lots of votes due to LCS Charm.

We probably will be living happily with prosperity in a bigger cuntry called Malaisia, which he may have merged and governed well.

Laughing

RE: If Lim Ching Siong in charge SG instead LKY - puntfast2 - 17-09-2023

(16-09-2023, 08:33 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think deeply about various issues ...and how they evolve in the longer term but to put things simply first:

Under Lim Chin Siong ....Singapore would have ended up a poorer, more relaxed and happier society.

Under LKY, we have more money but unevenly distributed, extreme stress and nbusload of unhappiness.

LKY is like the father who hot housed his children to achieve more economically like it or not through discipline and strict rules.

Anyone else not just Lim, Singapore would have progressed at a slow pace like Penang, Taiwan etc.

Every society makes it tradeoffs, there is no free lunch ....a price is paid for every gain...but that price is it worth it?

Money may not be success and success may not lead to happiness and meaningful lives....the complexity of human needs is hard to fathom once we go beyond the basic needs.

Wealth and misery is sometimes intertwined.

A wealthy society that does not procreate to refresh itself ends up as a failed society.

The much vaulted view that Singapore leaders and LKY have long term vision may not true...in fact if we look further on and beyond....I think they failed to appreciate the complexities of human society.

GST from PAP have money evenly redistributed, poor will get more than rich. This is an excellent scheme by PAP!