SG Talk
Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life (/Thread-Apple-users-complain-latest-IOS17-upgrade-ruins-battery-life)

Pages: 1 2

Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - sgbuffett - 19-09-2023

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12534579/amp/iPhone-users-say-Apples-iOS-17-update-RUINING-battery-life-reports-charge-draining-hours-heres-phone-affected.html

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - p1acebo - 19-09-2023

yes ish true. My iphone 4S battery life is very weak nao Sad

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - Lukongsimi - 19-09-2023

Heng I saw this thread,haven’t update to iOS 17.

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - Alice Alicia - 20-09-2023

Battery is apple 's weak point.
Has always been.

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - Niubee - 20-09-2023

(19-09-2023, 11:24 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  yes ish true. My iphone 4S battery life is very weak nao Sad

i heard 4s cannot use whatsapp.

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - Napoleon Porlumpar - 20-09-2023

how to reduce power consumption on android phones ?

i remember last time i went to developer options ?............press one button 7 times...............then can turn off animations and hardware acceleration ,etc etc.....

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - RiseofAsia - 20-09-2023

I just updated to IOS17 yesterday night, still haven’t observed any battery drainage issue lah. Rotfl

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - RiseofAsia - 20-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 01:23 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  how to reduce power consumption on android phones ?

i remember last time i went to developer options ?............press one button 7 times...............then can turn off animations and hardware acceleration ,etc etc.....

Yes. Go to development option to do the setting

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - p1acebo - 20-09-2023

Since I changed from Nokia in the 90s and early 2000s, all my phones have since been iPhones Big Grin

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - Huliwang - 20-09-2023

Someone gave me an iphone which I was unable to open. I called up the person who gave me the phone and he told me must install the sim card then can open. I thought it is like android where I can surf with just wifi. Knnah, so troublesome as I already had a Samsung with my sim card. So I returned the useless iphone back to him. 
One thing I must say is iphone looks very elegant and solid.    Big Grin

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - K88 shu shu - 20-09-2023

mine battery still very good despite the phone already 4 yr old.

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - Lukongsimi - 20-09-2023

(19-09-2023, 11:24 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  yes ish true.  My iphone 4S battery life is very weak nao Sad

iPhone 6 n below can’t update to iOS 17

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - Napoleon Porlumpar - 20-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 07:59 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Since I changed from Nokia in the 90s and early 2000s, all my phones have since been iPhones Big Grin

yah lah................yah lah...................people know you velly rich lah.................

(20-09-2023, 08:11 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Someone gave me an iphone which I was unable to open. I called up the person who gave me the phone and he told me must install the sim card then can open. I thought it is like android where I can surf with just wifi. Knnah, so troublesome as I already had a Samsung with my sim card. So I returned the useless iphone back to him. 

useless iphone.................bro, people in China and India are selling their kidneys to buy one................... Rotfl

(20-09-2023, 06:52 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Yes. Go to development option to do the setting

forgot how to do it liao..............

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - cityhantam - 20-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 12:53 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  useless iphone.................bro, people in China and India are selling their kidneys to buy one................... Rotfl

In India, maybe. 

In China, that is old history liao!

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - Huliwang - 20-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 12:53 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  useless iphone.................bro, people in China and India are selling their kidneys to buy one................... Rotfl
Real rubbish lah. No put sim card cannot operate.   Big Grin

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - p1acebo - 20-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 12:52 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  yah lah................yah lah...................people know you velly rich lah.................

Nothing to do with being rich or not, but security to me is paramount lah.

Anyway I not rich hor Big Grin

(20-09-2023, 12:27 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  iPhone 6 n below can’t update to iOS 17

Rotfl

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - TalkingRabbit - 20-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 08:11 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Someone gave me an iphone which I was unable to open. I called up the person who gave me the phone and he told me must install the sim card then can open. I thought it is like android where I can surf with just wifi. Knnah, so troublesome as I already had a Samsung with my sim card. So I returned the useless iphone back to him. 

Rotfl

i just bought iPad Gen 9 for my mum. no need sim card de

(20-09-2023, 03:27 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  Rotfl

i just bought iPad Gen 9 for my mum. no need sim card de
He told me that is iphone 7.    Big Grin .

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - surfer - 20-09-2023

Not true. Without the SIM card you can still power on the phone and when connected to wifi can surf the internet. That’s what I do with my old standby iPhone.

(20-09-2023, 04:22 PM)surfer Wrote:  Not true. Without the SIM card you can still power on the phone and when connected to wifi can surf the internet. That’s what I do with my old standby iPhone.
Dunno, I can't operate that thing and that's what the person who gave me said.  It can be powered up and the word "hello" appeared and that's the furthest it went.   Big Grin

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - Lukongsimi - 20-09-2023

Where got such dumb things iPhone without SIM card cannot surf internet  with wifi?

RE: Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life - theold - 20-09-2023

All my Apple phones' batteries only last for half a day. Maybe it has to do with contacts, apps, etc. If I use GPS with mobile data, it is a few hours. One day needs to charge at least 3 times.

(20-09-2023, 01:47 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Real rubbish lah. No put sim card cannot operate.   Big Grin

cannot make emergency calls also ?

(20-09-2023, 03:19 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Nothing to do with being rich or not, but security to me is paramount lah.

Anyway I not rich hor Big Grin

so iPhone confirm scam-proof meh ?.............i thought they say Samsung also very secure.......?

(20-09-2023, 04:31 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Dunno, I can't operate that thing and that's what the person who gave me said.  It can be powered up and the word "hello" appeared and that's the furthest it went.   Big Grin

the phone got say ''Goodbye''.............??

(20-09-2023, 10:20 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  cannot make emergency calls also ?

so iPhone confirm scam-proof meh ?.............i thought they say Samsung also very secure.......?

The phone said RIP

(20-09-2023, 10:20 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  cannot make emergency calls also ?

I won't say iPhone confirm scam-proof.  Nothing is nowadays.  Always must be vigilant.  Scammers are smart and they will adapt and evolve their tactics over time.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/android-malware-scam-factory-reset-phone-police-3785801

(20-09-2023, 11:20 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/android-malware-scam-factory-reset-phone-police-3785801

Useless android phone