Apple users complain ....latest IOS17 upgrade ruins battery life

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/...ected.html

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

yes ish true. My iphone 4S battery life is very weak nao Sad

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Heng I saw this thread,haven’t update to iOS 17.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Battery is apple 's weak point.
Has always been.

(19-09-2023, 11:24 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  yes ish true. My iphone 4S battery life is very weak nao Sad

i heard 4s cannot use whatsapp.

Smile

how to reduce power consumption on android phones ?

i remember last time i went to developer options ?............press one button 7 times...............then can turn off animations and hardware acceleration ,etc etc.....

I just updated to IOS17 yesterday night, still haven’t observed any battery drainage issue lah. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(20-09-2023, 01:23 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  how to reduce power consumption on android phones ?

i remember last time i went to developer options ?............press one button 7 times...............then can turn off animations and hardware acceleration ,etc etc.....

Yes. Go to development option to do the setting

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Since I changed from Nokia in the 90s and early 2000s, all my phones have since been iPhones Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Someone gave me an iphone which I was unable to open. I called up the person who gave me the phone and he told me must install the sim card then can open. I thought it is like android where I can surf with just wifi. Knnah, so troublesome as I already had a Samsung with my sim card. So I returned the useless iphone back to him. 
One thing I must say is iphone looks very elegant and solid.    Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

mine battery still very good despite the phone already 4 yr old.

(19-09-2023, 11:24 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  yes ish true.  My iphone 4S battery life is very weak nao Sad

iPhone 6 n below can’t update to iOS 17

☝️

(20-09-2023, 07:59 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Since I changed from Nokia in the 90s and early 2000s, all my phones have since been iPhones Big Grin

yah lah................yah lah...................people know you velly rich lah.................

(20-09-2023, 08:11 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Someone gave me an iphone which I was unable to open. I called up the person who gave me the phone and he told me must install the sim card then can open. I thought it is like android where I can surf with just wifi. Knnah, so troublesome as I already had a Samsung with my sim card. So I returned the useless iphone back to him. 

useless iphone.................bro, people in China and India are selling their kidneys to buy one................... Rotfl

(20-09-2023, 06:52 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Yes. Go to development option to do the setting

forgot how to do it liao..............

(20-09-2023, 12:53 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  useless iphone.................bro, people in China and India are selling their kidneys to buy one................... Rotfl

In India, maybe. 

In China, that is old history liao!

(20-09-2023, 12:53 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  useless iphone.................bro, people in China and India are selling their kidneys to buy one................... Rotfl
Real rubbish lah. No put sim card cannot operate.   Big Grin

Carl Jung

(20-09-2023, 12:52 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  yah lah................yah lah...................people know you velly rich lah.................

Nothing to do with being rich or not, but security to me is paramount lah.

Anyway I not rich hor Big Grin

(20-09-2023, 12:27 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  iPhone 6 n below can’t update to iOS 17

Rotfl

(20-09-2023, 08:11 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Someone gave me an iphone which I was unable to open. I called up the person who gave me the phone and he told me must install the sim card then can open. I thought it is like android where I can surf with just wifi. Knnah, so troublesome as I already had a Samsung with my sim card. So I returned the useless iphone back to him. 

Rotfl

i just bought iPad Gen 9 for my mum. no need sim card de
[+] 1 user Likes TalkingRabbit's post

(20-09-2023, 03:27 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  Rotfl

i just bought iPad Gen 9 for my mum. no need sim card de
He told me that is iphone 7.    Big Grin .

Carl Jung

Not true. Without the SIM card you can still power on the phone and when connected to wifi can surf the internet. That’s what I do with my old standby iPhone.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(20-09-2023, 04:22 PM)surfer Wrote:  Not true. Without the SIM card you can still power on the phone and when connected to wifi can surf the internet. That’s what I do with my old standby iPhone.
Dunno, I can't operate that thing and that's what the person who gave me said.  It can be powered up and the word "hello" appeared and that's the furthest it went.   Big Grin

Carl Jung

Where got such dumb things iPhone without SIM card cannot surf internet  with wifi?

☝️

All my Apple phones' batteries only last for half a day. Maybe it has to do with contacts, apps, etc. If I use GPS with mobile data, it is a few hours. One day needs to charge at least 3 times.

(20-09-2023, 01:47 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Real rubbish lah. No put sim card cannot operate.   Big Grin

cannot make emergency calls also ?

(20-09-2023, 03:19 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Nothing to do with being rich or not, but security to me is paramount lah.

Anyway I not rich hor Big Grin

so iPhone confirm scam-proof meh ?.............i thought they say Samsung also very secure.......?

(20-09-2023, 04:31 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Dunno, I can't operate that thing and that's what the person who gave me said.  It can be powered up and the word "hello" appeared and that's the furthest it went.   Big Grin

the phone got say ''Goodbye''.............??

(20-09-2023, 10:20 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  cannot make emergency calls also ?

so iPhone confirm scam-proof meh ?.............i thought they say Samsung also very secure.......?

The phone said RIP

☝️

(20-09-2023, 10:20 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  cannot make emergency calls also ?

I won't say iPhone confirm scam-proof.  Nothing is nowadays.  Always must be vigilant.  Scammers are smart and they will adapt and evolve their tactics over time.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ce-3785801

(20-09-2023, 11:20 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ce-3785801

Useless android phone

☝️