SG Talk
Now no one talks about novavax? - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: Now no one talks about novavax? (/Thread-Now-no-one-talks-about-novavax)

Now no one talks about novavax? - dynamite - 27-12-2021

Seems like 5here are a few reports citing it is effective against omicron variant.

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - theold - 27-12-2021

Novavax Covid Vaccine Provides Antibody Response Against Omicron

TOPLINE Maryland-based drugmaker Novavax said Wednesday its two-shot Covid-19 vaccine offers protection against the coronavirus’ omicron variant

A third dose of Novavax’s vaccine — administered to adults six months after their first two shots — bumped antibody levels against the omicron variant 73.5-fold and was more effective in stopping omicron from entering cells.

The 73.5-fold increase was higher than for Pfizer and Moderna booster shots, which increased antibody levels 25-fold and 37-fold, respectively.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimberleespeakman/2021/12/22/novavax-covid-vaccine-provides-antibody-response-against-omicron-data-suggests/?sh=79dc1a554c5e

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - watchfirst9 - 27-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 08:44 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Seems like 5here are a few reports citing it is effective against omicron variant.

It is using newer variants, should see higher effectiveness 
but  is a bit too late in the game for Sg. 

More likely available in pvt clinics than govt vaccination stations.

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - Instinct - 27-12-2021

Over 90% already jabbed with P or M. Interest will pickup 6 mth later and by then pandemic over.

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - ArielCasper - 27-12-2021

Too late.. By the time it is cleared to use in Singapore, the market share is already gone..

Who in the right mind with 2 jabs for Pfizer/Moderna/Sinovac/Sinopharm would want to take Novavax subsequently?

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - Galilo_l - 27-12-2021

HSA reportedly need weeks to months for review 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/novavax-files-interim-authorisation-covid-19-vaccine-non-mrna-hsa-singapore-2337421

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - dynamite - 27-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 10:07 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Too late.. By the time it is cleared to use in Singapore, the market share is already gone..

Who in the right mind with 2 jabs for Pfizer/Moderna/Sinovac/Sinopharm would want to take Novavax subsequently?

I will take either sino or novavax as booster if Nova is available.

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - debono - 27-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 10:07 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Too late.. By the time it is cleared to use in Singapore, the market share is already gone..

Is the Novavax a tested vaccine, if not then we will be taking a chance on our lives..... crying

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - debono - 27-12-2021

Is the Novavax a tested vaccine, if not then we will be taking a chance on our lives..... crying

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - ArielCasper - 28-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 10:15 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I will take either sino or novavax as booster if Nova is available.

And your 1st 2 jab is?? And what make you decided not to continue with the same vaccine?

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - ODA TETSURO - 28-12-2021

Too late, many oredi go jab mRNA or Sino to keep jobs...

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - FangFang - 28-12-2021

Speed and result is important for this race.

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - dynamite - 28-12-2021

(28-12-2021, 01:31 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  And your 1st 2 jab is?? And what make you decided not to continue with the same vaccine?

I am OK as long as not mRNA.

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - debono - 28-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 09:04 PM)theold Wrote:  Novavax Covid Vaccine Provides Antibody Response Against Omicron

TOPLINE Maryland-based drugmaker Novavax said Wednesday its two-shot Covid-19 vaccine offers protection against the coronavirus’ omicron variant

A third dose of Novavax’s vaccine — administered to adults six months after their first two shots — bumped antibody levels against the omicron variant 73.5-fold and was more effective in stopping omicron from entering cells.

The 73.5-fold increase was higher than for Pfizer and Moderna booster shots, which increased antibody levels 25-fold and 37-fold, respectively.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimberleespeakman/2021/12/22/novavax-covid-vaccine-provides-antibody-response-against-omicron-data-suggests/?sh=79dc1a554c5e
Could it be a coincidence that it is suspected that the Covid-19 had emerged from Fort Detrick, Maryland, USA.....? Laughing Rotfl

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - alanis - 28-12-2021

I prefer Sinovac and Sinopharm!

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - ArielCasper - 28-12-2021

(28-12-2021, 09:35 AM)dynamite Wrote:  I am OK as long as not mRNA.
Well, you are not answering my questions on the 1st 2 jabs.. Since you sound like you are not ok with mRNA, I supposed your first 2 jabs are either Sinovac or Sinopharam...

So what make you decide to take Novavax as a booster instead of continuing with Sinovac or Sinopharam?

RE: Now no one talks about novavax? - dynamite - 28-12-2021

(28-12-2021, 01:11 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Well, you are not answering my questions on the 1st 2 jabs.. Since you sound like you are not ok with mRNA, I supposed your first 2 jabs are either Sinovac or Sinopharam...

So what make you decide to take Novavax as a booster instead of continuing with Sinovac or Sinopharam?

It could be higher in efficacy.