Now no one talks about novavax?

Seems like 5here are a few reports citing it is effective against omicron variant.

Novavax Covid Vaccine Provides Antibody Response Against Omicron

TOPLINE Maryland-based drugmaker Novavax said Wednesday its two-shot Covid-19 vaccine offers protection against the coronavirus’ omicron variant

A third dose of Novavax’s vaccine — administered to adults six months after their first two shots — bumped antibody levels against the omicron variant 73.5-fold and was more effective in stopping omicron from entering cells.

The 73.5-fold increase was higher than for Pfizer and Moderna booster shots, which increased antibody levels 25-fold and 37-fold, respectively.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimberleesp...dc1a554c5e

(27-12-2021, 08:44 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Seems like 5here are a few reports citing it is effective against omicron variant.

It is using newer variants, should see higher effectiveness 
but  is a bit too late in the game for Sg. 

More likely available in pvt clinics than govt vaccination stations.

Over 90% already jabbed with P or M. Interest will pickup 6 mth later and by then pandemic over.

Too late.. By the time it is cleared to use in Singapore, the market share is already gone..

Who in the right mind with 2 jabs for Pfizer/Moderna/Sinovac/Sinopharm would want to take Novavax subsequently?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

HSA reportedly need weeks to months for review 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...re-2337421

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(27-12-2021, 10:07 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Too late.. By the time it is cleared to use in Singapore, the market share is already gone..

Who in the right mind with 2 jabs for Pfizer/Moderna/Sinovac/Sinopharm would want to take Novavax subsequently?

I will take either sino or novavax as booster if Nova is available.

(27-12-2021, 10:07 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Too late.. By the time it is cleared to use in Singapore, the market share is already gone..

Is the Novavax a tested vaccine, if not then we will be taking a chance on our lives..... crying

Is the Novavax a tested vaccine, if not then we will be taking a chance on our lives..... crying

(27-12-2021, 10:15 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I will take either sino or novavax as booster if Nova is available.

And your 1st 2 jab is?? And what make you decided not to continue with the same vaccine?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

Too late, many oredi go jab mRNA or Sino to keep jobs...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Speed and result is important for this race.

(28-12-2021, 01:31 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  And your 1st 2 jab is?? And what make you decided not to continue with the same vaccine?

I am OK as long as not mRNA.

(27-12-2021, 09:04 PM)theold Wrote:  Novavax Covid Vaccine Provides Antibody Response Against Omicron

TOPLINE Maryland-based drugmaker Novavax said Wednesday its two-shot Covid-19 vaccine offers protection against the coronavirus’ omicron variant

A third dose of Novavax’s vaccine — administered to adults six months after their first two shots — bumped antibody levels against the omicron variant 73.5-fold and was more effective in stopping omicron from entering cells.

The 73.5-fold increase was higher than for Pfizer and Moderna booster shots, which increased antibody levels 25-fold and 37-fold, respectively.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimberleesp...dc1a554c5e
Could it be a coincidence that it is suspected that the Covid-19 had emerged from Fort Detrick, Maryland, USA.....? Laughing Rotfl

I prefer Sinovac and Sinopharm!

(28-12-2021, 09:35 AM)dynamite Wrote:  I am OK as long as not mRNA.
Well, you are not answering my questions on the 1st 2 jabs.. Since you sound like you are not ok with mRNA, I supposed your first 2 jabs are either Sinovac or Sinopharam...

So what make you decide to take Novavax as a booster instead of continuing with Sinovac or Sinopharam?

(28-12-2021, 01:11 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Well, you are not answering my questions on the 1st 2 jabs.. Since you sound like you are not ok with mRNA, I supposed your first 2 jabs are either Sinovac or Sinopharam...

So what make you decide to take Novavax as a booster instead of continuing with Sinovac or Sinopharam?

It could be higher in efficacy.