Best Telco plans - latest Maxx SG $7.9 199GB 9GB roaming

(12-04-2022, 06:31 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  TPG always give too much mobile data but too little SMS.................a deal-breaker for me.................

i heard people have problems with the One-time Password also...................

and TPG only work with newer phones, right ?

My suggestion is get a $5 or $10 sim to try before porting over.

I have no issues so far.  

I don't think I ever need the sms. Maybe every month send only 1 or 2.

It uses VoLTE for voice unless your phone is a 8yr old model should work. 

There shouldn't be any problem with OTP...I send 5 or 6 sms to the TPG number and it all came it.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(12-04-2022, 06:36 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  My suggestion is get a $5 or $10 sim to try before porting over.

I have no issues so far.  

I don't think I ever need the sms. Maybe every month send only 1 or 2.

It uses VoLTE for voice unless your phone is a 8yr old model should work. 

There shouldn't be any problem with OTP...I send 5 or 6 sms to the TPG number and it all came it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Not all volte phones can work with all networks. Of course this also means that a volte phone may not work with a singtel or m1 network as well. We shouldn't assume that we can just buy a phone and it automatically can work with any network.

(12-04-2022, 08:23 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I've said it before and I'll say it again. Not all volte phones can work with all networks. Of course this also means that a volte phone may not work with a singtel or m1 network as well. We shouldn't assume that we can just buy a phone and it automatically can work with any network.

TPG has a list of phones that work with their network

https://www.tpgmobile.sg/community/topic...d-devices/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(12-04-2022, 08:51 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  TPG has a list of phones that work with their network

https://www.tpgmobile.sg/community/topic...d-devices/

bro..............still with TPG or Simba ?

SMS got increase or still 30 only ?

problems receiving OTP ?

Nice titties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(01-07-2023, 09:09 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  bro..............still with TPG or Simba ?

SMS got increase or still 30 only ?

problems receiving OTP ?

1. Sms is still 30 ...my usage for sms is zero last few months. Nowadays still got people.send sms??!!

2. No problem with OTP....incoming sms is unlimited

(01-07-2023, 09:20 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Nice titties Big Grin
I think the S$5/- is the cheapest in today market.

(01-07-2023, 10:32 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  I think the S$5/- is the cheapest in today market.

Seniors pay $5 right?

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(01-07-2023, 10:56 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Seniors pay $5 right?

$5...think is right. This is the market rate. Think so. Tongue

I’m a happy user  Big Grin

[Image: IMG-7980.jpg]

(01-07-2023, 09:48 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  1. Sms is still 30 ...my usage for sms is zero last few months. Nowadays still got people.send sms??!!

no one use sms meh ?

not all use whatsapp mah................

(01-07-2023, 11:33 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  $5...think is right. This is the market rate. Think so. Tongue

but on 20GB, not 100GB

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(02-07-2023, 01:16 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  no one use sms meh ?

not all use whatsapp mah................

if you need.dont get this.plan

(01-07-2023, 09:48 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  1. Sms is still 30 ...my usage for sms is zero last few months. Nowadays still got people.send sms??!!

Still need to check occasionally. Tiagong Simba anyhow add on to your sms count huan.

(02-07-2023, 07:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  if you need.dont get this.plan

a lot of old farts like myself still using sms lah............at least give 100 sms lah...............30 so little............

i also hardly use mobile data................only for updating apps or receive boh liao photos and videos from other people...........

3G is shutting down next year so please make sure your phone can support VoLTE.

But then there's always the danger that even if your phone supports VoLTE it may still not be able to make VoLTE calls. All the more dangerous if you buy your phones from overseas.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ow-3655401

(27-07-2023, 01:45 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  3G is shutting down next year so please make sure your phone can support VoLTE.

But then there's always the danger that even if your phone supports VoLTE it may still not be able to make VoLTE calls. All the more dangerous if you buy your phones from overseas.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ow-3655401

4G alone not enough huh ?................must have VoLTE also ?

my phone has it..............but sometimes the logo replaced by ''4G'' logo leh.............

Already switched from my Whatsapp phone, 3G Galaxy S3 to 4G Xiaomi Mi Max no problem.

Confused

(27-07-2023, 09:18 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  4G alone not enough huh ?................must have VoLTE also ?

my phone has it..............but sometimes the logo replaced by ''4G'' logo leh.............

Some phones which have VoLTE capability may not be able to connect to the network.

There are some things you can do to check if your phone can indeed make VoLTE call:

Call the number *#*#4636#*#*. Go to Phone information, then select more. Look for IMS Service Status and make sure under "IMDA Regustration", your phone is registered.

The above info is only for Android phones.

(08-04-2022, 08:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  As I understand their coverage reach 100% already. I am testing for 1 full month.

Alott of negative impression is from their trial period when their coverage was not yet 100% and no reception underground. All that has changed already.

But I will still test before switch over as I get quite frustrated if my data goes down.

It's just $10...for one month and my phone is dual sim ...why not

why don't subscribe under your mom's name?

it is only $5 a month.

save $8.   can eat 2 caifan a month.

(27-07-2023, 09:18 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  4G alone not enough huh ?................must have VoLTE also ?

TPG only accept certain 4G phone for VoLTE.

if yours is compatible, you will see VoLTE icon on the top of the screen

(27-07-2023, 11:35 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Some phones which have VoLTE capability may not be able to connect to the network.

There are some things you can do to check if your phone can indeed make VoLTE call:

Call the number *#*#4636#*#*. Go to Phone information, then select more. Look for IMS Service Status and make sure under "IMDA Regustration", your phone is registered.

Actually nowadays people dun talk on phones, like that better, scammers cannot call, call already also cannot hear or talk...scamming failed... Rotfl

Confused

Sometimes calls can’t be received

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(27-07-2023, 11:40 AM)drgn Wrote:  TPG only accept certain 4G phone for VoLTE.

if yours is compatible, you will see VoLTE icon on the top of the screen

i won't be going for Simba / TPG ......................SMS too little liao.........

(27-07-2023, 11:35 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Some phones which have VoLTE capability may not be able to connect to the network.

aiyah..............heck care lah...............if cannot also too late liao............handphone for me not important lah............

(27-07-2023, 11:38 AM)drgn Wrote:  why don't subscribe under your mom's name?

it is only $5 a month.

save $8.   can eat 2 caifan a month.

but if register under mom's name.................must change phone number mah................

(27-07-2023, 05:27 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  i won't be going for Simba / TPG ......................SMS too little liao.........

are you still sending SMS?

receiving SMS is free and unlimited.

(27-07-2023, 02:03 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Sometimes calls can’t be received

if your phone don't support VoLTE, this may happen.

problem is with the phone's settings.  it killed the TPG app.

Now data is king.

(28-07-2023, 09:20 AM)drgn Wrote:  are you still sending SMS?

receiving SMS is free and unlimited.

yes, i still send out SMS...........i'm interested in the Redone $8/mth plan...............comes with 500min talk time and 500 SMS.............8GB data and then 512kbps unlimited after that...........

i don't use much data at all.................i also tried to use Whatsapp to make phone calls before...........very very jialat..........