Covid19 : Does Singapore govt knows what it is doing?

After the 5300+ cases came out there was a  headline in the media that said don't focus on case numbers but on number of deaths and serious cases  which is few. What is the govt controlled newspaper says...

[Image: fd7ETTV.jpg]

This is also the logic repeated by govt a few times.

But really what are they smoking here? The more people infected more will get serious cases and more will die. That is the profile of the disease.

It is not logical to expect the number of cases to increase yet serious cases to stay the same.

But lack of logic is not the main problem;

1. Scientists established that 10% of covid positive patients developed Long Covid. Is not fake news but date on Singapore patients. Long covid is believed to be Long term damage to body including loss of memory and chronic fatigue not being able to even get up from bed.

[Image: tQNMfP9.jpg]

2. If we have 5000 cases, hundreds of people will get chronic disease and number of deaths will also increase.

3. There is a large base of people to infect due to Singapore High living density and the peak of this wave will be very high....we are talking about numbers very large.   At the same time the benefits of vaccination is waning and need booster.

I don't know when the govt will U-turh before the disaster gets bigger.

But none of this is any surprise. When they decided to do "live with covid" we already know numbers for hospital ICU and deaths will shoot up.

All along people have been saying if you walk this path you either end in a mess and U-turn or continue going downhill until you hit disaster.why do it? When intended benefits will not materialise.

I see the govt of HK and TW having foresight to resist pressure from business to go this dead end route....so less of their people will die and get long term problems. 

I really feel the decision making is very faulty.  Just like early in the crisis they said "don't wear mask if healthy" because they don't have enough mask. 

This " live with covid"  strategy is totally misjudgement ...covid19 does not live well with you just because you want it.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I think govt must have weigh long covid and economy and decided that economy is more important. So we are pushing ahead to live with covid at all cost to prevent an economic collapse. You better get used to it and get out of your cave to get infected and immunize naturally and hopefully not hit by long covid. ..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Well, those who have been criticising "zero covid policy"...........  Undecided

There is no turning back. They have taken the stance to sacrifice some to save the economy.

The death rate is still relatively low compared to most other countries.

The question to ask is: what is their threshold of pain?

Economy is important but so are lives. The booster program should be accelerated, but somehow LHL would rather lend the shots to the Aussies who are not appreciative anyway.

Get out of your cave
Get infected
or you not updated
and will succumb

[Image: Screenshot-2021-10-28-at-20-04-43-Covid1...oing-2.png]
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

Singapore pride itself as paying top dollars to get the best talents to be ministers to run the country.

But after this round of COVID handling, do you still buy that??

Singapore govt now is like the inhouse IT dept that companies used to have... Keep smoking users to get easy way out.. If there is a AWS equivalent of MOH, I definitely get the business to migrate to AWS and sacked 80% of the inhouse IT team..

Cheaper faster and better.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(28-10-2021, 08:31 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Singapore pride itself as paying top dollars to get the best talents to be ministers to run the country.

But after this round of COVID handling, do you still buy that??

Singapore govt now is like the inhouse IT dept that companies used to have... Keep smoking users to get easy way out.. If there is a AWS equivalent of MOH, I definitely get the business to migrate to AWS and sacked 80% of the inhouse IT team..

Cheaper faster and better.

We may be paying top dollar for our ministers, but with this pandemic in our shores, it leaves much to be desired.....haiz.. crying

If handling Covid is one of the KPI for global ministers, Sg ministers will be around bottom in class. Now
if they got any conscience, they should cut their pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

(28-10-2021, 08:56 PM)Instinct Wrote:  If handling Covid is one of the KPI for global ministers, Sg ministers will be around bottom in class. Now

You can propose anything, but to cut their remuneration, is the last thing on their minds, even with the current situation they are not happy cos there are some private CEOs getting higher remunerations.... crying

(28-10-2021, 08:56 PM)Instinct Wrote:  If handling Covid is one of the KPI for global ministers, Sg ministers will be around bottom in class. Now
Clapping

Clapping Clapping

all 肥佬

(28-10-2021, 07:43 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think govt must have weigh long covid and economy and decided that economy is more important. So we are pushing ahead to live with covid at all cost to prevent an economic collapse. You better get used to it and get out of your cave to get infected and immunize naturally and hopefully not hit by long covid. ..... Rolleyes

You think we go this path infection spread...more cases, more deaths economy won't be be impacted?

Germany just warn citizens not to come because cases in Singapore is too high.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Now experts talking about ratio ..

Some COVID-19 measures may be eased if weekly infection growth rate drops below 1: Lawrence Wong

[Image: giphy-3.gif]

Do they have to know what they are doing? They just play with people's lives
and play tikam tikam

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!
[+] 1 user Likes Fit's post

(29-10-2021, 07:02 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You think we go this path infection spread...more cases, more deaths economy won't be be impacted?

Germany just warn citizens not to come because cases in Singapore is too high.

This path of community spreading is not about more infection, it should be total infection of population to attain natural herd immunity. Of course not all will feel sick because most people are asymptomatic but I think about 500K people will get sick and need self quarantine at home or hospitalize. Then allow about 1.8% of these 500K people who have fallen sick to die and another 10% of these 500K people to suffer Long Covid.  I think they must have their math all worked out and found that losing a small percentage of the peasants who will be mainly old folks in order to break out of this coronavirus encirclement so that normal economy activities can be resumed is better than digging into the trench and hold out with the virus encirclement indefinitely  which might take another few years or might never happen in a zero covid strategy. With this current strategy, PAP had calculated to be out of the wood by April 2022 latest.

As to your next question about foreigners from other countries coming here, they all had it all worked out too. Now they are just laying the ground works like making VTL deals with other countries, opening up borders, etc. Actually they dun expect many to come now; they are looking at April 2022 to see big surge of visitors and bussiness people when herd immunity is attained. Of course with fire crackers, pom pom cheer gals, lion dancers, etc when we open up big time in April. But hope you are still alive to enjoy the fruits of these few months of stressful works to exit covid........ Big Grin

Carl Jung

(29-10-2021, 08:19 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  This path of community spreading is not about more infection, it should be total infection of population to attain natural herd immunity. Of course not all will feel sick because most people are asymptomatic but I think about 500K people will get sick and need self quarantine at home or hospitalize. Then allow about 1.8% of these 500K people who have fallen sick to die and another 10% of these 500K people to suffer Long Covid.  I think they must have their math all worked out and found that losing a small percentage of the peasants who will be mainly old folks in order to break out of this coronavirus encirclement so that normal economy activities can be resumed is better than digging into the trench and hold out with the virus encirclement indefinitely  which might take another few years or might never happen in a zero covid strategy. With this current strategy, PAP had calculated to be out of the wood by April 2022 latest.

As to your next question about foreigners from other countries coming here, they all had it all worked out too. Now they are just lating the ground works like making VTL deals with other countries, opening up borders, etc. Actually they dun expect many to come now; they are looking at April 2022 to see big surge of visitors and bussiness people when herd immunity is attained. Of course with fire crackers, pom pom cheer gals, lion dancers, etc when we open up big time in April. But hope you are still alive to enjoy the fruits of these few months of stressful works to exit covid........ Big Grin

It is not confirmed by experts that come April 2022, we are out of the woods, and that Covid-19 will not be with us anymore.  But the date of April 2022 is just a arbitrary date, nothing is confirmed, nobody knows, only God knows... crying

(29-10-2021, 08:28 AM)debono Wrote:  It is not confirmed by experts that come April 2022, we are out of the woods, and that Covid-19 will not be with us anymore.  But the date of April 2022 is just a arbitrary date, nothing is confirmed, nobody knows, only God knows... crying

It was announced on our national TV that by December 2021 or April 2022 we should be out of the woods with herd immunity. I think our highly paid government must have done all the math with pandemic expert consultants to derive at those dates. ...... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

Of cos gov. knows what it is doing.
Remember Klaus schwab at the beginning of the plandemic.
He supposed to visit. It was postponed.
Now beri unlikely.
He himself under the Swiss octagon grp might not fair well.
[Image: Screenshot-2021-10-29-at-08-52-36-Klaus-...Search.png]

(29-10-2021, 08:45 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  It was announced on our national TV that by December 2021 or April 2022 we should be out of the woods with herd immunity. I think our highly paid government must have done all the math with pandemic expert consultants to derive at those dates. ...... Rolleyes

My take is that all pandemic experts cannot predict for certainty the exact date when the Covid-19 is not with us.  It is just a guestimate. We may have overcome the Covid-19 Alpha virus but there are still other viruses that we have not overcome, e.g. Delta, Delta plus, Black Fungus and MU variants..... crying

Many will die......2025

(29-10-2021, 08:57 AM)singlon Wrote:  Many will die......2025

How many do you envisage will die come 2025...? Thinking

(29-10-2021, 08:59 AM)debono Wrote:  How many do you envisage will die come 2025...? Thinking

By their own Singapore population will go down by 20%
-Military Industrial complex.

(29-10-2021, 09:03 AM)singlon Wrote:  By their own Singapore population will go down by 20%
-Military Industrial complex.

But we need a population of 6.9 million by 2030, or is it 10 million, so how, must we get our younger ones to procreate more babies to counter this short fall ...? Laughing

(29-10-2021, 08:53 AM)debono Wrote:  My take is that all pandemic experts cannot predict for certainty the exact date when the Covid-19 is not with us.  It is just a guestimate. We may have overcome the Covid-19 Alpha virus but there are still other viruses that we have not overcome, e.g. Delta, Delta plus, Black Fungus and MU variants..... crying

With this living with covid strategy I saw OKY wrote that he saw a faint light at the far end of the tunnel but flickering in the wind. I analysed this statement and I think this is the meaning.

He saw a light meaning this current strategy got hope and is better than the previous zero covid strategy which involved digging into the foxholes and see no light but total darkness only or no hope at all.

Then next is the faint light is flickering which means that it can be blown off anytime by wind and back to total darkness. Ok, that means living with covid failed and we are all fuxked...... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

(29-10-2021, 09:09 AM)debono Wrote:  But we need a population of 6.9 million by 2030, or is it 10 million, so how, must we get our younger ones to procreate more babies to counter this short fall ...? Laughing
Why post such craps when you already knew the answer? Obviously, this is the least worrying issue which can be solved instantly by importation through the CECA channel or directly from other countries ...... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

holy jink very gd in predicting the numbers, 1000, 3000 and 5000. and now so quiet, must be something good cuming

(29-10-2021, 09:09 AM)debono Wrote:  But we need a population of 6.9 million by 2030, or is it 10 million, so how, must we get our younger ones to procreate more babies to counter this short fall ...? Laughing

Our youngs now Monanyong sterile due to chongTU.
Spike proteins go everywhere.
Lumpar chees for the boys. The girls thr. the eggs in the fallopian tubes

(29-10-2021, 10:38 AM)singlon Wrote:  Our youngs now Monanyong sterile due to chongTU.
Spike proteins go everywhere.
Lumpar chees for the boys. The girls thr. the eggs in the fallopian tubes

What is chong Tu.....? Thinking