Bernie Sanders: Pay your workers better. Warren Buffett: That's not my job

New York (CNN Business)Warren Buffett, the ninth-richest person on the planet, says it's not up to him to settle a strike by 450 steelworkers at a company he owns.

Sen. Bernie Sanders wrote a letter to the Berkshire Hathaway CEO, requesting that he intervene in a United Steelworkers union strike at the Special Metals plant in Huntington, West Virginia. They've been on strike for three months. Special Metals is a unit of Precision Castparts, which is owned by Buffett's Berkshire.
"At a time when this company and Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA) are both doing very well, there is no reason why workers employed by you should be worrying about whether they will be able to feed their children or have health care," Sanders wrote. "There is no reason why the standard of living of these hard working Americans should decline. I know that you and Berkshire Hathaway can do better than that,"
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/31/busin...index.html?

Messages In This Thread
Bernie Sanders: Pay your workers better. Warren Buffett: That's not my job - by [[ForeverAlone]] - 02-01-2022, 12:08 AM
RE: Bernie Sanders: Pay your workers better. Warren Buffett: That's not my job - by sgbuffett - 02-01-2022, 06:18 AM