Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry”

(09-01-2022, 11:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think people should first cut down spending.
1. Why spend money every Yr to go overseas?
2. Why eat out when it is cheaper to eat in?
3. Why live in 4 room flat you are strained to buy when you can go for 3 room and 2 room?
4. I see many people using iPhone and Samsung flagship phones. Why not Xiaomi ? $120 instead of $1000.
5.i see neighbor's kids waste money taking bus just 2 to 3 bus stops. Why not take bicycle?
6. Do you need to go polyclinic every time you get sick? Just take panadol and rest can cure.
7. Do you really need mobile, home broad band and land line? Can you do with just mobile?
8. Do you take effort to make your things last longer? For example, I have been gluing outsole onto my slipper and used it for 5yrs. Think also pf the environment when we use and throw
9. Do you waste money on air con, heaters and lights? Did you make effort like switching to LED, using fan? Humans  can live without air con...we have done it for thousands of years.

Yes money can be tight but first thing we have to do as personal responsibility is to be thrifty. Lee Kuan Yew wore socks and under wear with holes and mend his clothes. Because we became more affluent we picked up wasteful bad habits.

We need to go back to basics. Good Times never last forever to bw happy we need only basic things and fill basic needs.

The way sgbuffett listed his criteria, confirmed he don't have kids..

I do agreed with some of the points, but I won't agreed with point 5 and 6..Take bicycle for 2-3 bus stops?? They posed as a risk to themselves, or to others..

Do you need to go polyclinic every time you get sick?? Yes, you might do it to yourself.. Will you do it to your kid (ie they are sick and you say take panadol and go and sleep)? No..

As for point 7, you might as well say go MRT station, library etc to enjoy free wifi and aircon.. No need to spend a single cent. Ensure all your friends are on LINE/Whatsapp so that they can contact you without you incurring mobile charges... In library, you can even charge your device there... Does it work, of course, do it make sense, up to individual.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

Messages In This Thread
Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by Bigiron - 09-01-2022, 11:11 AM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by Sharexchange - 09-01-2022, 11:12 AM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by sgbuffett - 09-01-2022, 11:27 AM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by Blasterlord2 - 09-01-2022, 11:35 AM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by sgbuffett - 09-01-2022, 11:41 AM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by ArielCasper - 09-01-2022, 11:41 AM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by sgbuffett - 09-01-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by ArielCasper - 09-01-2022, 11:59 AM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by Sticw - 09-01-2022, 12:00 PM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by debono - 09-01-2022, 02:06 PM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by abc123 - 09-01-2022, 12:27 PM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by sgbuffett - 09-01-2022, 12:30 PM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by abc123 - 09-01-2022, 01:24 PM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by sgbuffett - 09-01-2022, 01:43 PM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by Bigiron - 09-01-2022, 11:33 AM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by WhatDoYouThink? - 09-01-2022, 11:54 AM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by sgbuffett - 09-01-2022, 12:03 PM
RE: Anchorvale family tells Jamus Lim “finances are an ever-present worry” - by Bigiron - 09-01-2022, 12:03 PM