Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP

(06-11-2022, 06:59 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I wonder why the minister highlighted this I hope to bring another perspective based on my own personal experience handling people. 

Those who work in service positions and meet walk in customers will know it is not uncommon to meet people who are mentally ill and have no control about what they say. Some will threaten you because they completely lose their temper when their request is denied. Those servicing general public are well aware of this. Sometimes we look at the person threatening as victim of mental illness or sick.

By highlighting this the minister make me feel that they live in a cacoon and interaction is pleasant and civil! This is not what happens in the real world. The resident himself could be unwell mentally and unable to control his behavior. A normal person will not threaten an MP in public like that. So to characterise the resident as bully ..the way he did may not be accurate. He should have some empathy for a person suffering mental conditions and not simply push blame and jump into conclusions.

A few months ago our president said we should be !ore understanding in the way we deal with those who are mentally ill. Unfortunately when the minister and MP encounter a person who is potentially mentally ill and unable to moderate his behavior , they characterise him as a bully. This for me is disappointing. Service staff often have to handle these situations with empathy and do not pass judgement on such people.

Worse still Shammuggan used his social media and that causes shame to the person..and invites others who are ignorant to attack the person. As a leader p, Shammuggan is a let down. He shows a lack of empathy and deeper understanding 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...particular

he is always right lah
we are SO LUCKY to have something of a god on earth  - well the 60 % think so anyway

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

Messages In This Thread
Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by Bigiron - 06-11-2022, 06:28 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by Sharexchange - 06-11-2022, 06:39 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by singlon - 06-11-2022, 06:46 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by sgbuffett - 06-11-2022, 06:59 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by Scythian - 06-11-2022, 08:30 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by wendychan - 06-11-2022, 10:46 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by Sentinel - 06-11-2022, 07:14 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by Scythian - 06-11-2022, 08:25 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by wendychan - 06-11-2022, 10:40 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by Gemstar - 06-11-2022, 12:05 PM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by Gstalk - 06-11-2022, 08:47 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by Gemstar - 06-11-2022, 09:58 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by Ola - 06-11-2022, 12:32 PM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by Cmpunk - 06-11-2022, 10:04 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by surfer - 06-11-2022, 10:38 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by Bigbluedot - 06-11-2022, 10:54 AM
RE: Minister K Shanmugam called out the Yishun resident who publicly threatened an MP - by starbugs - 06-11-2022, 11:42 AM