IMF : China faces 'fork on the road' needs reforms to progress

China has two choices right now: return to its old economic policies, or choose reforms to spur growth, according to the International Monetary Fund’s Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva.
“China is poised to face a fork in the road — rely on the policies that have worked in the past, or update its policies for a new era of high-quality growth,” Georgieva said Sunday at the China Development Forum in Beijing.

“With a comprehensive package of pro-market reforms, China could grow considerably faster than a status quo scenario,” she said, according to prepared remarks by the IMF.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/25/china-fa...forum.html

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Messages In This Thread
IMF : China faces 'fork on the road' needs reforms to progress - by sgbuffett - 25-03-2024, 09:17 PM
RE: IMF : China faces 'fork on the road' needs reforms to progress - by cityhantam - 25-03-2024, 09:30 PM
RE: IMF : China faces 'fork on the road' needs reforms to progress - by Omnipresent88 - 01-05-2024, 02:05 PM
RE: IMF : China faces 'fork on the road' needs reforms to progress - by Purikura - 30-05-2024, 11:06 AM
RE: IMF : China faces 'fork on the road' needs reforms to progress - by Omnipresent88 - 30-05-2024, 11:11 AM