I will never send my kid to a neighbourhood school

(28-11-2021, 08:05 AM)RichDad Wrote:  That's the hard truth, bro

It is not that the neighbourhood schools are bad. It is the students with troublesome background there. Peer influence is also important. 

Luckily we managed to get our 2 kids into a top primary school. 6 years there definitely made a huge difference.

For secondary school, no choice, depends on their results. Parents can't do much.

Agree. Like attracts like.  Sometimes if you are from feeder primary schools you can still get in, albeit in the lousier classes.  A couple of my primary and secondary skoolmates are now senile (oops I mean senior) officers in the military and prison institutions.  Many also are medical doctors, dentists, surgeons, ophthalmologists and lawyers, CFOs, CEOs, COOs etc. Those doctors can tell you stories of the other 2 clown doctors who were “abusing” their female patients. One is now in the very senior ranks of the Pokka Mgt. He can tell you stories of Vivian and hubby. One was having a high flying C post displaced by a chenghu parachuter.  

Moral of story?  Go to a good skool.  It gives you a head start in life.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post