‘I’m Singaporean, not Chinese’: TikTok video sparks debate over shunning of ‘roots’

(10-05-2024, 06:48 PM)Oyk Wrote:  8 billion peepur, if you say to them you are Chinese, they will think you are a citizen of China.

We used it WRONGLY to refer to our race. Our race is actually Han 

Singapore Chinese, Malaysia Chinese.... that's nonsense.

Han country Korea.
Han korean vs Han Chinese..🤣

(10-05-2024, 07:14 PM)moonrab Wrote:  

Han country Korea.
Han korean vs Han Chinese..🤣

92% of the Chinese (citizens of China) are Hans. The remaining 8% of the Chinese are Manchus, Huis, Uighurs, Mongols, Tibetans etc. They are Chinese because they are also citizens of China even though they are not Hans.

We may be Hans but we are not Chinese. We are Singaporeans. Yes we do speak the Han language which is Mandarin. When I write zhongguo, I am writing hanyu pinyin. If I write 中国, I am writing Han characters.

We might say Chinese as a race or ethnic group.   

In China, they have 56 races or ethnic groups such as Han (汉), Man (满), Meng (蒙), Hui (回), Zang (藏), Uighur (姜), Miao (苗), etc etc.    

They all call themselves as Chinese (中国人).  

Why some jokers insist they're hans but without any proof? Could aso be mongrel....

(10-05-2024, 06:31 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Chinese is a nationality not a race. Our race is actually Han.

Then how do you interpret your NRIC putting you as "Chinese"?    

Is it race or nationality?   

(10-05-2024, 04:43 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I am Singaporean Chinese.  Why would I want to be associated with tiongs? Laughing

You like it or don’t like it. 
Your root is always from China lah.

(10-05-2024, 07:49 PM)Oyk Wrote:  92% of the Chinese (citizens of China) are Hans. The remaining 8% of the Chinese are Manchus, Huis, Uighurs, Mongols, Tibetans etc. They are Chinese because they are also citizens of China even though they are not Hans.

We may be Hans but we are not Chinese. We are Singaporeans. Yes we do speak the Han language which is Mandarin. When I write zhongguo, I am writing hanyu pinyin. If I write 中国, I am writing Han characters.

u are Hanjian Rolleyes

(10-05-2024, 04:41 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  我是新加坡华人 不是中国人。中国很伟大 我也骄傲

别把自己的格局,弄得这么渺小。
我只会说,我是华人。中国强大,华人的抬头天不远了。不会在崇洋媚外。

(10-05-2024, 08:56 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You like it or don’t like it. 
Your root is always from China lah.

My ancestral forefathers come from china.  No doubt about that.  Just like the ancestors of the local indians here come from india.

But my motherland is undisputedly Singapore and not china.  Cannot tahan those tiongs like the one in the beedio that insist we all belong to china just because we are chinese Big Grin

The Chinese citizen called the Singaporean "compatriot "....

The Singaporean is perfectly right to reject this.

(10-05-2024, 06:30 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I am Han and Singaporean not Chinese.

You Indian ah?

(10-05-2024, 06:45 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Laughing

Some Indonesian Chinese call themselves hua chiao I think Thinking

"hua chiao" or 华侨 means "oversea Chinese" also interpreted as Chinese with roots from China.    

I knew many Indonesian Chinese actually ran back to China during anti-Chinese riots and violence during Sukarno and Suharto times. China set up a piece of land on Hainan Island to let them built their homes.  

China has been benevolent to the oversea Chinese. Also during time of disaster in foreign land, China sent their relief planes to pick up their citizens, they also help people of Chinese origin to include in their planes.   

If you happened to be in such disaster in foreign countries, would you take a ride in their planes?   

(10-05-2024, 09:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The Chinese citizen called the Singaporean "compatriot "....

They don't speak English even if they can, so could you kindly use the exact Chinese word they say?  Better still, write the Chinese characters...because I don't know what you mean by "compatriot".

Whatever it is, they know we have Malay Singaporeans and Indian Singaporeans here, so they would not call Singaporeans as you wrote "compatriots" whatever that might be.

Or is it that when you wrote your post, you had in mind Singaporeans as having names like Tan Ah Kow, Lim Ah Lian, Nicole Seah and didn't regard Ali Imran or Leo Pereira to be Singaporeans?

Chinese means Chinese, nothing can change that

In the Ukraine biolabs, they are developing a virus that only infect Chinese because of its ability to disrupt certain genes in the Chinese DNA

The Russians put a stop to it, thank you Putin

If this virus is released into the air, only Chinese will drop dead

You can go on denying your Chineseness, but when you drop dead like the next Chinese, it will be too late for you for pretending to be a Middle East Christian or Indian Hindu or Israeli HebrewJew, when they laugh at you for your abject stewpigity

(10-05-2024, 09:25 PM)webinarian Wrote:             
"hua chiao" or 华侨 means "oversea Chinese" also interpreted as Chinese with roots from China.    

I knew many Indonesian Chinese actually ran back to China during anti-Chinese riots and violence during Sukarno and Suharto times. China set up a piece of land on Hainan Island to let them built their homes.  

China has been benevolent to the oversea Chinese. Also during time of disaster in foreign land, China sent their relief planes to pick up their citizens, they also help people of Chinese origin to include in their planes.   

If you happened to be in such disaster in foreign countries, would you take a ride in their planes?   

Shame on you.  You can't even write the PRC hanyu pinyin and wrote Taiwanese pinyin instead. It's huaqiao and not hua simi ranjiao chiao!

(10-05-2024, 08:58 PM)Niubee Wrote:  u are Hanjian Rolleyes

I am a Hanjian because you say so? How about your mother?  She ran away with a CECA wor!   Rolleyes

(10-05-2024, 08:31 PM)webinarian Wrote:          
Then how do you interpret your NRIC putting you as "Chinese"?    

Is it race or nationality?   

The Old Guards screwed this one up.  If you cannot even join the queue for the Chinese at a Chinese airport, and have to stand behind maybe a Japanese and in front of an American, you should know what you are NOT.

So don't come and tell 1.5 billion Chinese that you are "Chinese" because Singapore says so.  If you are NOT recognised by the Chinese government to be Chinese, then stfu and don't run around the airport screaming I am Chinese!  I am Chinese!!!

Alamak so old liao still cant tell the difference between 华人 and 中国人

Stewpig right?

If I am stuck in a foreign country, I would take a ride on an RSAF plane or SIA.  Have faith in your own country Big Grin

Whether you r Singaporean or other countries chinese,your root is come from Chinese.😅😅😅

Why they hate their roots so much? Because their roots very rotten?

Yalor, whether you are Chinese, Han, Singapore or Tiong Kok Lang; you will be rooted with a pair of rice eyes and yellow skin wherever you claim your roots.    Big Grin

(10-05-2024, 09:40 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The Old Guards screwed this one up.  If you cannot even join the queue for the Chinese at a Chinese airport, and have to stand behind maybe a Japanese and in front of an American, you should know what you are NOT.

So don't come and tell 1.5 billion Chinese that you are "Chinese" because Singapore says so.  If you are NOT recognised by the Chinese government to be Chinese, then stfu and don't run around the airport screaming I am Chinese!  I am Chinese!!!
Shut up CECA.

Pundeks like you need your butt kicked every day.

DNA corrupted with foreign plasmid contamination from mRNA shots... Tongue

5000 years also cannot be pure race le LOLOLOLOLOL... Tongue

maybe can be a race of "useful idiots" ish befitting LOLOLOLOLOL... Tongue

(10-05-2024, 04:43 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I am Singaporean Chinese.  Why would I want to be associated with tiongs? Laughing

Me too lah! Big Grin Singapore Chinese is not China Chinese lah! Malaysia Chinese also not China Chinese lah!

When we were touring Hainan, we came across a place that looked like a thai village. Tour guide told us those people were second, third generation thai Chinese that no longer have any connection with their hometown in China.  During the racial conflict, if not for the Chinese government to take them back, those people could have been killed.  The Chinese government gave them a piece of land in Hainan to develop. That was why those houses and temples there looked exactly like those in Thailand.

(10-05-2024, 09:33 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Shame on you.  You can't even write the PRC hanyu pinyin and wrote Taiwanese pinyin instead. It's huaqiao and not hua simi ranjiao chiao!

I answered someone who wrote about "hua chiao".  

If you are blind, don't get involved.  

What so ashamed when he wrote "hua chiao"? You f off from our conversation, ok!   

[Image: Huaqiao.png]
[+] 1 user Likes webinarian's post

(10-05-2024, 06:31 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Chinese is a nationality not a race. Our race is actually Han.

Based on what you said, your NRIC showed you as "Chinese", you are PRC nationality.   

Shame on you.   

[Image: Oyk.png]
[+] 2 users Like webinarian's post

Cool down guys.  Have a good day ahead  Smile

(10-05-2024, 09:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The Chinese citizen called the Singaporean "compatriot "....

Compatriots to them is just friends or just being friendly. Why people must reject?  

Just like a Malay or Indian address you bro, would you reject him? 

Very stupid suggestion. 

[+] 1 user Likes webinarian's post