“Lehman Event” Looms For Europe As Energy Companies Face US$1.5T In Margin Calls

By Josh Owens - Sep 06, 2022, 10:00 AM CDT

• Europe is facing a potential “Lehman Brothers” event as energy companies face $1.5 trillion in margin calls.
  • Some countries in the EU have already decided to set up funds to avoid a collapse of their energy derivatives markets.
  • The crisis deepened after Russia said on Friday that the Nord Stream gas pipeline to Germany would remain closed indefinitely.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gener...Calls.html

All the chiak liao bee leaders of Europe!

China will made trillion$ selling Russian gas to them. Chinese people not so stupid as angmo....except those Chinese who suck angmo coks here.

Yes there is economic pain....but if they give in to Russia ...they will have endless nightmares.

Best is to survive this winter and use the time until next winter to be completely independent of Russia.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(10-09-2022, 07:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes there is economic pain....but if they give in to Russia ...they will have endless nightmares.

Best is to survive this winter and use the time until next winter to be completely independent of Russia.

In this world, countries depend on each other to prosper!

No country can  survive well without good relationship with other countries, especially with a huge and powerful countries like Russia and China.

(10-09-2022, 07:18 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  In this world, countries depend on each other to prosper!

No country can  survive well without good relationship with other countries, especially with a huge and powerful countries like Russia and China.

Can Europe rely on Russia? Why is Russia not honoring  the contracts it signed?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(10-09-2022, 07:36 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Can Europe rely on Russia? Why is Russia not honoring  the contracts it signed?

Are USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, European countries honouring ALL the agreements?

They are trying to kill Russia by using all sorts of sanctions, freezing and confiscating Russian assets etc. Do you know that?

Do you knw that they don't even allow Russian FM to go to NY to attend UNSC meeting?

One kWh of electricity has hit a record high of Euro 5 (S$7) in Finland!
Wonder who are parties that are profiting from such high energy prices.

https://www.rt.com/business/562417-power...skyrocket/
Quote:Electricity prices in Finland have reached record highs, according to the country’s power grid company Fingrid.

“The price of adjustment electricity is currently exceptionally high at approximately €5,000 per megawatt-hour,” Fingrid said in a statement on Thursday, noting that it has asked providers for more short-term power.

They must have over-hedged against oil and gas.  It happened before to SIA affecting stock prices as the profits eroded.  The European power producers are presently short of cash.  If the Governments can loan them money to tie over the difficulties,  should be able to ride through the storms. 

As these are business hedges, unlike stocks that brokers can dump their shares at dirt cheap prices,  the crisis should soon be over once the energy price went back up or power is delivered and the hedges are unwound.

https://dragoninkhouse.com/europes-power...gin-calls/

(10-09-2022, 07:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes there is economic pain....but if they give in to Russia ...they will have endless nightmares.

Why endless nightmares for Europe if they give in to Russia?  

EU started the sanctions and Russia is merely asking for removal of sanctions. Is it not fair and square?  

What endless nightmares?  

You mean you only make one sided nightmares from Europe and Russia can't make nightmares for EU?  

It is like stock price has cut thru yr stop losses and keep praying for God to help u when there is NONE.

Yr mindset is the typical Western mindset and ideology. Keep going...!!! Big Grin

Smile