MAN WITH A MASTERS DEGREE WENT TO DRIVE GRAB CAUSE CANNOT FIND JOB

MAN WITH A MASTERS DEGREE WENT TO DRIVE GRAB CAUSE CANNOT FIND JOB

https://_bannedsite_full_of_defamatory_c...d_id=93370

[Image: nudie.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes bobby's post

Never say degree from where and what discipline.

Nowadays can buy a degree or a Master degree very easily

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 1 user Likes klat's post

looks like a sob story to gather eye balls
[+] 1 user Likes keys's post

(23-02-2023, 02:42 PM)keys Wrote:  looks like a sob story to gather eye balls

And adverts.  You see how the article is peppered with ads? I suspect these so called stories are fake, made up just to attract eyeballs to their ads from their advertisers.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(23-02-2023, 02:28 PM)klat Wrote:  Never say degree from where and what discipline.

Nowadays can buy a degree or a Master degree very easily

When I was travelling in Taiwan, I realised my driver was a PhD holder who came back from the U.S….and this is very common in Taiwan, average Taiwanese all have master degrees (some from the U.S. and Britain, others from local universities in Taiwan), we may think their education standard is lower than us but most Sporeans only have a basic degree, we are way below them, and our employers only hire basic degree holders as there is no need to hire someone who has master degree or PhD and pay him/her higher….that is why many who have higher degrees from overseas are unable to find jobs and end up drive Grab.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

(23-02-2023, 03:00 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  When I was travelling in Taiwan, I realised my driver was a PhD holder who came back from the U.S….and this is very common in Taiwan, average Taiwanese all have master degrees (some from the U.S. and Britain, others from local universities in Taiwan), we may think their education standard is lower than us but most Sporeans only have a basic degree, we are way below them, and our employers only hire basic degree holders as there is no need to hire someone who has master degree or PhD and pay him/her higher….that is why many who have higher degrees from overseas are unable to find jobs and end up drive Grab.

Phd in what field of study ?
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(23-02-2023, 03:00 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  When I was travelling in Taiwan, I realised my driver was a PhD holder who came back from the U.S….and this is very common in Taiwan, average Taiwanese all have master degrees (some from the U.S. and Britain, others from local universities in Taiwan), we may think their education standard is lower than us but most Sporeans only have a basic degree, we are way below them, and our employers only hire basic degree holders as there is no need to hire someone who has master degree or PhD and pay him/her higher….that is why many who have higher degrees from overseas are unable to find jobs and end up drive Grab.

It's such a sad phenomenon, to see Masters' degree driving Grab...............which is meant to those without tertiary education................ crying
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(23-02-2023, 02:21 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  MAN WITH A MASTERS DEGREE WENT TO DRIVE GRAB CAUSE CANNOT FIND JOB

https://_bannedsite_full_of_defamatory_c...d_id=93370

He cannot compete with CECA from India.
They have work experience in India and cheaper.

Could be a grab advert

(23-02-2023, 03:06 PM)forum456 Wrote:  He cannot compete with CECA from India.
They have work experience in India and cheaper.

There are hundreds of universities in India, most of them are in low standard, the problem is why we recognise their low standard degrees, which puts our degree holders from local universities in danger. Indian degrees should not be accepted in Spore, they have to complete another degree in our university to qualify for a job offer.
[+] 4 users Like lvlrsSTI's post

(23-02-2023, 03:31 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  There are hundreds of universities in India, most of them are in low standard, the problem is why we recognise their low standard degrees, which puts our degree holders from local universities in danger. Indian degrees should not be accepted in Spore, they have to complete another degree in our university to qualify for a job offer.

I support your suggestion that those who had graduated from Indian universities go forward to take another degree from our recognized universities, to ensure standards are upheld......................... Big Grin Clapping
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(23-02-2023, 03:31 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  There are hundreds of universities in India, most of them are in low standard, the problem is why we recognise their low standard degrees, which put our degree holders from local universities in danger.

IT work experience is more important than the standard of degree.
for example, out of 100 applicants, a local employer can easily find 90 CECA with 5 years and above experience in latest technologies.
if local and CECA are of same number of years of experience, CECA are cheaper.
also CECA like to work overtime.

can 10 local applicants compete with 90 CECA ?

(23-02-2023, 03:37 PM)forum456 Wrote:  IT work experience is more important than the standard of degree.
for example, out of 100 applicants, a local employers can easily find 90 CECA with 5 years and above experience in latest technologies.

Our gov. must see that our uni.grads. are not made disadvantage by the CECAs........................... Big Grin

(23-02-2023, 03:39 PM)debono Wrote:  Our gov. must see that our uni.grads. are not made disadvantage by the CECAs........................... Big Grin

current govt cannot do it. this problem has been there for more than 20 years
we need a new govt.

(23-02-2023, 03:37 PM)forum456 Wrote:  IT work experience is more important than the standard of degree.
for example, out of 100 applicants, a local employer can easily find 90 CECA with 5 years and above experience in latest technologies.

Believe or not? Many Ceca have no work experience but they got the job offer? They made up their past work experience and talk well during interviews…after they start work, they ask their friends for help for the work they had no experience at all….then they learn from the job, gain experience snd hop to next job.

(23-02-2023, 03:42 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Believe or not? Many Ceca have no work experience but they got the job offer? They made up their past work experience and talk well during interviews…after they start work, they ask their friends for help at the work they had no experience at all….then they learn from the job, hop to next job.

not true. maybe it happened in SME.
if they apply for MNCs, they cannot bluff through interview because they need to take technical tests.

most of them have worked in India IT companies like Tata, Infosys, Wipro and HCL as tech leads.
their work experiences are impressive.

(23-02-2023, 03:42 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Believe or not? Many Ceca have no work experience but they got the job offer? They made up their past work experience and talk well during interviews…after they start work, they ask their friends for help for the work they had no experience at all….then they learn from the job, gain experience snd hop to next job.

i worked in MNCs before and interviewed CECA.
local applicants cannot compete with CECA who worked in India top IT companies.
90% of the interviews, my boss picked CECA because of their impressive work experiences which cannot be found in Singapore.
of course, they passed our technical tests better than local applicants

(23-02-2023, 03:51 PM)forum456 Wrote:  i worked in MNCs before and interviewed CECA.
90% of the interviews, my boss picked CECA because of their impressive work experiences which cannot be found in Singapore.

yes 

like keppel corruption which US DOJ finds out

local cannot find keppel corruption and cannot see keppel corruption 

that is your dumb and impressive work on local singapore screening

(23-02-2023, 03:06 PM)debono Wrote:  It's such a sad phenomenon, to see Masters' degree driving Grab...............which is meant to those without tertiary education................ crying

My both eyes also got high degrees leh! Big Grin

Assuming this story is true, it's not the guy's fault.

It just shows how broken our economic job model is when gig jobs pay better than professional jobs that could better use the talent and knowledge of someone who has a Masters.
[+] 1 user Likes Basic_Strategy's post

(23-02-2023, 04:29 PM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  Assuming this story is true, it's not the guy's fault.

It just shows how broken our economic job model is when gig jobs pay better than professional jobs that could better use the talent and knowledge of someone who has a Masters.
Sia suay hard promoting it say gig economic.....

Sometimes no ren yen that is why cannot find a good job

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(23-02-2023, 03:47 PM)forum456 Wrote:  not true. maybe it happened in SME.
if they apply for MNCs, they cannot bluff through interview because they need to take technical tests.

most of them have worked in India IT companies like Tata, Infosys, Wipro and HCL as tech leads.
their work experiences are impressive.

There is a catch, the hiring manager is from the same village and speaks the same language, the HR director is also from there.

(23-02-2023, 03:51 PM)forum456 Wrote:  i worked in MNCs before and interviewed CECA.

Not saying all of them are fake, there are definitely good ones with Guinea qualification’s and work experience but many of them made up their work experience, they bought degree from degree mills, their references are also fake. MOM said employers are responsible for verifying their qualifications and work experience, however many of them (some of them are at director positions) are holding fake degrees, dunt believe? you do a search in LinkedIn, you can dig out a big list of people who graduated from degree mills in India and other countries.