16 SEPT: 910 new Covid-19 cases in S'pore, unvaccinated woman, 72, dies

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/9...woman-dies

There were 803 new cases in the community and four imported ones, as well as 103 cases among dormitory residents, the Health Ministry reported on Thursday night (Sept 16).

This makes a total of 910 new Covid-19 cases, the highest daily number since May 1, 2020.

Of the local cases today, 244 are seniors above 60 years old, the Health Ministry reported.

An unvaccinated 72 year-old woman has died from complications due to Covid-19 infection, bringing Singapore's Covid-19 death toll to 59.

The woman, who died on Thursday, had developed symptoms on Sept 4, and tested positive for Covid-19 infection on Sept 6.

She had a history of atypical chest pain, Graves' disease, hypertension and dyslipidaemia.

The total number of infections in Singapore now stands at 74,848.

The clusters in nursing homes continue to grow.

Orange Valley Nursing Home in Simei now has a total of 14 infections after one case was added to the cluster.

Ren Ci nursing home also saw two new cases, with the cluster now at 34.

Another 17 cases were added to the Chinatown Complex cluster, bringing the total there to 242 cases. The complex has been closed to the public since Sunday (Sept 12).

There are currently 837 Covid-19 patients in the hospital, up from 822 the day before.

There were also 77 cases in need of oxygen supplementation and 12 in critical condition in the intensive care unit. Of those who have fallen very ill, 69 are seniors above 60 years.

The clusters linked to staff at three bus interchanges in Toa Payoh, Tampines and Punggol saw 14 new cases. The total number of cases at these interchanges is 413.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/d...-sep-2021)

Summary of local situation

· 837 cases are currently warded in hospital. There are currently 77 cases of serious illness requiring oxygen supplementation, and 12 in critical condition in the intensive care unit (ICU).

· Over the last 28 days, of the 8,346 infected individuals, 98.2% have no or mild symptoms, 1.6% requires oxygen supplementation, 0.1% requires ICU care, and 0.0% died.

· As of 15 September 2021, 82% of our population has completed their full regimen/ received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines, and 84% has received at least one dose.

· As of 16 September 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health has detected a total of 910 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore, with 803 in the community, 103 in the migrant worker dormitories and 4 imported cases.

As of 16 September 2021, 12pm, 837 COVID-19 cases are currently warded in hospital. Most are well and under observation. There are currently 77 cases of serious illness requiring oxygen supplementation, and 12 in critical condition in the ICU. Of those who have fallen very ill, 69 are seniors above 60 years. 

2.  Case 71549, a 72 year-old female Singaporean, has passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection on 16 September 2021. She had developed symptoms on 4 September, and tested positive for COVID-19 infection on 6 September. She had not been vaccinated against COVID-19, and had a history of atypical chest pain, Graves’ disease, hypertension and dyslipidaemia. In total, 59 have passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection.

As of 16 September 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health has detected a total of 910 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore, comprising 803 community cases, 103 dormitory residents cases and 4 imported cases.

Not yet reach gov recent target. Which is about 1000 to 2000.

(17-09-2021, 07:26 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Not yet reach gov recent target. Which is about 1000 to 2000.

Becos once reach 2000 then we can tell if hospital can cope or not. If can cope then gov will let it be. We are half way.

Average age to die from covid in sg is still at 75, young people mian kia...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(17-09-2021, 08:34 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Average age to die from covid in sg is still at 75, young people mian kia...

can expect young people to die once the vaccine protection diminishes.

should happen after march 2022.

(17-09-2021, 07:27 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Becos once reach 2000 then we can tell if hospital can cope or not. If can cope then gov will let it be. We are half way.

the exciting show about being in endemic is that we can see more deaths than before !

we can also see hospitals in distress when ICU system is stressed.

[Image: covid.gif]

tracemyip duplicate remover
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(17-09-2021, 07:27 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Becos once reach 2000 then we can tell if hospital can cope or not. If can cope then gov will let it be. We are half way.

base on the daily increase in cases and beds needed. its a brainless math. Just hope that there are still beds left for late comers. Sad

(17-09-2021, 12:42 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/d...-sep-2021)

Summary of local situation

· 837 cases are currently warded in hospital. There are currently 77 cases of serious illness requiring oxygen supplementation, and 12 in critical condition in the intensive care unit (ICU).

· Over the last 28 days, of the 8,346 infected individuals, 98.2% have no or mild symptoms, 1.6% requires oxygen supplementation, 0.1% requires ICU care, and 0.0% died.

· As of 15 September 2021, 82% of our population has completed their full regimen/ received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines, and 84% has received at least one dose.

· As of 16 September 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health has detected a total of 910 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore, with 803 in the community, 103 in the migrant worker dormitories and 4 imported cases.

As of 16 September 2021, 12pm, 837 COVID-19 cases are currently warded in hospital. Most are well and under observation. There are currently 77 cases of serious illness requiring oxygen supplementation, and 12 in critical condition in the ICU. Of those who have fallen very ill, 69 are seniors above 60 years. 

2.  Case 71549, a 72 year-old female Singaporean, has passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection on 16 September 2021. She had developed symptoms on 4 September, and tested positive for COVID-19 infection on 6 September. She had not been vaccinated against COVID-19, and had a history of atypical chest pain, Graves’ disease, hypertension and dyslipidaemia. In total, 59 have passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection.

As of 16 September 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health has detected a total of 910 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore, comprising 803 community cases, 103 dormitory residents cases and 4 imported cases.

Do you guys noticed? They stopped saying of the x new cases, how many are unvaccinated and above 60 years old..

Maybe because the number of new cases who are vaccinated is more than unvaccinated, or all new cases are vaccinated.. So have to keep quiet..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(17-09-2021, 11:03 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Do you guys noticed? They stopped saying of the x new cases, how many are unvaccinated and above 60 years old..

Maybe because the number of new cases who are vaccinated is more than unvaccinated, or all new cases are vaccinated.. So have to keep quiet..

I also think so.

(17-09-2021, 11:03 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Do you guys noticed? They stopped saying of the x new cases, how many are unvaccinated and above 60 years old..

very soon, the vaccinated will also die due to covid.
it is happening in other countries.

(17-09-2021, 09:34 AM)forum456 Wrote:  [Image: covid.gif]

Why you kope my gif? Laughing

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

I see again
" 77 cases of serious illness requiring oxygen supplementation, and 12 in critical condition in the ICU. "

According from MOM now SG have the Highest vaccinated rate same for Israel , etc

77 cases of serious illness vs 12 in ICU

MOH will tell u those 12 most are un vaccinated for sure.

(17-09-2021, 08:34 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Average age to die from covid in sg is still at 75, young people mian kia...

And almost all are non-jabbed.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(17-09-2021, 09:34 AM)forum456 Wrote:  [Image: covid.gif]

Go jab is to protect for as long as it can. Again illiterate people, worry about the future when they dun wanna secure the present. Today may die, worry about future danger .... KUM GONG

Most gov in the world gov seem to target 80% vaccinated before opening because they are ok to let 20% to die. Still many people running around. Best to let some die but many will live.

(17-09-2021, 11:49 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Most gov in the world gov seem to target 80% vaccinated before opening because they are ok to let 20% to die. Still many people running around. Best to let some die but many will live.

Actually is troublesome too for vaccinated ones so call travel pass.

Some countries claim no need quarantine when you reach there for travel some claim need one week quarantine.
Once after quarantine happy go around travel, who knows you get infected, have to stay in that country hospital.
So the hospital charges etc? Here come travel insurance.

I feel those currently go travel, some can think ones yet not say rich will think twice about travelling to oversea. UNLESS your work needed to, thus got cover if you happen get infect in that country while upon reaching there for work etc.

There are cases already for those countries open out for travel, tourists some got tested positive.
You see how troublesome, have to stay in local hospital etc the expenses.

(17-09-2021, 11:59 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Actually is troublesome too for vaccinated ones so call travel pass.

Some countries claim no need quarantine when you reach there for travel some claim need one week quarantine.
Once after quarantine happy go around travel, who knows you get infected, have to stay in that country hospital.
So the hospital charges etc? Here come travel insurance.

I feel those currently go travel, some can think ones yet not say rich will think twice about travelling to oversea. UNLESS your work needed to, thus got cover if you happen get infect in that country while upon reaching there for work etc.

There are cases already for those countries open out for travel, tourists some got tested positive.
You see how troublesome, have to stay in local hospital etc the expenses.

It is as expected in the early days of an endemic and living with the virus. Initially, overseas travel will be a hassle and certain unknown but better than get stuck without progress. As I said, Gov around the world are ok to let some die so that many can live. So it's your call individually lor. Like it or not, the world is opening up and living with the virus. 

Its already shown in UK and SG is following ... in the past with the infection numbers .... 100% lockdown .... today .... continue to open up.

(17-09-2021, 12:06 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  It is as expected in the early days of an endemic and living with the virus. Initially, overseas travel will be a hassle and certain unknown but better than get stuck without progress. As I said, Gov around the world are ok to let some die so that many can live. So it's your call individually lor. Like it or not, the world is opening up and living with the virus. 

Its already shown in UK and SG is following ... in the past with the infection numbers .... 100% lockdown .... today .... continue to open up.

This is what people say, knowing is Fake, trying to put it Positive bluff yourself is Positive and good....
End of the day? back to square one....

(17-09-2021, 12:09 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  This is what people say, knowing is Fake, trying to put it Positive bluff yourself is Positive and good....
End of the day? back to square one....

What is fake? Covid? People dying from Covid? These are fake?
Continue to lockdown, is that what you prefer?

There will come a day MOH can no longer used no jab as a smoke screen as a decoy, and that day should be coming soon.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(17-09-2021, 11:20 AM)forum456 Wrote:  very soon, the vaccinated will also die due to covid.
it is happening in other countries.
We all know jab or no jab, death is possible. Just that no jab death rate is higher. These are scientific data that no one can refute.

But, keep reporting in a way by keep stressing the death due to no jab, paint a picture that jab already won't die, which backfire now.

If not, how to explain the surge in numbers? Wanted to blame not vaccinated also cannot coz they only form 18% of population now.

And, if really want to go endemic, should announced all jab ones no longer need to wear masks. Then we really hearing toward endemic.

(17-09-2021, 12:53 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  We all know jab or no jab, death is possible. Just that no jab death rate is higher. These are scientific data that no one can refute.

Not necessary.

if we are lucky to have a new COVID-22 which no existing vaccine can protect, jab or no jab will be the same.

if we can have SARS, COVID-19, COVID-22 should be available soon.

I would say SG is easing gradually..OYK shouldn't have shouted GOING ENDEMIC back early days. I would say we're driven by necessity. Delta having entered and spreaded in April it's almost futile to contain. Recall our P2HA only managed to keep unlinked cases steady at single digits. Once eased even slightly we get the case surge. Witness AU and NZ after months of HARD lockdowns (no one on streets) the case loads remain double digits and AU exploded and many dieded.
How can there be a better approach than accelerating vaccination and easing SLOWLY GRADUALLY ??

(17-09-2021, 12:49 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  There will come a day MOH can no longer used no jab as a smoke screen as a decoy, and that day should be coming soon.
And what is that, the enlighten one?

(17-09-2021, 04:32 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  And what is that, the enlighten one?
Your fav endemic loh, ehlighted one.

(17-09-2021, 07:48 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Your fav endemic loh, ehlighted one.

Endemic what ... that's part of the endemic process mah ..... many get infected, some die but many lived .... then herd immunity mah

(17-09-2021, 09:03 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Endemic what ... that's part of the endemic process mah ..... many get infected, some die but many lived .... then herd immunity mah

I agreed some will get infected, some will die.. I just say MOH can no longer used no jab as a decoy, that's all.

(17-09-2021, 11:06 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I agreed some will get infected, some will die.. I just say MOH can no longer used no jab as a decoy, that's all.

jab as a decoy? Kindly elaborate.