Big surge in US listed China Tech ADRs after JD's results

On the same day Dow plunge 400pts at the open

[Image: Li6q5at.jpg]
[Image: 3UCXFsf.jpg]

JD is up around 7%. I would say the results are NOT  spectacular they are okay show business is stable with some growth..

The reason for the surge is the large drop in JD stock for 3.5 months of relentless selling. The stock price became totally detached from the underlying business.

Not that it will come to sync with fundamentals. After owning Chinese stocks for a few years the stock price is all over the place even when the company is steady.

While some real issue is needed to move  a stock up or down by 10% in Sjngapore or US, Chinese stocks can move up or down 30% on marginal news or no news.

Occasionally when results come out it can reysnc but very quickly it moves to speculation snd become disconnected.

It's just acautionary tale for investors of Chinese stock...the level of speculative momentum trading is very high. You have to stay calm and not be affected.

Better still use the speculation to your advantage.

Roughly speaking based on the average length of those massive swings of HS Tech  up or down during each year ...the current downswing is may be over and we start swinging up.

The selloff from the 30 Jan 2023 high to the bottom yesterday was 4730 to 3800, a 20% selloff in 3.5 months.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(11-05-2023, 10:41 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  On the same day Dow plunge 400pts at the open

[Image: Li6q5at.jpg]
[Image: 3UCXFsf.jpg]

JD is up around 7%. I would say the results are NOT  spectacular they are okay show business is stable with some growth..

The reason for the surge is the large drop in JD stock for 3.5 months of relentless selling. The stock price became totally detached from the underlying business.

Not that it will come to sync with fundamentals. After owning Chinese stocks for a few years the stock price is all over the place even when the company is steady.

While some real issue is needed to move  a stock up or down by 10% in Sjngapore or US, Chinese stocks can move up or down 30% on marginal news or no news.

Occasionally when results come out it can reysnc but very quickly it moves to speculation snd become disconnected.

It's just acautionary tale for investors of Chinese stock...the level of speculative momentum trading is very high. You have to stay calm and not be affected.

Better still use the speculation to your advantage.

Roughly speaking based on the average length of those massive swings of HS Tech  up or down during each year ...the current downswing is may be over and we start swinging up.

The selloff from the 30 Jan 2023 high to the bottom yesterday was 4730 to 3800, a 20% selloff in 3.5 months.

Thks for sharing yr take. Traders u know what to do