hard to beat
[+] 1 user Likes keys's post

They have one potential skill.

Reflect and Cut losses. Clapping

Smile

with 1 fish, $4 can sell

Their is food court pricing..

Smile

i dont patronize those high price stall. food should be made cheap for all, not sell high for own profit. even if the foods is nice, sorry i wont paid for.it. there are honest and nice food stall owner which we must support, not this type of hawker who try to innovate and then jack up price and we have to paid for it. gov must impose on such high price , if not how people can affords to have a decent meal
[+] 2 users Like jus4lucky's post

(05-01-2022, 01:22 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/hawkerf...R1S__U7jB8
Greedy bastards, serve then right, lose everything better
[+] 3 users Like Sentinel's post

high price model hard to survive unless you food is damn yummy.
low price model earlier.

many real life example. Abc shop, value shop, daiso, budget mi hoon, 2.50 nasi lemak, all long Q.

work for MIW better.

(05-01-2022, 03:42 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  high price model hard to survive unless you food is damn yummy.
low price model earlier.

many real life example. Abc shop, value shop, daiso, budget mi hoon, 2.50 nasi lemak, all long Q.

Takagi so expensive still doing roaring business.  Laughing

Those young punks think so many pattern what 创新 can create their own customers...haha....

If they cook authentic nasi lemak probably wont lose so much.

my side here...............$3.50 already not much business liao...........

(05-01-2022, 04:47 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  my side here...............$3.50 already not much business liao...........

Got one nasi lemak at AMK..For ten plus years. Still going strong. Muslim stall....Near spc. Range from 3.5 to 4.5

Smile

Downside of hawkerpreneurship which gov encouraged... at their own expense

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

They rent at what location? Must be the rental that kill them. These youngsters like to do funny fusion that burnt their own arses. Most nasi lemak in my area are doing well with $3-$4 pricing although some $3 give very little value.

gov is another kind, if they charge high rent to hawker , how they going not to charge customer high price. and gov ask us to be hawker so they can charge us. Joker right. that why our local hawker scene is getting low volume as people do not want to join the industry, all our heritage is gone, very wasted. in future we only eat sub standard food

(05-01-2022, 02:26 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  i dont patronize those high price stall. food should be made cheap for all, not sell high for own profit. even if the foods is nice, sorry i wont paid for.it. there are honest and nice food stall owner which we must support, not this type of hawker who try to innovate and then jack up price and we have to paid for it. gov must impose on such high price , if not how people can affords to have a decent meal

I don't think it is fair to blame them for the high asp..

Probably bulk of profit goes to the rental..

Of course, you can say then start your business in a god forsaken neighborhood when rental is cheaper..

But then what about your crowd? Such neighborhood only cater for to certain crowd (elderly) or factory workers..

If you just start a business which need crowd, that is not the kind of place to go to.

But like what someone said, learnt from the experience and see what can be improved..

These are 2 brave souls who dared to venture out to try something.. At least they tried.. What about you and me?? When was the last time we got out of our comfort zone to try something, like fulfilling a dream?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(05-01-2022, 05:18 PM)dynamite Wrote:  They rent at what location? Must be the rental that kill them. These youngsters like to do funny fusion that burnt their own arses. Most nasi lemak in my area are doing well with $3-$4 pricing although some $3 give very little value.

If they sell like most nasi lemak in your area, then they really become one of the nasi lemak in your area which you probably can't recall their shop name..

They tried to sell a fusion, if market don't accept it, acknowledge it and see what is wrong. Could it be

1) It taste bad, their fault (aka either go for retraining or quit being a hawker)
2) The market doesn't appreciate such fusion (aka too advance taste)
3) The neighborhood that they are in are not the customers that they should go after (aka sala place to open)

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(05-01-2022, 05:47 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  gov is another kind, if they charge high rent to hawker , how they going not to charge customer high price. and gov ask us to be hawker so they can charge us. Joker right. that why our local hawker scene is getting low volume as people do not want to join the industry, all our heritage is gone, very wasted. in future we only eat sub standard food

Agree. Saw this hwz thread last year where an ex-air stewardess is able to sell Nasi Lemak for just M$1.50 in Malaysia.
And their food looks very tempting to me.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threa...k.6532136/

(05-01-2022, 06:03 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I don't think it is fair to blame them for the high asp..

Probably bulk of profit goes to the rental..

Of course, you can say then start your business in a god forsaken neighborhood when rental is cheaper..

But then what about your crowd? Such neighborhood only cater for to certain crowd (elderly) or factory workers..

If you just start a business which need crowd, that is not the kind of place to go to.

But like what someone said, learnt from the experience and see what can be improved..

These are 2 brave souls who dared to venture out to try something.. At least they tried.. What about you and me?? When was the last time we got out of our comfort zone to try something, like fulfilling a dream?
I agree with your findings.  It is most probably the rent that 'killed' them.....

Whereas one couple see what CCBC " is a hokkien vulgar word " burger
now open stall at Orchard due to good business selling from home

Very soon you will see more hawkers will run Teh Gu like in the past… Rotfl
New Hawker rental/licence too high liao…

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

People who go there to eat won't want to pay $6.50.

high price must provide good food.

Their food just not good enough.

They will fail again next year.