36 years' jail for mastermind of scheme that led to $8B penny stock crash in 2013

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/jo...122022_tdy

What is Tan Chee Meng doing there? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(28-12-2022, 10:41 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  FTX loss also Boh Daiji.

No master mind involved only computer hardwares and softwares.....and traded automatically, so Boh Daiji lah...

(28-12-2022, 06:49 PM)limpeh394 Wrote:  Pappies can openly cheat sinkies for 36 years and sleep well in their bungalow

This is unforgivable. Temasek can use our money to afford a contrarion habit. But if they use their own money to make investments, they cannot be contrarion.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

SGX should shoulder the blame too. Useless and ineffective that’s why so many criminals like to scam here in sg. What SGX does is passive, just blame and punish them later. Sit in huge cushioned sofas, eat expansive lunches, earn huge obscene salaries and continue to be passive and ineffective.

Why do you think SGX is one of the world’s worst performing exchanges?

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like p1acebo's post

(29-12-2022, 08:06 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  SGX should shoulder the blame too.  Useless and ineffective that’s why so many criminals like to scam here in sg.  What SGX does is passive, just blame and punish them later.  Sit in huge cushioned sofas, eat expansive lunches, earn huge obscene salaries and continue to be passive and ineffective.

Why do you think SGX is one of the world’s worst performing exchanges?
There is some truths in your narrative.........SGX needs to be on their toes all the time.......... Angry
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(28-12-2022, 11:20 AM)SGSeniorCitizen1952 Wrote:  "I think 36yrs is too excessive such sentences are for murders"  Thumbs_up

Agreed wholeheartedly. White collar criminals get more than rapists and molesters.  nudie

On the contrary, 36 years imprisonment is not excessive, cos just imagine the number of investors involved, some might lose their life's savings...... Angry

(29-12-2022, 08:29 AM)Blin Wrote:  Life sentence is 25yrs  this one sentenced  36 yrs with pardon understandable to pacify sheep and cows.

The 36-year prison sentence is not excessive, cos the govt. wants it to be a deterrent for potential culprits........ Angry

Where the money go ? Take back first..

(29-12-2022, 08:52 AM)FangFang Wrote:  Where the money go ? Take back first..

Yes, is it possible to get back the monies..?................ Clapping

(28-12-2022, 11:36 AM)drgn Wrote:  how about yuuzoo?

the ceo is still happily enjoying life in sentosa.

What about Midas?
The bastard is out there enjoying life
SGX cannot do anything to him

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(29-12-2022, 08:32 AM)debono Wrote:  The 36-year prison sentence is not excessive, cos the govt. wants it to be a deterrent for potential culprits........ Angry

Should add caning
And confiscate everything he has
Including his mistress
Sell her to Geylang warlords

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(29-12-2022, 08:32 AM)debono Wrote:  The 36-year prison sentence is not excessive, cos the govt. wants it to be a deterrent for potential culprits........ Angry

Did you hear anyone jailed becos of minibond saga? Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

His record is going to break by John if he can remit his 1/3 jail sentence

Currently, Chia Teck Leng is serving his 42-year sentence. Should he serve with good behaviour, he will be entitled to one-third remission for good behaviour and be released on parole after serving at least 28 years of imprisonment, at which time he would be 72 years old.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chia_Tec...ears%20old.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I thought just go in for awhile then get doc to certify terminal illness to get out earlier and remit to hospital. Then run road from there lor...

(28-12-2022, 10:53 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  When I look at this case. This is my comments.

The 3 penny stocks were manipulated for almost one year.
The whole market knew about this.

The reason why it became so large and serious eventually involving $8B in value is the SGX and regulators did nothing for a long period.

It's like a thief can go and steal initially took some small valuables but nobody monitor or do anything so he became bolder and stole more and more.

Why Soh chose to operate in Singapore instead of base in Nalaysia? It is because he was concerned Malaysia side will catch him fast and put a stop to his scam.

He did not choose HK or other jurisdiction to run his operation.

The reason he chose to run it in Singapore is the same as why many scammers run their scams here....

I think 36yrs is too excessive such sentences are for murders
This jail sentence is not excessive in terms of the manipulated amt involved. Foreigners like scamming here becos our Govt is too lax and slow in actions. Our country is a haven for money making. Moreover, jail in m’sia wil be very tough whereas Spore is more lenient as long as they behave. All good foods and medical are provided for. You think this m’sian guy can get all these in m’sian jail? He can even died in jail. Only there is no freedom in spore jail.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

wah mdm Quah was a very attractive milf when young.

(29-12-2022, 11:42 AM)Bluebull Wrote:  What about Midas?
The bastard is out there enjoying life
SGX cannot do anything to him
All conmen s-chips directors are hiding in China. China Govt protect their people. Which country leaders does not love their countrymen? Maybe, only here.

This Soh suay la his boat broke down else can be on same gang as those China Scam CEO...

Is it a coincidence that Soh Chee Wen was sentenced only AFTER Anwar came into power (When those politicians previously linked to Najib, Dr M, Daim have lost power)

(29-12-2022, 03:56 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  This Soh suay la his boat broke down else can be on same gang as those China Scam CEO...

I wonder why Soh never had an exit plan.
This manipulation is complex involving tens of brokers banks etc. 

Unlike Jho Low who vanished ....Soh could have done the same. 

Even David Rasif could just vanish for a few million and never found.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(29-12-2022, 04:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I wonder why Soh never had an exit plan.
This manipulation is complex involving tens of brokers banks etc. 

Unlike Jho Low who vanished ....Soh could have done the same. 

Even David Rasif could just vanish for a few million and never found.

He thought he'll never be discovered. That's why no need exit plan

(29-12-2022, 05:02 PM)winbig Wrote:  He thought he'll never be discovered. That's why no need exit plan
His scam was so obvious ..I think he must be wondering why authorities do nothing for so long.

I seriously believe he thinks what he did is not so serious and never imagine the sentence to be so crazy inhumane.he did this before in Malaysia for this stock call Promet...from 50cts push to 200. The Malaysian authorities caught him but sentence was short. After that they monitor him until he cannot try anything funny...so he run to Singapore.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(29-12-2022, 03:08 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  This jail sentence is not excessive in terms of the manipulated amt involved. Foreigners like scamming here becos our Govt is too lax and slow in actions. Our country is a haven for money making. Moreover, jail in m’sia wil be very tough whereas Spore is more lenient as long as they behave. All good foods and medical are provided for. You think this m’sian guy can get all these in m’sian jail? He can even died in jail.  Only there is no freedom in spore jail.

I like your narrative, and give you a like and a rep. pt for it........ Clapping Gesti-109
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

You all don't know meh in Malaysia big case can make to small case, and small case make to no case hor
https://media.tenor.com/bvwhFml_Lt8AAAAM...arapan.gif https://media.tenor.com/fHXknNKC30YAAAAM...-laugh.gif https://media.tenor.com/7WwIfbgTRG8AAAAM...r-gila.gif

(29-12-2022, 08:14 AM)debono Wrote:  The is some truths in your narrative.........SGX needs to be on their toes all the time.......... Angry

How come our SGX, Temasek, PAP . . . .are so complacent all the time?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(29-12-2022, 05:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  His scam was so obvious ..I think he must be wondering why authorities do nothing for so long.

I seriously believe he thinks what he did is not so serious and never imagine the sentence to be so crazy inhumane.he did this before in Malaysia for this stock call Promet...from 50cts push to 200. The Malaysian authorities caught him but sentence was short. After that they monitor him until he cannot try anything funny...so he run to Singapore.

Promet, Renong, Idris Hydraulics etc.  Those were the heady days... Big Grin

(29-12-2022, 07:08 PM)Ola Wrote:  How come our SGX, Temasek, PAP . . . .are so complacent all the time?

Easy life mah, why need to work hard?  Just collect good salary and relac lah.  Anything wrong, just throw the book at them later say like 10 years later.  Easy peasy.

I never read in depth about this case, just see from TV yesterday

" what they open 100+ trading account to manipulate some corporation stocks price plunge "

I was ? So easy meh ???

(29-12-2022, 07:18 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I never read in depth about this case, just see from TV yesterday

" what they open 100+ trading account to manipulate some corporation stocks price plunge "

I was ? So easy meh ???

The purpose is not to cheat small time punters but banks.

The many accounts is to trade back and forth to keep the price high.

Once stock reaches a sky high price Soh goes to banks to use it as collateral to borrow ....he got $170M from Goldman 

By right once he corner the stock he can maintain it at high price is indefinitely.

The only way for it to collapse is for the banks to recall the loan...and sell the collateral.

Many in the market know this. They thought it will never collapse.

So everyday the punter go and buy the Blumont or LionGold in the morning by afternoon it will go up and they will sell it.

This was easy money ...even got one broker call me up to ask me to play this ...sure make everyday same pattern. But I check the past cornered stocks one fine day it just suddenly drop 50%.....so I stold him better not.

So many of these punters did their usual routine to buy in morning and sell in afternoon to make easy money. One day they buy in the morning and the stock collapsed in the afternoon the punter lose so much he cannot pay and the broker is wiped out.

(29-12-2022, 03:13 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  wah mdm Quah was a very attractive milf when young.

You very 重口味😡