360 more electric buses to hit the roads from Dec 2024 in biggest purchase

360 more electric buses to hit the roads from Dec 2024 in biggest purchase by Singapore 

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/ase...-singapore

So what's the indicative open cat Coe price for the buses? When they going to make the actual Coe bidding? Lol
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

Who is paying for these buses? Privatized company yet not spending their own $$???
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

哇佬,made in china again
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

The useless Shoot Blank Queen bought 300 buses or so

to create lousy jobs as bus drivers

Now repeating again??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

(26-11-2023, 07:42 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Who is paying for these buses? Privatized company yet not spending their own $$???

You are. Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

lai liao, who will pay.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

(26-11-2023, 07:13 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  360 more electric buses to hit the roads from Dec 2024 in biggest purchase by Singapore 

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/ase...-singapore

"....Of the 360 new electric buses bought in the latest tender, 240 of them will be supplied by Chinese automaker BYD at a contract sum of $108.1 million. ....The other contract went to Cycle & Carriage Automotive, which is partnering with another Chinese manufacturer, Zhongtong Bus, to supply 120 electric buses at a sum of $58.3 million..."

Someone told me the US gov isn't happy with SG's decision. Big Grin

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.i-sgcm.com%2Fn...=1920&q=75]

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(27-11-2023, 01:25 AM)jus4lucky Wrote:  lai liao, who will pay.

The same way SG's Public tpt system was and is being funded - your tax $  loh. Big Grin

Reducing carbon footprint at its best ....
[+] 1 user Likes red3's post

When these buses arrive, china haters ermaos ccpie how ah? Up or no up?

These are the best ev buses in the world at the moment.

(26-11-2023, 07:49 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  哇佬,made in china again

Technology stolen from Assmerica?  Rotfl
[+] 2 users Like cityhantam's post

(27-11-2023, 11:12 AM)Oyk Wrote:  My granddaughter loves it in the bus  Rotfl
[Image: qYjdR5V.jpg]

Laughing Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post

Good no more noisy and smelly exhaust from buses

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(27-11-2023, 12:36 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Good no more noisy and smelly exhaust from buses

Yeah - 1st time I saw a electric bus, I was very surprised how fast it pick up speed almost silently at the bus stop....Minus the roar of turbo diesel engine and fume we often associate with public buses... Major con is the e-bus acceleration can be potential hazard for pax...

(27-11-2023, 10:38 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Yeah - 1st time I saw a electric bus, I was very surprised how fast it pick up speed almost silently at the bus stop....Minus the roar of turbo diesel engine and fume we often associate with public buses... Major con is the e-bus acceleration can be potential hazard for pax...

Can software controlled with acceleration pick up rate. Nowadays everything digital, easily controlled .... on worry is when in crashes .... in both sense  Rotfl

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(28-11-2023, 10:47 AM)Oyk Wrote:   My granddaughter loves electric bus Rotfl

[Image: fOcGjSi.jpg]

Laughing Laughing

Why Malaysian news report about Singapore bus? Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(26-11-2023, 07:49 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  哇佬,made in china again

China is the current world's leader in EV manufacturing. Cheers!
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(28-11-2023, 11:06 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Why Malaysian news report about Singapore bus? Rotfl

Maybe the M'sian media is using SG e.g. to put pressure on Bolehland Gov to move faster towards electrification in their pubic transport - Which everyone knows is damn Xiaxue... Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Manthink's post

(27-11-2023, 09:19 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  When these buses arrive, china haters ermaos ccpie how ah? Up or no up?

Wouldn't surprised me SG haters like  Scythian and CN haters sgbuffett will siam this Thread far far....

Big Grin

When these buses arrive, ermaos probably will hv these thinkings:

1. These are ccpie bus, dun take, wait for the next ones. Unfortunately next ones are aso ccpie buses, so they end up taking grab

2. Take lah, since these buses are made by hardworking ahtiongs, not ccpie commies. And nobody knows and nobody cares.

(29-11-2023, 11:06 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Maybe the M'sian media is using SG e.g. to put pressure on Bolehland Gov to move faster towards electrification in their pubic transport - Which everyone knows is damn Xiaxue... Big Grin

My Malaysian friends told me EV is too expensive for their commoners. 
And the EV charging stations are to few and insufficient to cover their long highways.

Not possible at all. Plus the proton car is damn cheap to stop buying.. Big Grin

(29-11-2023, 11:42 AM)moonrab Wrote:  My Malaysian friends told me EV is too expensive for their commoners. 
And the EV charging stations are to few and insufficient to cover their long highways.
Not possible at all. Plus the proton car is damn cheap to stop buying..
Big Grin

Your M'sian friend is saying the same thing as the Americans are ....EV too ex, few charging stations, oil and ICE vehicles price (subsidised) dame cheap..

I can understand that given Bolehland industry depends on both  making cars and pumping oil. Big Grin 

Nevermind the fact we know the tide of moving beyond carbon-based energy is an unstoppable trend.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/202...dopted-evs

BYD shared its EV buses rolling out from its factory in 8 years ago in 2015....

In that year, the World hardly heard of the brand...

NOW in 2023....SGreans got to wake up that BYD can do crazy good EV sedans too...as they found out in this drag-race at Changi exhibition centre...

With performance that equal or even BEAT super cars from Nissan GTR, Porsche Cayman and the Lamborghini Hurac....at much much "affordable" price. Big Grin

To be fair - electric motor is naturally for more powerful and torqey than similar mass ICE engines

WiTricity provides wireless charging for autonomous buses in China https://www.evcandi.com/news/witricity-p...uses-china

Wireless charging autonomous bus..
New leaps into public service transportation. Just perfect for our feeder bus system 👌

Knnbccb Iswarun got involve n the purchase or not? knnbccb

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED