37.9 million Americans are living in poverty. But the problem could be far worse

PUBLISHED TUE, MAR 7 20238:00 AM EST
Juhohn Lee

• There are 37.9 million Americans living in poverty, accounting for 11.6% of the total population, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
  • The number reported by the Census Bureau is based on the official poverty measure, which has remained virtually unchanged since the mid-1960s
  • As a response, the Census Bureau developed the Supplemental Poverty Measure in 2011 as an improvement over the existing measure.
  • But some experts say that even the SPM falls short of accurately measuring poverty in the U.S.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/07/why-pove...itter|main
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

Instead of just writing "Americans", I suppose it would be instructive to also give a racial profile of the 37.9 million peepur or 11.6%.

African Americans living in ghetto?
White Americans
Asian Americans?

AFAIK, there is an imbalance in opportunites in a country that is supposed to be a land of milk and honey that attracted so many peepur from various countries to its shores.

And if you are white, you have advantages.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

as Thomas Jefferson said.................

''if the American people ever let the control of their currency fall into private hands, their descendants will end up poor and homeless''

the Federal Reserve is owned by Jews

(30-09-2023, 05:51 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Instead of just writing "Americans", I suppose it would be instructive to also give a racial profile of the 37.9 million peepur or 11.6%.

African Americans living in ghetto?
White Americans
Asian Americans?

AFAIK, there is an imbalance in opportunites in a country that is supposed to be a land of milk and honey that attracted so many peepur from various countries to it's ahores.

And if you are white, you have advantages.

More statistics for those living in poverty including race: https://federalsafetynet.com/poverty-sta...c%20Whites.

Whites and Asians have the lowest poverty rate with both at 8.6%. Blacks (17.1%), Hispanics and Others (16.9%) are at the other end.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

US might be unleashing the final play called the NAZI epidemic
most of us only heard abt operation paper clips.
You saw some movemet in Canada. This is far worse like zombies heard the master calling

(30-09-2023, 07:24 PM)Levin Wrote:  Whites and Asians have the lowest poverty rate with both at 8.6%. Blacks (17.1%), Hispanics and Others (16.9%) are at the other end

So the ugly truth is out. Certain groups are clearly discriminated. Well, you know, BLM. Black lives matter.

You see, there are certain peepur, let's call them CCP ibs for accuracy and precision  Big Grin , who upon seeing your thread will right away sing the PRC national anthem and scoff at the US.

That's too simplistic lor. 

As a matter of fact, the US has a seemingly intractable domestic problem of racial discrimination, and if one compares China with the US, he is in fact comparing China with only the discriminated groups in the US.

I thank every god I know that here in Singapore, we don't have this...

Assmarrycunt daddy going to bankrupt, ermaos very uneasy. But need not worry too much lah, the earth is still revolving

(30-09-2023, 05:51 PM)Oyk Wrote:  my mama papa and wife
love having vanilla cream from the white
[Image: S4XeQ.png]
[Image: S4XeW.png]

mama & wifey
enjoying life

(30-09-2023, 08:38 PM)Oyk Wrote:  

I leave it to Levin to decide if he wants to report KILLjoy for messing up his thread. Tongue

(30-09-2023, 11:30 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Tongue
I AM
[Image: S4eSw.gif]

normal pattern that china has gone thru many times.
rich then many start to become poor. then too many poor. eventually civil war to redistribute wealth.
0-100 scale of rich to poor. they like at about 70 now.

(01-10-2023, 07:57 AM)sclim Wrote:  normal pattern that china has gone thru many times.
rich then many start to become poor. then too many poor. eventually civil war to redistribute wealth.
0-100 scale of rich to poor. they like at about 70 now.

Not just China. Countries with a long enough history will go through it. Korea, France, Russia etc that I know of. There should be many more that I am not aware of. They don't have as many revolutions as China due to China's long history.

(30-09-2023, 07:24 PM)Levin Wrote:  More statistics for those living in poverty including race: https://federalsafetynet.com/poverty-sta...c%20Whites.

Whites and Asians have the lowest poverty rate with both at 8.6%. Blacks (17.1%), Hispanics and Others (16.9%) are at the other end.

The Hispanic and others poverty are normally from the illegal immigrants. Staying in US.
As for the blacks poverty, it is a long story. Even Obama cannot help.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

[Image: IMG-0601.jpg]