LHL kenna jialat jialat for "regrettable" comment on food protectionism

(29-05-2022, 03:01 PM)talky Wrote:  the most insensible n stupid policy is cant wait to increase gst
what is 100b spent to fight against our 1trillion resreve
100/1000 =10%
yhis is what reserves are for yet so impatient the pap govt has misjudged the situation badly.

Why PAP can only talk big

but no Beggar Thy Neighbour Policy

to improve our food situation?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(29-05-2022, 03:48 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I feel is In future We , Singaporean, Singapore HAVE TO PAY DOUBLE FOR FOODS IMPORT partly you put yourself in other Govt shoes, IF foods not enough in their country, Obviously they will stop export , Surely SG will be despo for it , Ok you pay Double for it than I will export " some " to you .

No doubt currently Govt pushing Local Farming , production but it don't or enough to serve the entire population

and this fellow aka EX HDB Chief still can claim 10million population squeeze this little country call SG
https://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/10/singapor...chief.html

Summary, they want this and forget the rest.

he has not hv the foresight to cater for water n land to grow local food .
hk is different w china as the parent hinterland
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(31-05-2022, 04:55 PM)talky Wrote:  he has not hv the foresight to cater for water n land to grow local food .

I think HK rented or long term lease some farmland from China. They have vegetables and fruits like papaya export because I saw some in FairPrice. So HK is better off than us in terms of food ..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(31-05-2022, 04:55 PM)talky Wrote:  he has not hv the foresight to cater for water n land to grow local food .

HK bad is on housing issue. Partly " rich lee there monopoly it " next HK this country is lots of Hills is hard to reclaim land make it flat build more public housing but come Food NO Worry as you also mention due to China.

Our Side is Housing issues is different somehow like HK , getting smaller places and pay more but Is more like USA. What happen in USA will be SG in future. What I preferring is sales on property markets.

come Food, currently Govt pushing local farming they do mention even local Farming reach the highest peak of production STILL can't feed entire population in SG.

So no matter what SG STILL need imports from other countries come foods, resources literally 90percent.

This is why SG always a " Yes " man in world stage what USA say follow but on the same time you can't offence China too
SG also depend a lot from China.

(31-05-2022, 05:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  HK bad is on housing issue. Partly " rich lee there monopoly it " next HK this country is lots of Hills is hard to reclaim land make it flat build more public housing but come Food NO Worry as you also mention due to China.

Our Side is Housing issues is different somehow like HK , getting smaller places and pay more but Is more like USA. What happen in USA will be SG in future. What I preferring is sales on property markets.

come Food, currently Govt pushing local farming they do mention even local Farming reach the highest peak of production STILL can't feed entire population in SG.

So no matter what SG STILL need imports from other countries come foods, resources literally 90percent.

This is why SG always a " Yes " man in world stage what USA say follow but on the same time you can't offence China too
SG also depend a lot from China.

our population is declinig why clear so much land to build so many flats for CECA?

In ancient history, Genghis Khan starved the Chinese population behind Great Wall into cannibalism and attacked China.

The fall of China under the Mongols.