4-room HDB home with a Raffles Hotel vibe costs < $14k to renovate and furnish

[Image: Colonial_living.jpeg]

DECEMBER 15, 2021
PUBLISHED AT 6:45 PM
ByCANDICE CAIASIAONE

We're not joking when we say that stepping into Luqman Abdul Latiff and Amelia Natasha Ramlee's home feels like we are stepping into a part of Raffles Hotel.

With the antique furniture against the pop of greenery and wainscotted walls and ceilings, the four-bedroom BTO flat in Tampines has a colonial feel that envelopes you the moment you enter.

By their estimates, their entire renovation and home furnishing cost came up to under $14,000 — an astonishing price for the end result and a fraction of the price of most home renovations these days.

How they accomplished that plus video and photos at: https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/4-room...00-furnish

(17-12-2021, 03:36 PM)Levin Wrote:  [Image: Colonial_living.jpeg]

DECEMBER 15, 2021
PUBLISHED AT 6:45 PM
ByCANDICE CAIASIAONE

We're not joking when we say that stepping into Luqman Abdul Latiff and Amelia Natasha Ramlee's home feels like we are stepping into a part of Raffles Hotel.

With the antique furniture against the pop of greenery and wainscotted walls and ceilings, the four-bedroom BTO flat in Tampines has a colonial feel that envelopes you the moment you enter.

By their estimates, their entire renovation and home furnishing cost came up to under $14,000 — an astonishing price for the end result and a fraction of the price of most home renovations these days.

How they accomplished that plus video and photos at: https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/4-room...00-furnish

In my humble opinion the cost of this upgrading is cheap by many standards..... Clapping

(17-12-2021, 03:41 PM)debono Wrote:  In my humble opinion the cost of this upgrading is cheap by many standards..... Clapping

Has to do a lot of DIY ah. But fun if one enjoys it. And the bargains they managed to get are really good.

Very impressive. The wainscotting is what nailed the effect, but not for me as it gathers dust.

(17-12-2021, 03:52 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Very impressive. The wainscotting is what nailed the effect, but not for me as it gathers dust.

I agree....... Clapping