400,000 Singaporeans live overseas?

I dont think it is that many, probably around 10% of the SG citizens which is around 300,000.

https://leongszehian.com/?p=15488

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/s...ngaporeans

A large number are new citizens who went to their home countries. I know of friends who did that. A certain table tennis player and another a footballer.

PAP's definition is different from the world

Singaporeans include PRs and FTs?

[Image: Chee-HT-PRs-are-locals.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(08-11-2022, 10:58 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  fcuking whiny little ccbai

go fcuk your own arsehole

elsewhere

useless long term jobless turncoats

are not welcomed here

Traitor from Malaysia scolding himself for being a Turncoat

Fck your own rotting LJ that must be cooked and burned for 10 hours

and chopped into pieces for your dimwit son ton eat

You are so useless and such a Failure

who cannot even do NS and worse, no other Govt in Australia, USA, UK . . . .wants trash like you

Rotfl

Other countries have high and good standards where they only want rich people who are healthy and smart or like Australia, must have their local full- time degree. My Malaysian colleague was rejected due to medical condition and thus, cannot leave Singapore.

(08-11-2022, 10:48 AM)fishbuff Wrote:  I dont think it is that many, probably around 10% of the SG citizens which is around 300,000.

https://leongszehian.com/?p=15488

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/s...ngaporeans

Why so many Singaporeans in foreign countries and so many foreigners in Singapore leh?  Thinking

I would not be surprised over 1/4 SGreans are overseas.

A few things that make us easy globetrotters - Bilingualism, good reputation, loaded with $, powerful SGD and SG little Red Passports, just to name a few.
[+] 3 users Like Manthink's post

(08-11-2022, 11:33 AM)Lu cheekopekman Wrote:  Why so many Singaporeans in foreign countries and so many foreigners in Singapore leh?  Thinking

[Image: 49-DF7-D36-9-EC9-4-F2-E-BDD3-72-E16001-DE25.jpg]

My friend said coming home to his HDB flat feels like living in prison. His home in Thailand sits on 200,000 SF land.
[+] 3 users Like Notdumb's post

(08-11-2022, 10:55 AM)Ola Wrote:  PAP's definition is different from the world

Singaporeans include PRs and FTs?

[Image: Chee-HT-PRs-are-locals.png]

They called them Singapore Residents lah. Big Grin

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(08-11-2022, 11:33 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Why so many Singaporeans in foreign countries and so many foreigners in Singapore leh?  Thinking

waleneh, that's greener grass syndrome lah. 我看你好,你看我好

maybe pap can tap on these people to tax more. even you oversea, also must tax on gst and income tax cos you are still part of singapore property. every year charge 500 per head count.

just like idiot 5354 is singaporean
coca also singaporean

papaya like to confuse
because u all are stupid

I said many times
only I am the smart ones
90% are stupid

drain my energy even now dealing with estate matters

(08-11-2022, 12:52 PM)Talent Wrote:  just like idiot 5354 is singaporean
coca also singaporean

papaya like to confuse
because u all are stupid

I said many times
only I am the smart ones
90% are stupid

drain my energy even now dealing with estate matters

Those idiots in white better come up and clarify what defines a Singaporean

And the breakdown in jobs, HDB occupancy and also tuition education costs.

LOL, this guy quite creative. Just because of address registration, he added 186,400 to the figure.

Proud to be part of the statistics! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes amognoix's post

(09-11-2022, 06:41 AM)amognoix Wrote:  Proud to be part of the statistics! Smile

one of my new sg acquaint just hit 50 and he is desperate to emigrate. i said too late liao for him to apply for skilled migration. only option is by marriage or investment.

(09-11-2022, 06:52 AM)fishbuff Wrote:  one of my new sg acquaint just hit 50 and he is desperate to emigrate. i said too late liao for him to apply for skilled migration. only option is by marriage or investment.

Yah. Too late Liao

I came to Australia late because of Pandemic. But better late than never..

I am not young too.
[+] 1 user Likes amognoix's post

217200 Sporeans overseas in 2019
https://www.strategygroup.gov.sg/files/m...f-2019.pdf

so definitely Less, rest should be PRs or ex Sporeans..

No matter how many Pink IC holders are overseas... they're all the smart ones who knew how to leave a sinking ship.

I'm also happily out of SG, cannot wait till the day I can finally burn my red passport and post it big big on social media.
[+] 1 user Likes Basic_Strategy's post

(09-11-2022, 07:04 AM)amognoix Wrote:  Yah. Too late Liao

I came to Australia late because of Pandemic. But better late than never..

I am not young too.

do you want to consider studying phd? 
got govt full subsidy here.. might as well use them

(09-11-2022, 08:07 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  No matter how many Pink IC holders are overseas... they're all the smart ones who knew how to leave a sinking ship.

I'm also happily out of SG, cannot wait till the day I can finally burn my red passport and post it big big on social media.

i have been away for a long while. Think my disdain for SG has dwindled a lot. 
this time when i go back, I sure kana ICA coz they knew I got AU citizenship. Will renounce at the last resort.
[+] 1 user Likes fishbuff's post

(08-11-2022, 11:41 AM)Manthink Wrote:  I would not be surprised over 1/4 SGreans are overseas.

A few things that make us easy globetrotters - Bilingualism, good reputation, loaded with $, powerful SGD and SG little Red Passports, just to name a few.

I believe the increasing population density here will make many wanting to migrate to less dense countries.
For ladies, they can always look for angmoh guys, including eastern Europe.
Like the young lady last time who was reported missing, only to surface in Romania with her boyfriend.
Also have a relative, an ex-gov scholar, who married a US guy and moved over to the states.

https://mothership.sg/2018/10/cheryl-ale...sing-girl/

(09-11-2022, 10:57 AM)fishbuff Wrote:  i have been away for a long while. Think my disdain for SG has dwindled a lot. 
this time when i go back, I sure kana ICA coz they knew I got AU citizenship. Will renounce at the last resort.

most singaporeans emigrate landed in australia and even singapore companies are heavily invested in australia as well

(08-11-2022, 12:22 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  My friend said coming home to his HDB flat feels like living in prison. His home in Thailand sits on 200,000 SF land.

Think Thailand is a very good destination for guys, who don't like or couldn't make it to western countries.
Best is if he is a gig worker and can marry a nice Thai lady (e.g. not a bargirl) to set up a family over there.
Houses and cars are cheap (relative to Spore). Medical service level is also top-notch and at reasonable prices even for private hospitals.

nowadys public hospital A&E cost $200/**
https://sgtalk.net/Thread-nowadys-public...#pid399246

E.g. This 62yo Joe guy from US, married a Thai lady and bought a plot of near sea-side (200m away) land south of Hua Hin to build a very nice single-storey 2-bedroom house with a swimming pool. Total cost was only S$250K, which is about the BTO price for a 2-room HDB flat in a mature estate. His house comes with a big front yard that can park 2 cars & 2 bikes concurrently - HDB will be charging $75-95/mth for a single parking lot.
Best is that the land will be freehold and one's children or grandchildren will get to stay on it forever (rebuilding whenever possible).

Like your fren, the house of the contractor who built Joe's 250K house is similarly big, almost palace like:

And getting a helper in Thailand is not as difficult as in Spore where MOM tightly controls the supply.
About S$400 a month, but without the need to pay for the MOM levy which can be costly if one is not staying with parents or have children < 16yo.
This China (Hangzhou) guy bought his Chiangmai house for around S$120K last time and his only son is studying in a Thai school.

(08-11-2022, 12:22 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  My friend said coming home to his HDB flat feels like living in prison. His home in Thailand sits on 200,000 SF land.

1 night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster lah! Big Grin

(09-11-2022, 03:17 PM)sgxin Wrote:  I believe the increasing population density here will make many wanting to migrate to less dense countries.
For ladies, they can always look for angmoh guys, including eastern Europe.
Like the young lady last time who was reported missing, only to surface in Romania with her boyfriend.
Also have a relative, an ex-gov scholar, who married a US guy and moved over to the states.
https://mothership.sg/2018/10/cheryl-ale...sing-girl/

You are confusing living overseas with having a foreign spouse. The former is not something one can change your sense of belonging easily vs the later. The IPS report is from 2017, 3 years before the COVID19 struck. Guess what happened in the early months of the Pandemic? Many Overseas SGreans wanna return because of personal experiences when situation gets unbearable and dangerous...especially in the West with the rise of anti-Asian racism. So what you have bigger house and wider living space when u have to drive 3 hours to get to an A&E or  safety is always on your mind when u sleep or out minding your own business ?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...mok-769051

(09-11-2022, 10:56 AM)fishbuff Wrote:  do you want to consider studying phd? 
got govt full subsidy here.. might as well use them
Don't think so.

Study PhD but salary no increase, I think I will pass

soon not just 400,000 but 4,000,000 staying overseas