5 mio pensioners & jobseekers recd increased payments from 20 Mar

Australia News
Five million pensioners and jobseekers to receive an increase to their Centrelink payments amid cost of living pressures
Pensioners, carers and jobseekers are set to receive a boost to their payments from next week, with the government saying the increase is designed to "keep up with the changes in the cost of living". 

2 min read
March 14, 2022 - 12:30PM

Centrelink payments - including the age pension - will increase more than two per cent from March 20. The increase will be the largest since 2013 and is set to cost the government an additional $2.2 billion. Under the new arrangement, the rate for a single person receiving an age pension, disability support pension or carer payment will rise more than $20 a fortnight - to around $987. There are concerns the increase won't help pensioners with the rise in inflation.
Social security payments for pensioners, carers and jobseekers are set to increase from next week. 

The federal government said the cash boost delivered through the March indexation is designed to help five million Australians "keep up with the changes in the cost of living".

From March 20, singles on the age pension, disability support pension and carer payment will see their payments increase by $20.10 a fortnight to $987.60.

Couples will see their payments rise by $30.20 a fortnight to a combined $1,488.80.
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

No use one, the increased payment can’t beat high inflation downunder. A cup of coffee used to be $2.5 then $3.5, $4.5, now how much? Must be $5.5 or more. A small bowl of beef Pho in Footscray used to be $6, then they increase prices at $2 per year, the last time I ate at Vietnamese cafe there was $16, now must be $20 over already, the big bowls will be more expensive.

So Centrelink payment increase is not a good sign, it means the cost of living is getting higher and higher. Now that high inflation is a global thing, Australia is definitely hit harder than other countries and high rental & high property price also squeeze people even more.

"10 most expensive cities in the world

Tel Aviv. The coastal Israeli city of Tel Aviv has ranked highest in a poll by "The Economist" of the world's most expensive cities. ...
Paris. Last year, Paris topped the list. ...
Singapore. ...
Zurich. ...
Hong Kong. ...
New York City. ...
Geneva. ...
Copenhagen."
https://www.google.com/search?q=world+mi...ive+cities&oq=world+mist+exoensive+cities&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i13j0i13i457j0i13l6.13322j0j4&client=ms-android-oppo-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#:~:text=in%20the%20world%3F-,10%20most%20expensive%20cities%20in%20the%20world,Copenhagen.,-More%20items...

(15-03-2022, 04:29 PM)Scythian Wrote:  "10 most expensive cities in the world

Tel Aviv. The coastal Israeli city of Tel Aviv has ranked highest in a poll by "The Economist" of the world's most expensive cities. ...
Paris. Last year, Paris topped the list. ...
Singapore. ...
Zurich. ...
Hong Kong. ...
New York City. ...
Geneva. ...
Copenhagen."
https://www.google.com/search?q=world+mi...ive+cities&oq=world+mist+exoensive+cities&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i13j0i13i457j0i13l6.13322j0j4&client=ms-android-oppo-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#:~:text=in%20the%20world%3F-,10%20most%20expensive%20cities%20in%20the%20world,Copenhagen.,-More%20items...

This is misleading as they take Spore’s cars and properties into consideration….although the living cost in Spore goes up 10-15%, it is still much cheaper than that in Australia, you can still eat your meal at coffeeshop or foodcourt for $5-6 while this will cost at least $10 in Australia….public transport fee is also 50% cheaper than that in Australia. Kopi price goes up to $1.3,  can you get such cheap price in Melbourne no way!

Even grocery shopping in Spore is 20% cheaper than that in Australia,  fruits and veggies are so cheap and fresh….the imported blueberries and strawberries at NTUC are cheaper than that in Woolworths or Coles downunder. When I shopped in supermarkets there, I have to buy fruits that are on sale. Gingers and capsicums are bloody expensive, that cost $19-29 per kg

In Spore you can eat at any restaurants for fine dinning, and it won’t cost you $100 for two…in Australia that could cost you easily $200-300

(15-03-2022, 04:43 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  In Spore you can eat at any restaurants for fine dinning, and it won’t cost you $100 for two…in Australia that could cost you easily $200-300

Singapore Govt don't even give you an egg

Have you got one from the Govt?

(15-03-2022, 04:44 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Singapore Govt don't even give you an egg

Have you got one from the Govt?

What egg? When garment gives you freebie it means they are going to tax you harder.

Australia I meant Melbourne used to be a very cheap and liveable place, not anymore, living cost goes up so fast over that past decade, property prices are pushed up ridiculously high, which contributes to the high inflation.

(15-03-2022, 04:48 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Australia I meant Melbourne used to be a very cheap and liveable place, not anymore, living cost goes up so fast over that past decade, property prices are pushed up ridiculously high, which contributes to the high inflation.

(15-03-2022, 04:45 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  What egg? When garment gives you freebie it means they are going to tax you harder.

"When the government gives you a chicken wing, they want to take away the whole chicken"

(15-03-2022, 05:11 PM)Scythian Wrote:  "When the government gives you a chicken wing, they want to take away the whole chicken"

That is true.

(15-03-2022, 05:12 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  That is true.

Clapping  Clapping

(15-03-2022, 05:12 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  That is true.

5 mio = 20%

It's more than whole Singapore's own citizens..

Will Govt increase the pension amount of our old civil servants? I doubt they are that honest.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

(15-03-2022, 06:39 PM)Scythian Wrote:  5 mio = 20%

Spore is larger than Melbourne in terms of size of the economy and population.

(15-03-2022, 06:39 PM)Scythian Wrote:  5 mio = 20%

[Image: C9-A4378-D-00-FE-4-DBF-8-DB4-66-BDAF2-DD598.png]

https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/compare/.../singapore

(15-03-2022, 06:42 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Spore is larger than Melbourne in terms of size of the economy and population.

Singapore Govt can give each Singaporean S$1000 a month no sweat lah

Instead of investing billions in India, Myanmar and Russia

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-16/m.../100912336

(15-03-2022, 06:42 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Spore is larger than Melbourne in terms of size of the economy and population.

"When PAP government gives you a chicken wing, Rotfl they want to take away the whole chicken

(17-03-2022, 12:43 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  "When PAP government gives you a chicken wing, Rotfl they want to take away the whole chicken

Not surprising, people getting poorer and poorer

CHEY!

I thought it is referring to Singapore.

But it is also my stupidity to think that PAP is so kind to own citizens.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(17-03-2022, 06:57 PM)Ola Wrote:  CHEY!

I thought it is referring to Singapore.

But it is also my stupidity to think that PAP is so kind to own citizens.

Singapore Govt will never dropped a single cent to help age pensioners.

Only taking our CPF savings out to invest oversea

Making a lot of $$$ with 15%-20% ROI yet, not paying extra profits made back to CPF members..

Just pocketing them all into own account

(18-03-2022, 12:16 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Only taking our CPF savings out to invest oversea

Making a lot of $$$ with 15%-20% ROI yet, not paying extra profits made back to CPF members..

Just pocketing them all into own account

How to move large amount of money to Australia? ATO will treat it as overseas income and tax you.

(18-03-2022, 08:23 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Singapore Govt will never dropped a single cent to help age pensioners.

What about your parents? How come you never help them in Spore?