75% Of S’poreans Polled Are Happy About The SimplyGo U-Turn

75% Of S’poreans Polled Are Happy About The SimplyGo U-Turn, Others Question Hasty Move

The saga could have been a chance for Singapore to improve its fintech infrastructure, says one commuter.

👉 https://tsl.to/simplygosentiments

@mustsharenews

I am definitely supportive of the change or non change.

I can't imagine a system you are charged for something and don't know how much you are charged and what balance you have..immmediately ..you know how much stress it is and how track.

You expect people to go over to a machine to check separately or use an app......then the gap between tapping and calling up the app is period of anxiety for many.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Imo..

EZLINK and Simplygo not much difference to consumers. 
Both have apps to check the last 30 days usage cost. You cannot be short change at all. Same as checking your credit card billing. 
Both can top up through mobile app, no need go mrt machine. 
Very good and easy to use. And convenient 👍

Only difference is EZlink can see the charges, at bus and mrt gate machine. Which I feel is unnecessary, because when boarding bus or mrt gate entry, we normally go for speed. Especially in peak hour.

Simplygo has a function that Ezlink doesn't has. It can be top up without card contact.
So you can top up for your children, parents and helper without using their Simplygo card. Even when they are not with you. 

So the hype in EZLINK card termination is strange to me. 

However LTA should not set a time frame for consumers to upgrade the EZLINK card to Simplygo. This is a unnecessary step that creat self-inflicted problem. 

Never force the mass public to perform a action/task just to fulfil your Government goals. 
And unprepare for the large inputs at one time, creating overwhelming data for machine to handle. 
Upsetting the public members queueing for hours in upgrading their EZLINK card. 

A better solution is not to renew EZLINK card once expire. Just sell Simplygo card as replacement card for commuters. 
They will not even realise EZLINK no longer for sale in MRT card office. No commotion at all..🤣

Through this way, public users will not face the anxiety in upgrade EZLINK card. No need to rush for it.
So the commuters will use Simplygo naturally as replacement. With the App for checking weekly or monthly cost usage. Enjoy the function of contactless Top up Simplygo card.

Only some commuters will miss the upfront cost reading in bus and mrt gate machine. But they have no choice, because EZLINK card no longer selling in market.

Case close. 
In future, Minister better ask me first before changing system..🤭
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post