95-year-old great-grandmother chooses to work at a coffee shop in Woodlands

💪🏼 A 95-year-old great-grandmother chooses to work at a coffee shop in Woodlands despite being retired & having children to care for her.

➡️ https://bit.ly/3wbmy66

Follow us on @mothershipsg for the latest updates.

(08-05-2022, 03:51 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  💪🏼 A 95-year-old great-grandmother chooses to work at a coffee shop in Woodlands despite being retired & having children to care for her.

➡️ https://bit.ly/3wbmy66

Follow us on @mothershipsg for the latest updates.

If she does not need the money, you think she will work at 95?

Who is PAP trying to bluff this time?
[+] 5 users Like Sentinel's post

Another article to deceive Naive 61%

Just ask those grannies, if they want to work

99.9% will say no

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

Why don't they publish article about the elderly who have to work because they need the money

This woman is just a small minority that is if her story is true

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

She said dunwan to burden her children, so ultimately still a money problem.
[+] 3 users Like Blasterlord2's post

Dont get me wrong hor

I'm not siding or pitying this old 95 year old hor

In fact, I think she deserves it

If got children, still have to work at 95, then something is not right about her genes

However, PAP must take fullest responsibility for her appalling financial situation

Because she is obviously a diehard PAP supporter

Only a diehard PAP supporter will end up like this

Cos they stupig!
[+] 3 users Like Sentinel's post

She just want to send msg that live simple live longer.retire early die early

Seniors who can walk, talk,think, read , smell, hear ... healthy generally n can work everyday with no mobility issues r indeed blessed...

U go see old folks' homes, n other homes for the aged, most if not all r lying in bed most of time.

If u dont work n use all yr senses, u will lose it ..once dementia sets in, u r as good as dead!

Go n enjoy eat n lead sedentery lives, u r finished.
[+] 1 user Likes Yin yang's post

Gov should run retirement villages (like army camps) that provide old folks with ECA to keep both their body and mind active.

Eg like this China retirement campus with low living expenses of RMB 1-2K a month:

at 95
she can still work
she is fantastic
[+] 3 users Like Talent's post

(08-05-2022, 04:45 PM)Yin yang Wrote:  Seniors who can walk, talk,think, read , smell, hear ... healthy generally  n can work everyday with no mobility issues r indeed blessed...

U go see old folks' homes, n other homes for the aged, most if not all r lying in bed most of time.

If u dont work n use all yr senses, u will lose it ..once dementia sets in, u r as good as dead!

Go n enjoy eat n lead sedentery lives, u r finished.

Why must you lead such a sad life when you can go for cruise or enjoy hobbies as an elderly?

Steady… depend on herself Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

i can never do this at age 95.
other nation person will look down on pap policy. if need to work at such old age, no meaning at all. when it times to rest, enjoy it if you can afford to, spent your time on family each day cos time is limited when U at this age. work each day will have one day less.
[+] 2 users Like jus4lucky's post

(08-05-2022, 05:56 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  i can never do this at age 95.
other nation person will look down on pap policy. if need to work at such old age, no meaning at all. when it times to rest, enjoy it if you can afford to, spent your time on family each day cos time is limited when U at this age. work each day will have one day less.

CPF money will be used up by now, ten years ago (85) gov won't take care that old lady ? No money..any help ?

Guys, do you want, if you hit 95, to work (not work for a living, but work to keep body moving) or stay at home...?

Good example is our neighbour Dr M maybe still want to lead party for next GE....

(08-05-2022, 08:03 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Good example is our neighbour Dr M maybe still want to lead party for next GE....

No forumer like to comment ?...Thread starter just keep quiet only..
[+] 1 user Likes ysh02's post

(08-05-2022, 09:11 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  No forumer like to comment ?...Thread starter just keep quiet only..

One word cost of living plus medical cost is up.
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

(08-05-2022, 04:04 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  If she does not need the money, you think she will work at 95?

She is just an average woman who has no much money to enjoy high class life style.
Still healthy, stay at home boring.
[+] 1 user Likes Oasis's post

(08-05-2022, 11:01 PM)Oasis Wrote:  She is just an average woman who has no much money to enjoy high class life style.
Still healthy, stay at home boring.

Not working means stay at home, is it?

Cannot be not working, but enjoying life like brisk walking, go karaoke, meet friends and carry great grand children, is it?
[+] 2 users Like Sentinel's post

All is fall under not stay at home.

(08-05-2022, 11:36 PM)Oasis Wrote:  All is fall under not stay at home.
? ? ?

Really Sia Suay…
Song Boh!

So old already still got to worry about $$$.
百善孝为先。
Useless children..

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

whatever
she's an inspiration

(08-05-2022, 07:58 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  Guys, do you want, if you hit 95, to work (not work for a living, but work to keep body moving) or stay at home...?

I will always work, if possible work till death. But my work is use brain one, no need to move the body  Big Grin

(08-05-2022, 07:58 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  Guys, do you want, if you hit 95, to work (not work for a living, but work to keep body moving) or stay at home...?

My uncle is above 70 years old and he still works. He doesn’t need the money but he said he’ll go crazy if he stayed at home and did nothing. When he’s not working during the weekends he does some volunteer work.

(08-05-2022, 04:04 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  If she does not need the money, you think she will work at 95?

exactly
[+] 1 user Likes Jinwului's post

(08-05-2022, 11:04 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Not working means stay at home, is it?

Cannot be not working, but enjoying life like brisk walking, go karaoke, meet friends and carry great grand children, is it?

if got money why not go holiday then to slog in hot and humid environment
[+] 1 user Likes Jinwului's post

(09-05-2022, 09:49 AM)menghuii Wrote:  whatever
she's an inspiration

My ah neh friend told me this before you never see old ppl working in India.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(08-05-2022, 04:44 PM)SeewhatLook Wrote:  She just want to send msg that live simple live longer.retire early die early

If u ever go Chengdu and go to the river (not our longkang here), every 100 ft u will see a teahouse with tons of old people. I used to go there sip tea while having my ears clean or shoulder massage.

Another popular pastime is Mahjong....also every 100 ft u can find a MJ shop where u will see 100s of old people inside.