A man, 29, was on the way to exercise when he was hit by a car in Choa Chu Kang

😢 A man, 29, was on the way to exercise when he was hit by a car in Choa Chu Kang. His family is appealing for eyewitnesses.

➡️ https://bit.ly/3IntYtw

Follow us on @mothershipsg

Sad! RIP.

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

Nowadays so many car cams, no evidence?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(08-03-2024, 08:34 AM)Fit Wrote:  Sad! RIP.

As a car driver who is on the road daily, I can testify that the number of reckless and inconsiderate motorists is on the rise. Many spend far too much time driving (PHV and taxi drivers) and some too irregularly (car lessors). Another 2 groups are the impatient and distracted (users of mobile devices) while behind the wheel. 

(08-03-2024, 08:40 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  As a car driver who is on the road daily, I can testify that the number of reckless and inconsiderate motorists is on the rise. Many spend far too much time driving (PHV and taxi drivers) and some too irregularly (car lessors). Another 2 groups are the impatient and distracted (users of mobile devices) while behind the wheel. 
The worst are taxi drivers. I wil not want to take taxi unless really very urgent. He is such a young guy. Real sad. May his soul Rest In Peace.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(08-03-2024, 09:21 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  The worst are taxi drivers. I wil not want to take taxi unless really very urgent.

I know what you mean. I have encountered so many reckless and inconsiderate cabbies while driving. I guess many of them are elderly, tired, short tempered and frustrated after spending so many hours behind the wheel.  

(08-03-2024, 09:26 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I know what you mean. I have encountered so many reckless and inconsiderate cabbies while driving. I guess many of them are elderly, tired, short tempered and frustrated after spending so many hours behind the wheel.  
Taxi drivers are very experiencing in manoeuvring their vehicle when accident abt to occur. Just look at one case of 3 students in a taxi on the way to NUS, along c’wealth ave, and accident at traffic light that killed the girl. The other guy was badly injured. That taxi driver so good in manoeuvring and escape injuries.

jaywalking ?

(09-03-2024, 12:41 PM)TopSage Wrote:  jaywalking ?

The number of jaywalkers in Little India is staggering. Have these people brought their Third World habits over to S'pore?

i always tell my family members, jaywalking is a must learn skill if u want to travel to vietnam or malaysia, but never ever run. cause you will loss your judgement

(08-03-2024, 08:40 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  As a car driver who is on the road daily, I can testify that the number of reckless and inconsiderate motorists is on the rise. Many spend far too much time driving (PHV and taxi drivers) and some too irregularly (car lessors). Another 2 groups are the impatient and distracted (users of mobile devices) while behind the wheel. 

One of my army friend suddenly wanna learn driving. He used to pass his basic theory many years back but never go practical and later take TP.

Suddenly talk about wanna learn driving he already in mid 40s . I never question him much why suddenly wanna learn driving.

Maybe he heard now a days is " easy to pass driving so he go take ? " or he intend to drive own a car ? or do PHV?

Another army friend of mine is currently doing PHV. He never own car or drive for years. Is only during Covi19 days he go apply drive as PHV till now doing full time.

(09-03-2024, 01:02 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  One of my army friend suddenly wanna learn driving. He used to pass his basic theory many years back but never go practical and later take TP.
Suddenly talk about wanna learn driving he already in mid 40s . I never question him much why suddenly wanna learn driving.Maybe he heard now a days is " easy to pass driving so he go take ? " or he intend to drive own a car ? or do PHV?Another army friend of mine is currently doing PHV. He never own car or drive for years. Is only during Covi19 days he go apply drive as PHV till now doing full time.

There are many accidents involving rental cars because the lessors are usually young and inexperienced drivers. The older lessors are those who drive only once in awhile, so are "rusty". I always give rental, off peak and Malaysian cars a wide berth.    
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(09-03-2024, 12:48 PM)TopSage Wrote:  i always tell my family members, jaywalking is a must learn skill if u want to travel to vietnam or malaysia, but never ever run. cause you will loss your judgement

Drivers and especially motorcyclists in Vietnam never stop for people at pedestrian crossings. Be extra careful over there!  

The report did not say anything but people conclude its the driver's fault.

Just let the police investigate. The car cam is a good witness recoding everything in HD.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(09-03-2024, 01:20 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Drivers and especially motorcyclists in Vietnam never stop for people at pedestrian crossings. Be extra careful over there!  

i cross through them at ease, thanks to my Geylang trained jaywalking skill

I already said many times, safety is your own personal responsibility.

Dont expect others to ensure your own safety.
不懂易经真糟糕!

Even if the car is at fault, the victim has already died. He won’t come back to life.

这世上是有坏人的,切记!
让老天来收拾这肇祸司机吧, if the SPF cannot catch the driver.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

It may not be the driver's fault, but drivers always get the blames.

Just now an old woman waited at a busy junction. She stared at my oncoming car but still moved her feet forward. Luckily her maid pulled her back. Such incidents do happen often

(09-03-2024, 02:02 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  It may not be the driver's fault, but drivers always get the blames. Just now an old woman waited at a busy junction. She stared at my oncoming car but still moved her feet forward. Luckily her maid pulled her back. Such incidents do happen often

Like it or not, there is always greater duty of care placed on the shoulders of drivers. A car may be either a vehicle that conveys people from 1 place to another, or a dangerous machine that causes death if it is in the wrong hands i.e. a terrorist, drunk or reckless driver.  

(09-03-2024, 01:30 PM)TopSage Wrote:  i cross through them at ease, thanks to my Geylang trained jaywalking skill

Geylang is a dangerous place for pedestrians as many drivers do not have their eyes on the road, but on the female "street walkers".