Actor Liu Jin Smashes iPhone In Front Of Apple Store Due To S$1.3K Repair Cost

The mobile phone was bought from an Apple store and he had only used it for a year and 19 days.

He was informed by the technician that there was an issue with the motherboard and it would cost 4,400 yuan (S$823) to get it repaired.

After checking with the customer service staff, it was confirmed that hardware-related issues would be fixed for free.

However, after a week, he received a message informing him that due to “unauthorised modifications to the phone”, he would be charged 6,960 yuan (S$1.3K) for repairs.

Despite insisting that he had never modified his phone, Liu Jin was told the conclusion "is based on factory inspection” which is final.

https://www.8days.sg/entertainment/asian...ost-818901
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

Never heard of him.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Many years ago, my son sent his iphone to Apple store to have the cracked screen replaced. They charged him S$300+. A new iphone cost only about S$1000 then. After that he never buy any Apple phone again.

i had 2 iphone. Lost one and sold one. Always Android ever since....

Smile

Kena scammed

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(21-09-2023, 09:04 AM)Niubee Wrote:  i had 2 iphone. Lost one and sold one. Always Android ever since....

My iPhone 13 Pro Max was bought by my wife. I used to be a great fan of Android phone.  Rotfl
iPhone really jialat and Cui in cut and paste function as well as night shoot.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(21-09-2023, 09:04 AM)Niubee Wrote:  i had 2 iphone. Lost one and sold one. Always Android ever since....

I just had 5 minutes interaction with a new iphone given to me and found it not user friendly. Then quickly gave back to him.    Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

I'm a hacker, iphone not suitable for my trade.

Android have many hacking tools.

My daughter gave me an iphone 4, thereafter only Android phones.

(21-09-2023, 09:40 AM)maddog Wrote:  I'm a hacker, iphone not suitable for my trade.

Android have many hacking tools.

Rotfl

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Some years ago I won an iPhone from a lucky draw and tried to sell it away, but was informed by the staff that this phone has already been activated and therefore resell value is much lower even though it has never been used. Tried a few other stalls and all said the same thing.

I thought to myself why not just take this opportunity to try iOS. After a few weeks, concluded I did not like the interface and how the fact everything is tied to the clunky iTunes software and sold it off at a low price and switched back to my Android phone.

Some of the iPhone hardcore fans told me that iOS is very stable compared to Android which hangs all the time, but to me this seems to be only Xiaomi’s and to a lesser extent Samsung's problem. Other phone brands like Vivo and Huawei never hang anyway.

(21-09-2023, 11:20 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  Some years ago I won an iPhone from a lucky draw and tried to sell it away, but was informed by the staff that this phone has already been activated and therefore resell value is much lower even though it has never been used. Tried a few other stalls and all said the same thing.

I thought to myself why not just take this opportunity to try iOS. After a few weeks, concluded I did not like the interface and how the fact everything is tied to the clunky iTunes software and sold it off at  a low price and switched back to my Android phone.

Some of the iPhone hardcore fans told me that iOS is very stable compared to Android which hangs all the time, but to me this seems to be only Xiaomi’s and to a lesser extent Samsung's problem. Other phone brands like Vivo and Huawei never hang anyway.

Samsung had this problem of continuously power up and down if it could not find network. Experienced this many times in India and once on the domestic flight. Was so worried when the phone got very hot that it may explode in the plane. So must remember to turn off the Wifi or mobile data before boarding the plane.

attention seeking drama. nothing unusual in Tiong.

(21-09-2023, 11:37 AM)Clyde Wrote:  Samsung had this problem of continuously power up and down if it could not find network. Experienced this many times in India and once on the domestic flight. Was so worried when the phone got very hot that it may explode in the plane. So must remember to turn off the Wifi or mobile data before boarding the plane.

I didn't have any heat issues with my Samsung Galaxy, what I dislike is their Android OS is heavily loaded with bloatware that cannot be deleted. Not only do these garbage take up precious disk space, they slow down the phone operation considerably.

Maybe he bought a modified faked iPhone
Usually iPhones no issues
Mine old iPhones never sell away still ok after 6 years.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Haha..typical Ah tiong....cannot afford dont buy for face value la...buy xiaomi or stupid oppo better for them