After I got my driver's license I have never driven.....

i passed test at 1st attempt

my parking skill very good

i managed to find few clue to good driving and parking while learning

(19-09-2021, 12:32 PM)Talent Wrote:  u so lousy
i passed, can drive like a pro
even in out JB due to work everyday

For a new driver to be driving like a pro ... you must be really something! To begin with, it's only natural for newbie drivers to drive cautiously or hesitantly since they're not yet familiarized with their vehicles or traffic conditions. Coupled with the initial lack of directional skills (as fresh drivers are often unsure about which route they should take), getting the jitters is perfectly normal.

Like you, I took the wheel with the ease of a seasoned driver immediately after getting my licence. The only time I got jittery was when my elder sister taught me to drive - illegally - in her manual Peugeot car in Ipoh where she lived. It took me one hell of a time to learn how to change gear by letting the clutch out smoothly. When I finally got the car moving along a quiet side street, it travelled rather unsteadily, wavering dangerously close at times to sideswiping vehicles parked at the kerbside. My sis who was giving me instructions on the passenger seat tore her hair out in frustrated rage at the near misses. It was the first and last illegal driving lesson I took, and it gave me a bad case of the jitters. I then swore that I'd take lessons from a qualified and patient instructor upon returning home.

In my experience, new drivers aren't necessarily worse drivers than experienced ones since they're more cautious like, for example, taking a couple of seconds before moving off on a roundabout or junction or wait when there's nothing to wait for at what seems like indecision. It's those careless or reckless motorists who are lousy drivers as I found out to my cost. I had two nasty accidents caused by two lousy drivers My vehicles were damaged in the two separate accidents, and in one of them I was a novice driver while the other driver was an experienced one who was charged with careless driving, fined and given demerit points.

(18-09-2021, 09:58 PM)EXBB Wrote:  Can I drive u ?

U can be his uncle

At least a class 3 so that if you want to be bus driver when you are older, can upgrade to class 4 in bus driving school... Laughing

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(18-09-2021, 07:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  8yrs ago my mom insisted that I  get driving license so I can apply to be a driver .

So I engage a driving instructor who slowly milk me dunno how many lessons teaching such a simple thing so slowly. Drag on until driving test which I passed.

From then until now I have never driven a car.
Wasted my time and money.

My lesson learn is if need to get license then go and get. Don't go and learn for nothing and waste your time.

This type of driving licence holders are the most dangerous when one day you start driving. You should re-learn the skill one day you think of beginning to drive.  

(20-09-2021, 11:09 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  At least a class 3 so that if you want to be bus driver when you are older, can upgrade to class 4 in bus driving school... Laughing

It may be a good idea to have a contingency plan to obtain a driving licence in the event of being laid off and not being able to find employment for a prolonged period of time. Drivers are always in demand here. With a driver's licence you have something to fall back on in rough times. To drive a private hire, excursion or school bus, you not only need a class 4 licence but also a Bus Driver's Vocational Licence.

I passed my class 4 driving test at the 2nd attempt 7 months after acquiring my class 3 licence, also on the 2nd attempt. Just 3 months after getting my class 4, I took my class 5 test and succeeded on my 1st attempt. My reason for getting the 2 classes of licence to drive heavy vehicles was not because I wanted a backup plan (to land a trucker job) in case of emergency, but because I've always had a hankering to manoeuvre monster trucks. It gave me a sense of control taming these absolute monsters, esp the prime mover with a trailer.

Unforunately, since driving those "L"-plate lorries for my practical driving lessons and tests, I never got to drive other big trucks except for one occasion when I borrowed a tipper truck from my friend's construction firm for a spin. Those "L"-plate trucks I drove were smaller, in size and weight, than those actual workhorses I saw plying on the roads. The prime mover is a difficult vehicle to operate because, for one, its steering wheel direction in the course of reversing is opposite of the conventional vehicle. Due to its considerable length, turning the corner is also a delicate task that requires a lot of practice. I couldn't take a prime mover for a spin as I'd need to undergo a period of training first. That would require a substantial investment of time and energy, something I could ill afford.

My accumulation of licence to drive the different classes of vehicles would not be complete without class 2 - for motorcycle. I obtained it 4 years prior to getting my class 3. "The more the merrier" is my motto.

next shd try to get a helicopter pilot lic

Sgbuffett; 8 years only get that license...still fresh lah...but why your mother don't want you to be a remisier and earn big money like buy small cap shares and hire a driver instead ?

(19-09-2021, 12:33 PM)Talent Wrote:  i passed test at 1st attempt

More important is whether u own a car..

(21-09-2021, 08:40 AM)abc123 Wrote:  More important is whether u own a car..

For people like you, cars have snob appeal but from an economic perspective, cars are a bad buy, esp here in SG where they are a depreciating asset. A financial guru who became wealthy by shrewd investment of his money in the financial markets shared that buying a car is a surefire way to lose money. He added that the money spent on a car could be put to better use by investing in something else that might yield a good return on your investment or retirement portfolio. Because buying a car ran counter to his investment strategy and to his all-consuming passion to make money, he would never buy a four-wheeler even though he could easily afford  to purchase a super car. For now he's content to take public transport and PH vehicles to get around, thank you.

Different people have different notions about the economics of buying a car. I don't know what's your thinking on this. For me, I consider a car to be a costly big-ticket item with no investment value. Scouting around for a new car was a pleasurable experience. I could afford a luxury continental car but that would entail paying higher depreciation, operational, maintenance and other costs. I was unwilling to cough up such wasteful expenditures. After all, my purpose of driving is to get from point A to point B, without ostentation. So I started to look for a happy medium between a big, fancy car with high maintenance costs and a small cheapo car with that cheap looks. In the end, I managed to strike a happy medium between affordability and luxury by choosing an inexpensive, run-of-the-mill Japanese car based on its practicality and reliability - not style - and after estimating the car's depreciation.

(19-09-2021, 12:33 PM)Talent Wrote:  i passed test at 1st attempt

Fancy yourself passing your driving test on the first attempt and reverse parking your car with the ease of an expert parker! It's no small feat considering that the majority of women have limited spatial ability.

Reverse and parallel parking requires spatial ability to estimate angles and distances, something men have in abundance. That's why men achieve greater accuracy in successfully parking their cars on the first attempt while women score lower accuracy. I've observed many members of the fair sex would prefer to park their cars in a larger space somewhere else and walk back to their destination rather than reverse park into a tight spot that doesn't have a great deal of room for manoeuvre. As a driver, you're talented!
Lightbulb 

(21-09-2021, 02:15 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  next shd try to get a helicopter pilot lic

Next is to get a pilot licence.  

(23-09-2021, 09:51 AM)webinarian Wrote:  Next is to get a pilot licence.  

my friend's daughter is a fighter helicopter pilot. very satki
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

(23-09-2021, 10:03 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  my friend's daughter is a fighter helicopter pilot. very satki

What iz a fighter helicopter? Got firepower to shoot at enemies as opposed to rescue helicopter izit?

(23-09-2021, 01:16 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  What iz a fighter helicopter? Got firepower to shoot at enemies as opposed to rescue helicopter izit?

not sure it's attack or rescue helicopter. graduate of top ivy league uni.

(23-09-2021, 01:16 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  What iz a fighter helicopter? Got firepower to shoot at enemies as opposed to rescue helicopter izit?

I think those are called attack helicopter like the Russian Alligator and US Apache...... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(23-09-2021, 09:51 AM)webinarian Wrote:  Next is to get a pilot licence.  

Piloting an airplane or copter across the sky for private pleasure seems like a more exhilarating experience than driving 4 different types of vehicles under 4 different classes for 'joyride.' No one introduced me to stuff like private jetting or seafaring adventure by yacht or boat, which were thought of as popular pastimes among the upper classes.

I grew up in a middle-class family in a quiet neighbourhood where terraced houses predominated along the roads. None of my peers and neighbours I knew had taken to the sky in a private jet nor had anyone enthused about being airborne in a light aircraft to soak up the breathtaking aerial view, though one of us had taken to horseback riding and another went climbing up cliffs without ropes and had tried skydiving.

Well, if you've got money to burn and much time for leisure, the air, water and land are your playground. And if you're fighting fit, you can try your hand at extreme sports, if you're game for it. There are endless forms of escapades for the leisured class to choose from. For the working class who don't have much spare time and are struggling to balance their professional and family commitments, their choice of leisure pursuits is narrower, Indeed, we each have our own narrow leisure time interests.

Sports occupies most of my leisure time, leaving me with little for anything else. As I liked fast commute, I took up riding and driving lessons. I'm the sort who has no patience with taking public transport. The motorbike is the fastest mode of transport as it breezes through congested traffic and gets to your destination in the shortest time. I'm a pretty fast rider and driver but I usually keep to the maximum permissible speed.