Lobsters, crabs and octopuses recognised as sentient beings

Quote:Octopuses, crabs and lobsters have feelings too, a British study has found, prompting the government in London to add the animals to the list of those protected by forthcoming laws.

Research from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) found that there was strong scientific evidence that these animals have the capacity to experience pain, distress or harm.

Thanks for verifying what Buddha has been telling us all along.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/a...tudy-finds

All living things can feel pain, plants included.

All living things have consciousness, desires, needs and are programmed to multiple.
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(21-11-2021, 06:32 PM)Sticw Wrote:  All living things can feel pain, plants included.

All living things have consciousness, desires, needs and are programmed to multiple.

Does that mean that monks and vegetarian, should not eat vegetables...? Thinking

Actually more surprises
You have 100 trillion cells.
All are Beings just like you.
On top this your servants Bacterias virus(we cannot call them yet as they are not pathogens)
and fungi are Beings and they numbers 200T in your body.

(21-11-2021, 06:36 PM)debono Wrote:  Does that mean that monks and vegetarian, should not eat vegetables...? Thinking

what will they survive on?   Thinking

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Another surprise
The highest form is Light.
Let there be light.
You and all the Beings are interacting with the informations in Light
That why u must not be lockdown.
U will die.

Do plants feel pain? Short answer: no. Plants have no brain or central nervous system, which means they can’t feel anything. 

Humans and animals perceive pain through sensory nerve cells. Plants do not have them.

(21-11-2021, 06:32 PM)Sticw Wrote:  All living things can feel pain, plants included.

I am not sure if plants can feel pain but in Buddhism they do not have Buddha nature. Hence, no matter how long, they will never be Buddhas. This is different from sentient beings who are actually future Buddhas.

oh dear, I have been walloping tonnes of little crayfish buddhas over the years  Surprised

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(21-11-2021, 07:01 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Do plants feel pain? Short answer: no. Plants have no brain or central nervous system, which means they can’t feel anything. 

Humans and animals perceive pain through sensory nerve cells. Plants do not have them.

You have given a very important theory, that plants do not have sensory nerve cells, therefore it can be eaten by anybody..... Clapping

(21-11-2021, 07:12 PM)debono Wrote:  You have given a very important theory, that plants do not have sensory nerve cells, therefore it can be eaten by anybody..... Clapping

Yet they can stay at a spot and flourish and they came b4 us.
The fungi supplying the  communications.

[Image: Screenshot-2021-11-21-at-20-14-29-PDF-Fi...cation.png]

Whatever, do abstain from sotong which is high in cholesterol.

I used to have marine shrimp in my tank. It showed some degree of intelligence interacting with me by exhibiting certain behaviour. 

Remember don't eat live prawns. It's cruelty.

(21-11-2021, 09:04 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  I used to have marine shrimp in my tank. It showed some degree of intelligence interacting with me by exhibiting certain behaviour. 

Remember don't eat live prawns. It's cruelty.

Correct, I alwaya visit Giant Wet Department and caress the live fishes. They also show some degree of intelligence interacting with me.
[+] 1 user Likes *天哥*'s post

(21-11-2021, 08:32 PM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Whatever, do abstain from sotong which is high in cholesterol.

Laughing

If a durian tree doesn't product good fruits, you start hammering coins into it. It will bear better fruits.

If a tree doesn't bear flowers or fruits, you try chopping it slowly day by day, you will notice it will flower and bear fruits.

You ever kept desert flower (富贵花)?I ever cut off all the branches cos they turn soft and doesn't flower. Stuff the cut branches into soil and within days, one of the branches started flowering. Kept that branch and it grew into a huge plant that constantly flowers.

Every living thing can feel pain and have many secrets and desire. Just that they don't speak our language or that we do not understand them enough.

That's why you seek knowledge before anything...

Cheers.
[+] 2 users Like Sticw's post

(21-11-2021, 08:32 PM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Whatever, do abstain from sotong which is high in cholesterol.

You are right, it is the LDL in sotong that is the culprit and it can lead to heart attacks and strokes.... Laughing

The actual way is to only consume the declining. There is no way mortal can survive without taking another life. That's how this reality is. So what does consuming the declining means?

Everything goes through birth, growth, decline and death. So for vegetables you can consume them after they have flowered and passed their prime. You can consume their fruits for that is a by product so that you can then help them spread their seed.

For animals, you can consume when they have matured and likely done their duty to father the next generations. Else you can consume their dead bodies after their have given up on their last breath (even Buddhist can consume meat, just not kill another for the meat).

Food for thoughts...

https://youtu.be/09nohZUu0Ms?t=395

(21-11-2021, 09:26 PM)Sticw Wrote:  If a durian tree doesn't product good fruits, you start hammering coins into it. It will bear better fruits.

If a tree doesn't bear flowers or fruits, you try chopping it slowly day by day, you will notice it will flower and bear fruits.

You ever kept desert flower (富贵花)?I ever cut off all the branches cos they turn soft and doesn't flower. Stuff the cut branches into soil and within days, one of the branches started flowering. Kept that branch and it grew into a huge plant that constantly flowers.

Every living thing can feel pain and have many secrets and desire. Just that they don't speak our language or that we do not understand them enough.

That's why you seek knowledge before anything...

Cheers.

This I believe cos in the past, I chopped a soursop tree, cos it doesn't bear fruit, even though it is a matured tree. After chopping the branches it suddenly bore fruits... Clapping

Sugar also can cause heart attack

So have lesser meat. Refrain from eating live sea food. Thumbsup

Das why I remember the BUDDHA as Siddhartha Gotama
His mother called him Siddhart and I want to call him too