Cost of living likely a major pressure point in 2022, says WP Pritam Singh

Cost of living likely a major pressure point in 2022, says WP Pritam Singh

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...itam-singh
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

We know dat.
we want technical details why
so we can gauge him
[+] 2 users Like singlon's post

(31-12-2021, 07:23 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Cost of living likely a major pressure point in 2022, says WP Pritam Singh

This will be WPs stance for the public at large..... crying
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Which year living costs in Spore isn't pressure point  Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Galilo_l's post

I'd think that LMW is a better person to badger the govt over the gst hikes. At least he's persistent and insistent. Often, when WP raised an issue, PAP will reply and then WP will be like, 'oh ok, you have got it work out' and put the matter at rest.
[+] 3 users Like Blasterlord2's post

WP needs to seize on this and the GST issue. Make smart arguments around it. Else WP will always be on the defensive around trivial issues such as the RK saga.
[+] 2 users Like starbugs's post

(31-12-2021, 07:50 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I'd think that LMW is a better person to badger the govt over the gst hikes. At least he's persistent and insistent. Often, when WP raised an issue, PAP will reply and then WP will be like, 'oh ok, you have got it work out' and put the matter at rest.

Upz u 1 pt for posting dis final truism of 2021. WP is NATO and sometimes not dat even. They are more interested in woke topics dan bread and butter issues which PSP is focused on. Vote for fearless and big hearted LMW and team if you have a chance.  They represent the grassroots and are not intimidated by PAPayas elitist attitudes.  Mun Wai is the little engine that could.  Clapping Thumbsup

废话. ....

(31-12-2021, 07:23 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Cost of living likely a major pressure point in 2022, says WP Pritam Singh

How to believe u ?

WP can only sound the bell but are lousy in debate. They are weak in cut and thrust unlike LMW. In the end, they always shut up and accept what pap want to do. Of course WP is better than no opposition.

we cannot paid high salary to all minister. totally absurd. we are suffering and yet we need to paid their high salary. cost of living is jack up if not for them.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

Useless WP, cant even delay the GST hike.

Will Pritam be still around in 2022? If kena impeached over RK's lies how?...... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(31-12-2021, 11:42 PM)mikotan Wrote:  Useless WP, cant even delay the GST hike.

How to delay when WP don't have any power in parliament? People scared to vote more opposition into parliament.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(01-01-2022, 06:38 AM)winbig Wrote:  How to delay when WP don't have any power in parliament? People scared to vote more opposition into parliament.

Yup lor .... ethics and moral being held ransom

Going up but we can make a balance to bring some costing down for middle class people is essential.

(31-12-2021, 09:46 PM)Instinct Wrote:  WP can only sound the bell but are lousy in debate. They are weak in cut and thrust unlike LMW. In the end, they always shut up and accept what pap want to do. Of course WP is better than no opposition.
If i am the ruling party, i love this opposition. 
Voted into parliament by people of the same mental wavelength. So all happy..

PS is rather slow to say this...he should ask himself how come he won big in 2020....one of the reasons is salaries for many Singaporeans had not kept up with cost of living increase.

It has gotten worse every year. I can predict WP win even more seats in 2024....WP will win so many seats it will be afraid of winning as it is not ready to take over problems the PAP created.

With every year there is less and less to lose by voting for the opposition. PAP is not adept at keeping cost of living down just look at medical cost and housing cost.

The PAP only has one trick and that trick is to import people to keep economy growing. When economy grows it will have some money to placate the dissatisfaction of the masses. But this trick is broken....the gaps are far bigger than what it can fill.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(01-01-2022, 01:10 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  PS is rather slow to say this...he should ask himself how come he won big in 2020....one of the reasons is salaries for many Singaporeans had not kept up with cost of living increase.

It has gotten worse every year. I can predict WP win even more seats in 2024....WP will win so many seats it will be afraid of winning as it is not ready to take over problems the PAP created.

With every year there is less and less to lose by voting for the opposition. PAP is not adept at keeping cost of living down just look at medical cost and housing cost.

The PAP only has one trick and that trick is to import people to keep economy growing. When economy grows it will have some money to placate the dissatisfaction of the masses. But this trick is broken....the gaps are far bigger than what it can fill.
Medical costs and housing costs are at it's highest....No wonder some say that in Singapore one can afford to die but cannot afford to be sick..... Clapping Angry

THATS IS WHY WE NEED OPP PARTIES TO CHECK ON PAP GROWING TOO ARROGANT DONT BOTHER N CARE LESS FOR THE ORDINARIES

(01-01-2022, 01:18 PM)debono Wrote:  Medical costs and housing costs are at it's highest....No wonder some say that in Singapore one can afford to die but cannot afford to be sick..... Clapping Angry

Agree that medical costs here are sky high here. Just heard recently of a wisdom tooth extraction costing $2K and a non-wisdom tooth extraction at $1.7K !!!
And a gastrocolonscopy by a private doc will cost $4K+ to 6K (BKK private hospital only charge $1K to 1.2K).
Think many will have to consider retiring overseas in the coming years if they want to maintain a decent standard of living.

https://camillianhospital.org/en/package...lonoscopy/

This is what I call "dancing to the gallery".

He does not know what is "cost of living" until he has lived in Vietnam, Cambodia....and then he realises that the purchasing power parity is poles apart.  Things might be cheaper than, IF YOU spend Singdollars there, but based on what the locals earn there, their cost of living is damn freaking high man.