"Ah Cai" Duan Wei Ming amputated leg due to diabetes

[Image: ZB_0919_CJ_doc7msb2nckhptxr0tz6nh_171639...9k_WVwIlqf]

[Image: ZB_0919_CJ_doc7msdpt5mp9h18r63o1pe_17202...5YjxR_6kiX]

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/entertainment/...19-1314458
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/e...ot-have-to

He celebrated his diabetes too early

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Never heard of him before until now.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Become 傅红雪。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabetes-the...for%20good.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

This is neither uncommon nor shocking...

I stay in a very old block of flats with many elderlly. Diabetes is a common problem and progresses to stages where person requires amputation. The other is kidney failure.

Humans today if not controlled intake 50 times the sugar compared with 100yrs ago. Our bodies cannot take this level. 100yrs ago we worked as laborers and walk much more.Today we work in office sit on our butts all day.

Sugary drinks, white rice, ..but it is in everything chilli source, cakes, etc ..

For some people even a normal diet causes diabetes. Because the modern nromal diet is actually not so normal.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(19-09-2022, 07:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This is neither uncommon nor shocking...

I stay in a very old block of flats with many elderly. Diabetes is a common problem and progresses to stages where person requires amputation. The other is kidney failure.

Humans today if not controlled intake 50 times the sugar compared with 100yrs ago. Our bodies cannot take this level. 100yrs ago we worked as laborers and walk much more.Today we work in office sit on our butts all day.

Sugary drinks, white rice, ..but it is in everything chilli source, cakes, etc ..

For some people even a normal diet causes diabetes. Because the modern normal diet is actually not so normal.

Hello Kevin  Laughing

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

One of my in laws have to prick himself daily. Wah seh I dunno how he can tahan.

(19-09-2022, 07:12 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Never heard of him before until now.

[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

sad, really sad
[+] 1 user Likes menghuii's post

Diabetes is real. Many comments above is worrying, because those are not the right way to manage diabetes.

60 years old loook so Old like 80...

i think he had very poor health management

Must exercise regularly and cut down in sugary drinks. This wil help to prevent having diabetes. But, lots of elderlies are too stubborn. But, having diabetes cud also be hereditary.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(19-09-2022, 10:00 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  Must exercise regularly and cut down in sugary drinks. This wil help to prevent having diabetes. But, lots of elderlies are too stubborn.  But, having diabetes cud also be hereditary.

Exercise yes. No. 1. I exercise a few hours a day. Minimum 2 hours.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

Diabetes slowly eatup yr body

Smile

Many jokers with diabetes still anyhow eat and never exercise, and definitely never measure blood glucose level. I am shocked some doctors tell patient not to measure blood glucose level. Uniquely Singapore.

(19-09-2022, 09:54 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  60 years old loook so Old like 80...

i think he had very poor health management

Post your photo here and see how old you are lor!  Big Grin

Actually, it is not true that nowadays there are more diabetes cases. In fact, diabetes cases were high all along but went unnoticed because last time people hardly went for annual blood test. It was only about last 10 or 15 years that people became more health conscious and started checking their blood sugar. ..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(19-09-2022, 10:14 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Exercise yes. No. 1. I exercise a few hours a day. Minimum 2 hours.

You think everyone so free like you meh.

Xylitol  木糖醇

Hits home the hard truth 生老病死 inescapable, seeing his acting since he youngish
[+] 1 user Likes lylcnn's post

New rich citizens are already buying condos at $2000/psf, we are way behind, for god sake, don't show this kind of 废人
[+] 1 user Likes freedom's post

Moral of story?  Don’t act in mediacorp tv series or you may get your leg amputated Big Grin

(19-09-2022, 07:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This is neither uncommon nor shocking...

I stay in a very old block of flats with many elderlly. Diabetes is a common problem and progresses to stages where person requires amputation. The other is kidney failure.

For some people even a normal diet causes diabetes. Because the modern nromal diet is actually not so normal.

100 years ago. most people died before 50 , therefore no such problem.

(19-09-2022, 10:18 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Diabetes slowly eatup yr body

Yes. We all must stand up to fight this common Diabetes. is a common problem and progresses to stages where person requires amputation and other is kidney failure.

(19-09-2022, 02:58 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  Yes. We all must stand up to fight this common Diabetes. is a common problem and progresses to stages where person requires amputation and other is kidney failure.
crying No Cure. Can Only Prevent.
[+] 1 user Likes Teeth53's post

My neighbour also like that

He around 40+ years old

From being very fat to Both legs gone

Sell his condo and car and then passed on

after 5 years

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(19-09-2022, 04:00 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  crying No Cure. Can Only Prevent.
I dun believe this. At the outset of the disease, can find a cure for it through herbs.

(19-09-2022, 05:10 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I dun believe this. At the outset of the disease, can find a cure for it through herbs.

I eat 300 to 500gof carbs a day. But I exercise 4 hours daily. This is the cure.

(19-09-2022, 07:12 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I eat 300 to 500gof carbs a day. But I exercise 4 hours daily. This is the cure.

You're training to be iron man huh?