Alibaba plunged 9.4% in morning trade because of news of 'Ma'

Bu has since recovered after government's correction.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/stocks/...ased-us26b

Alibaba stock moves easily on any rumors news or actions by govt

Alibaba is like person under a sword. The sword is controlled by the power of CCP. CCP can destroy any business or industry it chooses in China. Just like what they did to private tuition industry, online celebrity selling goods, gaming etc. They can arrest anyone and press charges.

[Image: wOiGgVl.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(03-05-2022, 12:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Alibaba stock moves easily on any rumors news or actions by govt

Alibaba is like person under a sword. The sword is controlled by the power of CCP. CCP can destroy any business or industry it chooses in China. Just like what they did to private tuition industry.

While that is true, the same is happening now in NYSE, with all the threats to delist China companies. So Alibaba is under the sword from both China and US regulators.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Sgbutt, before u accuse... know the direction of the economy.

Internet biz has not much innovation but a parasite medium which people uses as middlemen to suck from retails and industries.

Smile

(03-05-2022, 12:04 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  While that is true, the same is happening now in NYSE, with all the threats to delist China companies. So Alibaba is under the sword from both China and US regulators.

Who actually cares where the stock is listed.
The US stock is fungible and can be moved to HKSE by pay $8.

Already most of Alibaba stock is now in HKSE.

Where a company's stock is listed does not change its profits or business one bit.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(03-05-2022, 12:06 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Sgbutt, before u accuse... know the direction of the economy.

Internet biz has not much innovation but a parasite medium which people uses as middlemen to suck from retails and industries.

just like u suck Sodumb? Laughing

(03-05-2022, 12:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Alibaba stock moves easily on any rumors news or actions by govt

Alibaba is like person under a sword. The sword is controlled by the power of CCP. CCP can destroy any business or industry it chooses in China. Just like what they did to private tuition industry, online celebrity selling goods, gaming etc. They can arrest anyone and press charges.

isn't it quite the same everywhere.

What they did to the tuition industry and gaming is good for the people. Capitalist countries don't dare to do the correct things because they're held ransom by the ultra-rich.

[Image: Screenshot-20220503-122317-Maps.jpg]

this morning drove past didn't see this sign anymore. see see pee not happy and asked to remove it?

(03-05-2022, 12:17 PM)pervertosan Wrote:  just like u suck Sodumb? Laughing

If u love to lick FA shithole... go ahead. Nobody stopping u.. Confused

Smile

(03-05-2022, 12:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Who actually cares where the stock is listed.
The US stock is fungible and can be moved to HKSE by pay $8.

Already most of Alibaba stock is now in HKSE.

Where a company's stock is listed does not change its profits or business one bit.
Well, you posted "Alibaba is like person under a sword. The sword is controlled by the power of CCP"..

The next moment you say who actually cares where the stock is listed.. So a sword controlled by CCP is a sword, a 'sword' controlled by US/NYSE is a toy?

Can make up your mind on your point?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Softbank's stake in Alibaba is equivalent to approximately 25% of the company; it is Alibaba's largest shareholder.

Alibaba co-founder and vice-chair Joseph Tsai is the second-largest shareholder in the company, with 11.9% of the outstanding stock. Tsai is a Taiwanese-Canadian businessman

(03-05-2022, 02:00 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Well, you posted "Alibaba is like person under a sword. The sword is controlled by the power of CCP"..

The next moment you say who actually cares where the stock is listed.. So a sword controlled by CCP is a sword, a 'sword' controlled by US/NYSE is a toy?

Can make up your mind on your point?

The power of CCP over alibaba is far greater than the negligible.powef of US govt. CCP can kill Alibaba business anytime if it chooses to...US govt. Cannot touch most of Alibaba's  business.

Where stock is listed is a non issue since Alibaba has dual listing its not a problem

(03-05-2022, 02:05 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Softbank's stake in Alibaba is equivalent to approximately 25% of the company; it is Alibaba's largest shareholder.

Alibaba co-founder and vice-chair Joseph Tsai is the second-largest shareholder in the company, with 11.9% of the outstanding stock. Tsai is a Taiwanese-Canadian businessman

So what is the point?

9988 holding verywell at 100HK today...may have another surge to break the 79 weekly bars down trend...if can break will goes up strongly.

(03-05-2022, 03:08 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  9988 holding verywell at 100HK today...may have another surge to break the 79 weekly bars down trend...if can break will goes up strongly.

Keep on dreaming

(03-05-2022, 03:15 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Keep on dreaming

Cheong soon this week.. alibaba Will be Privatise soon at 188.

Keep fighting over where alibaba will head. I bought more today...my prevous purchase was HK$88.

You can wish me losses if it makes you happy...talk and argue all you want but no real action?....

[Image: RXQyjjQ.jpg]

It's a long 18 months drop that seems like eternity for traders but for very long term investors it is 10pages of a Harry porter novel.

[Image: lLUhu56.jpg]

Wish u have tons of luck! Personally, tink it will go down further . Reason, govt do not want foreigners who r big shareholders.
Govt wud prefer to protect promote baidu, tencent , tik tok etc with no big foreign investors.

(03-05-2022, 12:24 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  What they did to the tuition industry and gaming is good for the people. Capitalist countries don't dare to do the correct things because they're held ransom by the ultra-rich.

The can also go after fast food companies for selling unhealthy food. They can go after beer or alcohol drink makers for causing people to be drunk, they can go after luxury goods companies for spreading wrong values, they can go after many industries and companies.....to purge...
The mindset has no limits

Story as told by Master Leong

buy the long dlc will give more bang

(03-05-2022, 03:33 PM)Yin yang Wrote:  Wish u have tons of luck! Personally, tink it will go down further . Reason, govt do not want foreigners who r big shareholders.
Govt wud prefer to protect promote baidu, tencent , tik tok etc with no big foreign investors.

Every successful developed country when they list a company they want as much foreign capital to come and own it as possible.....why? ....if a govt does not know why it is an incompetent narrow minded govt.

When q company becomes successful it does not matter who owns it ...it creates thousands of high quality jobs that is how the beenfit filters down to society. The actual bulk of the ownership belongs to just a few people....a govt main concern should be creating conditions for successful companies to emerge.

Singapore became rich and successful on the investments of multinationals owned by foreigners. It was not important whether Sungaporeans own them but the jobs they created and the skills transfer that took place.

(03-05-2022, 03:48 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Story as told by Master Leong

Incidentally Master Leong is a world class talent who is top Migick Gathering card player. He also achieved world class standard for.poker.

He is now a full time investor. He is risk taker who bought hundreds of thousands worth of Alibaba using margin. It is not something I will emulate but will keep watch as we don't get to see investors with world class skills up close. I believe he will eventually make millions or go broke as he is completely fearless.

so dangerous you still buy?  Huh

(03-05-2022, 04:10 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Singapore became rich and successful on the investments of multinationals owned by foreigners. It was not important whether Sungaporeans own them but the jobs they created and the skills transfer that took place.

You seem to forget that strategically important companies are Sg govt owned or govt with controlling stakes.

(03-05-2022, 04:26 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  You seem to forget that strategically important companies are Sg govt owned or govt with controlling stakes.

Except for defense ...everything else was unnecessary last time I heard SIA had local and foreign shares foreigners can only buy foreign shares. Looking back we should have let foreigners buy more ...instead of Singaporeans losing so much.

In US there was big concern Sony bought Columbia pictures and universal etc ....it turned out not only they over paid the  industry was is in decline and  giants like Netflix etc would emerge.

(03-05-2022, 04:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Except for defense ...everything else was unnecessary last time I heard SIA had local and foreign shares foreigners can only buy foreign shares. Looking back we should have let foreigners buy more ...instead of Singaporeans losing so much.

I am talking about controlling stakes!

SIA, DBS, Singtel, SPower, PSA, CAAS, SPH, MediaCorp,  ST....., etc. etc.

可能是马云?阿里股价暴跌,杭州国家安全局逮捕,勾结境外反华敌对势力,颠覆国家政权的马某某!中国广大网友的评论说明了一件事!任何”汉奸走狗”数典忘祖的东西我们绝不放过,站在民族利益对立面都是我们的敌人!