Serious warning! US Office REITs will crash for violating loan covenants.BEWARE!!

Bank own property market

in return property market own business owners keep increase rental

EPIC all will be leaving SG move to cheaper alternative like MY , Thailand , etc at least their rental is cheaper than in SG

Somemore now come work not necessary need so much man power to do paper work etc with the help of AI etc.

(27-03-2023, 02:20 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Manulife US Reit's problems were totally avoidable, but the Reit manager was derelict. Even before the issues arose, they should have started to retain 10% from payout to pare down debts, adopted distribution reinvestment scheme and perhaps sold a property from the portfolio. Instead the reit manager just sat and did nice powerpoint slides.

The Manulife insurance cut bonus dividend two times in five years....

still early days.... world Banking crisis
cannot escape
West next is to apply pressure on Belarus Sanctions
this no On one hand On the other type

funny I read somewhere WesternFront escapes to Asia and one of the prominent place mentioned is Singapore

u can see in this upper theatre where Switzerland is found wanting cannot perform
in her core it is still US corporation Dola
West surrounds Russia with nukes and when she does the same they shout foul.
On International laws Russians in Donbass had been complaining to ICC for 8yrs from 2014
nothing happen. Now want to arrest Putin.
They will pay with their lives.

even How dare u Geger kena from Cristy Ai (China girl) working for RT that with less CO2 less foods for mankind.

This one will collapse soon as valuation has fallen so much the loan collateral is not sufficient .....on the next revision of property valuation the loan covenants likely to be breached.

[Image: xtfKUfs.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(27-03-2023, 01:20 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Earlier I highlighted the risk of Office REITs based in US violating loan covenants. At some time these terms will be triggered and the REITs will collapse suddenly

Manulife REITs is very risky. Although we don't know the exact details of each and every loan they sign up for
 It is common or rather standard practice for loan covenants to  be included and these can trigger a sudden  collapse 

Today down 16%. If I have any I will just sell when it has some.vakue. take the money us better than left with nothing.
[Image: bgz8Apy.jpg]

This one is a goner ....

The other one called Prime as a 40% chance of survival....it has a chance only if interest rates are cut soon....

[Image: BRaxfSy.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

😁 😃 😄 🤑 🤑 🤑 🤪 《 《 《 ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Date: 10-May-2023 08:40 on Sasseur REIT news.

What a surprisre 1Q DPU 1.849 Cents announced which is highest among all the 1Q in the past. 

This counter will never dissapointing me.  Clapping

(10-05-2023, 04:42 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  😁 😃 😄 🤑 🤑 🤑 🤪 《 《 《 ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Date: 10-May-2023 08:40 on Sasseur REIT news.

What a surprisre 1Q DPU 1.849 Cents announced which is highest among all the 1Q in the past. 

This counter will never dissapointing me.  Clapping
Sasseur REIT news
"
Dated to morning 08-05-2023 On Sharejunction.. 😊 

Consumption posted the 😊 🤑 🤩 strongest rebound.

Retail sales 🤑 jumped 10.6% in March from a year earlier, the highest level of growth since June 2021.

In January to March months, retail🤑 sales grew 5.8%, mainly lifted by a surge in revenue from the catering service industry...🤩

The combination of a steady uptick in consumer confidence🤪 as well as the still-incomplete release of pent-up demand suggest to us that the consumer-led recovery still has room to run.  

Said Louise Loo, Thanks to China lead economist"

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-How-Come-Nobody

Wants-to-Join-Sharejunction-Forum?page=2#:~:text=Dated%20to%2008,China%C2%A0lead%C2%A0economist

Manulife will collapse soon in q matter of days. If have nay just cash out and get something back

[Image: SNdOUA9.jpg]

It is reported today that Manulife Reits has violated its loan covenants.

[Image: UPKj3DF.jpg]

The US property market is big. Most staff work from home. The offices are empty.

Long ago there were US Reits, then it crashed out and disappeared. It makes a comeback. Now, going out again?

Like I explained 10 months go, these covenants are like hidden timebombs.

To get cheap loans the company can sign all sorts of loan covenants and shareholders have no clue what they sign off.

Some covenants allow the creditor to confiscate the property and sell it off once the rental income falls below a threshold etc.

So it is a ticking time bomb.

I am surprised no analysts uncovered this.

(14-08-2023, 06:50 PM)theold Wrote:  The US property market is big. Most staff work from home. The offices are empty.

Long ago there were US Reits, then it crashed out and disappeared. It makes a comeback. Now, going out again?

The issue u highlight isomething else. 

While they are affected by the work from home trend, they are jn trouble because of loan covenants which accelerate their downfall and die more easily.

I am surprised such tricks escape our regulators and the company can just hide it until it exploded like a time bomb.

Latest news is Manulife REITs will sell its crown jewel Parkland Office back to parent company Maual Life for same price it was injected ...and take a loan with 10% interest rate ....the money will be used ro negotiate with banks to waive covenants for them to take for of that mksny for loan repayments.

This is a shit deal that wipes put the residual value of the REITs.

SGX is really incompetent to allow such a reit to ever list on the exchange with covenant ladened loans that can just implode. The authorities jn Singapore in their eagerness to get more reits onto the stock exchange have failed to do their regulatory work ....

Itvwas a foreseeable disaster....i warned of this more than 1 yr ago.

(10-05-2023, 03:32 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This one is a goner ....

The other one called Prime as a 40% chance of survival....it has a chance only if interest rates are cut soon....

[Image: BRaxfSy.jpg]

Given fed has pivoted....like I explained earlier between Manulife and Prime...Prime has a chance to survive provided rates start going down.

I did a more detailed study of its assets, the odds of survival and recovery has improved for Prime the outside chance for survival appears improved.

Manulife on the other hand is dead as the sponsor offers a raw dead that permanent wipes away moat of the reits remaining value.

[Image: XqX9Iju.jpg]

(14-12-2023, 02:04 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Given fed has pivoted....like I explained earlier between Manulife and Prime...Prime has a chance to survive provided rates start going down.

I did a more detailed study of its assets, the odds of survival and recovery has improved for Prime the outside chance for survival appears improved.

Manulife on the other hand is dead as the sponsor offers a raw dead that permanent wipes away moat of the reits remaining value.

Already rallied 100% since Nov 23 in anticipation of rate cut. U really think still can buy?

(14-12-2023, 02:04 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Given fed has pivoted....like I explained earlier between Manulife and Prime...Prime has a chance to survive provided rates start going down.

This Prime reits almost died but did not because fed will start cutting rates next year and the stock pit in a bottom. Although it has rallied from the lows so long as it can maintain current dividend the stock should be able to claw back some of its losses.

Up > 10% since I last pointed it put. While still risky, it has a decent chance of pulling through
[Image: 9xYpRhB.jpg]

(19-12-2023, 04:05 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This Prime reits almost died but did not because fed will start cutting rates next year and the stock pit in a bottom. Although it has rallied from the lows so long as it can maintain current dividend the stock should be able to claw back some of its losses.

Up > 10% since I last pointed it put. While still risky, it has a decent chance of pulling through
[Image: 9xYpRhB.jpg]

How’s your recommendation stock pick for the year Q&M doing?