All companies in S'pore with foreign workers must pay local employees minimum

All companies in S'pore with foreign workers must pay local employees minimum qualifying salary of S$1,400 - Mothership.SG - News from Singapore, Asia and around the world
https://mothership.sg/2022/02/companies-...kers-1-4k/

Welcome this move.
$1400 for a worker who is single  can still save some money.

But this is same salary I got when working fast food more than 10yrs ago. Transport cost has gone up.

If keep monthly expensed down to $300 month can try to save around $600 with some going into CPF.

After 10yrs should have around $70K..which is quite a lot ...

However during the10yrs try not to get sick because it will eat into savings and reduce it sharply.

To keep expenses down ...try not to take bus or eat out pack home cooked food food to bring to work. Buy second hand things to keep expenses down. Use LED bulbs at home to keep electric bills down and track how much younuse and try to cut down. Invest in a bicycle so all trips under 5km can cycle and save on bus fare.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

After the Olympic Shoot Blank Queen, now Singapore have a participant for Paralympics.

The same 12 YEAR old problem which is much worsER now, is the FTs issue, not FWs.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

The payment will trigger revise of payroll ?

(19-02-2022, 09:00 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Welcome this move.

But this is same salary I got when working fast food more than 10yrs ago. Transport cost has gone up.

If keep monthly expensed down to $300 month can try to save around $600 with some going into CPF.

However during the10yrs try not to get sick because it will eat into savings and reduce it sharply.

To keep expenses down ...try not to take bus or eat out pack home cooked food food to bring to work. Buy second have things to keep expenses down. Use LED bulbs at home to keep electric bills down and track how much younuse and try to cut down. Invest in a bicycle so all trips under 5km can cycle and save on bus fare.

salute you, you are the extreme. 太抠了
[+] 1 user Likes sclim's post

Inflation coming.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(19-02-2022, 10:56 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Inflation coming.

They raise GST to support their Progressive Wage Model for a few Unwanted Lousy Jobs.

To help a small group of 1,000+  LWs.  

GST increase already made live miserable for the poor and average families.

Worst, it will cause further Inflation for all of us.

[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

Minimum wage but no incremental raise to counter inflation n cost of living going up over incoming years  Rolleyes

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

(19-02-2022, 07:56 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  All companies in S'pore with foreign workers must pay local employees minimum qualifying salary of S$1,400 - Mothership.SG - News from Singapore, Asia and around the world
https://mothership.sg/2022/02/companies-...kers-1-4k/

$1400 after 20% CPF ….. cash in hand, you have $1120 … look at yourself, can you live on that?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Tangsen's post

(19-02-2022, 12:11 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  $1400 after 20% CPF ….. cash in hand, you have $1120 … look at yourself, can you live on that?

yes it is possible if single should be able to save $600 a month if you keep expenses below $300.

i did it. so inconvenience like i go JB for dental but can be done.

last month i spend $280 total (necessities)but because i stay at home .

my advice is keep journal on what u spend on and cut down unnecessary. tgere are many things you dont need...just keep reducing.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(19-02-2022, 01:02 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  yes it is possible if single should be able to save $600 a month if you keep expenses below $300.

my advice is keep journal on what u spend on and cut down unnecessary. tgere are many things you dont need...just keep reducing.

TRANSPORT cost cut 
How about pub bill? 
Not to mention if you got chronic illness...then how?

(19-02-2022, 09:00 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Welcome this move.

To keep expenses down ...try not to take bus or eat out pack home cooked food food to bring to work. Buy second hand things to keep expenses down. Use LED bulbs at home to keep electric bills down and track how much younuse and try to cut down. Invest in a bicycle so all trips under 5km can cycle and save on bus fare.

Your monthly expenses include electricity, water, broadband, hp, insurance bills or not? How can it be $300?
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(19-02-2022, 01:02 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  yes it is possible if single should be able to save $600 a month if you keep expenses below $300.

because you hopeless no life fugg … live your life like living in jail. I propose a better plan for you lah. Go touch a boy boy KKJ in the public toilet you get free staycation in Resort De Changi … everything free. No worries no rotan for you, you old froggie.  Clap

(19-02-2022, 01:08 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Your monthly expenses include electricity, water, broadband, hp, insurance bills or not? How can it be $300?

He talk Kok one lah ….. you think he actually sgbuffet … he is sgbodoh

10 years ago,in previous sgtalk forum,I already said PAP would implement minimum wage later because this is what other countries have been doing to help the poor.

PAP always waited until no choice, then implement min wage.
It means PAP needs competition in parliament to improve or else PAP will not care until no choice
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(19-02-2022, 01:21 PM)forum456 Wrote:  10 years ago,in previous sgtalk forum,I already said PAP would implement minimum wage later because this is what other countries have been doing to help the poor.

PAP always waited until no choice, then implement min wage.
It means PAP needs competition in parliament to improve or else PAP will not care until no choice

one word LAZY and they Want to " stay in their comfort zone "
This is why their civil servants daily chill around.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(19-02-2022, 09:15 AM)Ola Wrote:  After the Olympic Shoot Blank Queen, now Singapore have a participant for Paralympics.

The same 12 YEAR old problem which is much worsER now, is the FTs issue, not FWs.

Absolutely. It is the FT issue, not FW.
[+] 2 users Like SGSeniorCitizen1952's post

Why PAP must always target FWs?

They also set BOTH Quota & Levies on FWs concurrently where only one whip is needed.

FWs are hired in large groups in shipyard, Town Council cleaning, NEA Tree cutting . .

So they themselves came up with Progressive Wage Model, ownself rah- rah. ownself say pay locals for those unwanted lousy jobs for $1400/ mth.

So are they working for our interest?

[Image: MOM-PWM-for-cleaners.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post