All schools are good schools? Don't believe that s h i t.

https://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/07/...-dont.html

In top sch, yr score of 90/100 isn't gd enough. The teachers will call up yr parents and tell them to tell you to work harder

the late Creative boss Mr. Sim W H from lousy skool.

it is the individual abilities not the skool.

(23-05-2024, 08:11 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  the late Creative boss Mr. Sim W H from lousy skool. it is the individual abilities not the skool.

The late Sim W H is unfortunately, an outlier.  Almost all medical, dental and law students in NUS come from elite schools. 

(23-05-2024, 07:41 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  In top sch, yr score of 90/100 isn't gd enough. The teachers will call up yr parents and tell them to tell you to work harder

All my children were in elite schools from secondary to JC/IB. Only once did the principal and/or teacher summon me and my wife when my second child's grades nosedived and he was caught playing truant. 

My son's classmates chose to go to neighbourhood secondary school and JC to save on travelling expense and time. They top the school and achieved Highest Distinction in NUS.

Elite schools always force the students to spend money buying those expensive useless school/cca t-shirts.

(22-05-2024, 11:54 PM)pinkypanther Wrote:  https://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/07/...-dont.html

It’s true. People who drive Land Rover are freaking rich because they must own at least 3: one to drive while one is in the Singapore dealer workshop while the third is on the ship to England for radiator replacement and cooling hoses repair.

(23-05-2024, 08:58 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The late Sim W H is unfortunately, an outlier.  Almost all medical, dental and law students in NUS come from elite schools. 

That statement was typical of deniers and copists… they always like to quote outliers to prove some point of theirs

Mine is catholic school should be good 😊

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(22-05-2024, 11:54 PM)pinkypanther Wrote:  https://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/07/...-dont.html

My school is good Thumbs_up  lah! Big Grin But I'm bad Thumbs_down  lah!

(23-05-2024, 09:43 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Mine is catholic school should be good 😊

Catholic schools are just another Christian denomination school, plenty of others like Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian etc. It doesn’t mean that just because it’s Catholic means it has to be good.

(23-05-2024, 11:18 AM)goodboy Wrote:  Catholic schools are just another Christian denomination school, plenty of others like Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian etc. It doesn’t mean that just because it’s Catholic means it has to be good.

My brothers and I all attended mission schools in S'pore after my parents moved from Malaysia in the early 1970s. We noticed that many Muslim parents also sent their sons to this school, and most of these same students opted for the affiliated JC as well.

All schools are good schools, got toilets and canteen. It's the attitude of the students that sucks.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(23-05-2024, 09:43 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Mine is catholic school should be good 😊

Your best example to learn from is Mr Suay

"Cheap, Better, Betterest"

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

chim see tong  n ex wp chief lau t  k  did not come fr a gd school not fr elite school 

but well liked n famous

some ministers n pap mps came fr elite n gd schools their characters are below par 

home education is v important.

HUMBLE IS THE KEY

I came from a lousy skool : neighbourhood skool and now earning $8k/month as PHV driver, even better than those from famous skool.

A sch is bad because the school's 传统风气不好。nothing much can change that, even if the principal and discipline master are very strict, they couldn't do much and would eventually give up

In good schs, not only the students are smart, but aso very hardworking, kiasu and obedient.

(23-05-2024, 12:04 PM)Ola Wrote:  Your best example to learn from is Mr Suay

"Cheap, Better, Betterest"
Where got cheap n good unless gg expired

☝️

(23-05-2024, 12:10 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  I came from a lousy skool : neighbourhood skool and now earning $8k/month as PHV driver, even better than those from famous skool.

How much is your actual income after deducting your expenses? Don't forget to minus your rental, petrol and other miscellaneous costs as a PHV driver.

(23-05-2024, 12:21 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  How much is your actual income after deducting your expenses? Don't forget to minus your rental, petrol and other miscellaneous costs as a PHV driver.
Think it’s a imaginary job lah

☝️

(23-05-2024, 12:13 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  A sch is bad because the school's 传统风气不好。nothing much can change that, even if the principal and discipline master are very strict, they couldn't do much and would eventually give up In good schs, not only the students are smart, but aso very hardworking, kiasu and obedient.

In good schools, the students know the importance of education on their future, and are motivated to be the best version of themselves. Unfortunately, the opposite is true in most schools where the students believe that their lot in life is to be a lorry, bus, taxi or PHV driver, waiter, courier etc. and do not see the importance of completing tertiary education.  

(23-05-2024, 08:11 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  the late Creative boss Mr. Sim W H from lousy skool.

it is the individual abilities not the skool.

Also LW come from  Haig Boys' Primary School (now Tanjong Katong Primary School), Tanjong Katong Technical School (now Tanjong Katong Secondary School). All these are pai kia school 

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin