Any tea lovers here?

Hey! I’m a big tea fan too. I usually buy my tea leaves from a local shop that sources directly from small farms. It’s a bit more expensive, but the quality is consistently great, so I think it’s worth it. I haven’t tried ganpu tea yet, but I’ve been hearing a lot about it lately. Sounds interesting! I might have to grab some next time I’m looking for something new to try. How do you like it compared to Longjing?

(06-07-2024, 01:57 AM)thisishct Wrote:  Hey! I’m a big tea fan too. I usually buy my tea leaves from a local shop that sources directly from small farms. It’s a bit more expensive, but the quality is consistently great, so I think it’s worth it. I haven’t tried ganpu tea yet, but I’ve been hearing a lot about it lately. Sounds interesting! I might have to grab some next time I’m looking for something new to try. How do you like it compared to Longjing?

Ganpu has orange fragrance together with taste and texture of puer, so it tastes stronger. For a start, buy the smaller ones rather than the big one cos they're more fragrant.

Longjing is a very light tea where many people will need more sensitive taste buds to fully appreciate it. I used to like Longjing a lot (now still do), but it is too "cooling" for me and it's not good for people with weak stomach. Also, it is quite expensive for very high quality longjing. Occasionally still buy a bit to drink.

Ignore List: Oyk

I’m a tea lover as well! I used to grab my Longjing from a Chinatown shop, but it was a bit pricey. Now, I mostly order from a site like TB to save a few bucks, but yeah, you never really know what you’ll get.

I’ve switched things up recently and started drinking ganpu tea. It’s been gaining popularity in Guangdong. I haven’t tried it myself yet, but I’ve heard mixed reviews.

(01-09-2024, 06:33 PM)thisishct Wrote:  I’m a tea lover as well! I used to grab my Longjing from a Chinatown shop, but it was a bit pricey. Now, I mostly order from a site like TB to save a few bucks, but yeah, you never really know what you’ll get.

I’ve switched things up recently and started drinking ganpu tea. It’s been gaining popularity in Guangdong. I haven’t tried it myself yet, but I’ve heard mixed reviews.

Hi. I used to drink longjing a lot, something like 6 big cups a day for almost a decade. It's not good for my stomach and so I've switched to other kinds in the last 10 years. 

Ganpu is great but do note that quality differs. I've drunk very fragrant and very lousy ganpu so my advice is to choose from a reputable teahouse and dun just buy solely based on price. Low price usually means low quality. 

Let me know what you think about it once you've tried it.

I am a big tea lover and I have at least two cups of tea every day.

(14-09-2024, 09:50 PM)Andreia Wrote:  I am a big tea lover and I have at least two cups of tea every day.

What kind of tea do you like to drink? And where do you buy your tea?

I usually grab my leaves from a local Asian market or online, but I definitely get mixed results with quality. Haven't tried ganpu tea yet. What do you like about it?

(20-09-2024, 08:07 PM)thisishct Wrote:  I usually grab my leaves from a local Asian market or online, but I definitely get mixed results with quality. Haven't tried ganpu tea yet. What do you like about it?

Ganpu has tangerine fragrance, but not all are nice. I've bought some really lousy ones so you need to try a few brands and see for yourself. I've got one batch that is not bad but not as good as those I had previously.

(23-09-2024, 07:48 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Ganpu has tangerine fragrance, but not all are nice. I've bought some really lousy ones so you need to try a few brands and see for yourself. I've got one batch that is not bad but not as good as those I had previously.

Can you recommend a place where I can buy this?

(03-10-2024, 02:34 PM)thisishct Wrote:  Can you recommend a place where I can buy this?

If u buy from taobaobu can check out this shop called 茗纳百川。But do note that it's been a long time since I bought from there so I'm not sure about its quality now. The ganpu tea I have now are all given by a friend.