Anybody likes gardening?

TS 人间蒸发啦? Confused
[+] 1 user Likes TalkingRabbit's post

(12-12-2023, 05:59 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  TS 人间蒸发啦? Confused

Hi there!  Big Grin

I just started growing xiao bai cai recently. Let's see how it goes. The last time growing Brazilian spinach wasn't successful cos they couldn't get enough sunlight.

Ignore List: Oyk

How long does it take to grow xiao bai cai, from sow to harvest? 容易招虫吗?
吃一餐,habis liao  Big Grin

Brazilian spinach 木耳菜会爬藤,人家说容易种啊。
我不喜欢吃,可能不会煮,连叶带茎一起炒。人家只要叶不要茎。

(13-12-2023, 12:42 AM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  How long does it take to grow xiao bai cai, from sow to harvest? 容易招虫吗?
吃一餐,habis liao  Big Grin

Brazilian spinach 木耳菜会爬藤,人家说容易种啊。
我不喜欢吃,可能不会煮,连叶带茎一起炒。人家只要叶不要茎。

Usually takes about 35 days, give and take a few days.

I also heard Brazilian spinach is the type that is easily grown and you could never kill them, but I did lol.. Yes, you only eat the leaves and not the stems cos they're too hard.

Maybe I grew them under grow lights and they attracted too much insects. I think it's better to grow plants under sunlight than artificial ones.

There's something magical about watching seeds sprout and plants flourish. Have you ever considered using raised metal garden beds? They're fantastic for improving drainage and keeping pests at bay. Plus, they add a sleek touch to any garden!

(28-01-2024, 05:41 AM)matildashapes Wrote:  There's something magical about watching seeds sprout and plants flourish.

Yes, it makes me happy watching my plants grow, day by day. Many people who dun understand always ask me why I'm looking at my plants, they said it's not as though the plants have grown a lot when I look at them.

(28-01-2024, 06:28 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Yes, it makes me happy watching my plants grow, day by day. Many people who dun understand always ask me why I'm looking at my plants, they said it's not as though the plants have grown a lot when I look at them.

hey share your happiness by sharing pic of your plants  Big Grin

(30-01-2024, 12:02 AM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  hey share your happiness by sharing pic of your plants  Big Grin

Nothing impressive to share. I dun have many kinds of plants to share but each of them is like a baby to me. I'm very happy to look at each of them and admiring their beauty. Each of them started from a baby and now flourishing. They're very much like my children who have grown up  Tongue

(30-01-2024, 08:30 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Nothing impressive to share. I dun have many kinds of plants to share but each of them is like a baby to me. I'm very happy to look at each of them and admiring their beauty. Each of them started from a baby and now flourishing. They're very much like my children who have grown up  Tongue

那你更应该把自己的嗜好记录下来,分享给大家你的种菜日记。
从播种育苗到发芽成长到收割,整个过程会很疗愈的。
然后给自己掌声,可以坚持到结果  Big Grin

I like your mother's bush.
Like this counted boh?

Gardening is such a wonderful hobby, right? Now, about your mother's bush, I might need a bit more context to understand, but hey, if it's related to gardening, count me in for a chat!  By the way, speaking of gardening, have you ever thought about planting creeping thyme in your garden? It not only adds a touch of greenery but also offers a lovely fragrance. It's a personal favorite in my garden!

Gardening is not just a hobby; it's a passion that brings so much joy and satisfaction. Your enthusiasm for exploring different plants and gardening techniques is truly infectious. As for my mother's bush, it's actually a lovely hydrangea that she nurtures with great care, and it's thriving beautifully. And yes, creeping thyme sounds like a fantastic addition to any garden! I'll definitely look into planting some to add more greenery and fragrance.

Thanks for the suggestion! By the way, if you're interested in discovering more gardening tips and inspiration, you should definitely check out https://bonsaiforbeginners.com/. It's a fantastic resource for gardeners of all levels, and I've found some amazing insights and ideas there!