Anyone knows where to get a passport size photo done?

This may seems like a lame question
But seriously, nowadays where can we get a passport size photo done?
Need to renew my passport 
Got the forms from the post office
She said photo must be white background, glasses must have no reflection 
Ask her can submit digital photo, she shouted NO
Ask her where can get the photo done?
She said she doesn’t know, told me to call up immigration department!

Wonder who paid her salary?

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 
[+] 1 user Likes Bluebull's post

Went to my hometown Toa Payoh
All the photo studios I know, all gone!
I asked one of the nearby shopkeepers I know
Ask her where the studios move to?
She laughed and screamed very loud, until a passerby thought she kenna raped
She said nowadays where got people take photographs?

Actually she’s right

Just go to any neighbour hood photo developing shops....or DIY photo kiosk. 

Some travel agents also do....but think more expensive.

There is one in Bedok Central in the.open area...a physical stall.

Don’t ask go JB hor
I know they got
But now is schoolholidays

(17-06-2023, 12:15 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Just go to any neighbour hood photo developing shops....or DIY photo kiosk. 

Some travel agents also do....but think more expensive.

Yes, my nephew said he got it done at the DIY photo kiosk 
But he said now it’s super super crowded

Use your HP to take pic. Use below sites to edit the pic into Singapore Passport photo size.

Stand behind a white background to take yr face pic. Use below sites. I did that for my passport renewal.

https://www.idphoto4you.com/

https://www.remove.bg/

Smile

👌👍✌️...........

Just did online renewal for my passport recently. Had used an old camera placed 2 metres away to take my own photo (my ceiling light happen to be a white flourescent lamp).

Photo background won't be pure white so used an online background removing service like Niubee's site.
The output photo will be in png format with transparent background, so just need to re-save it in jpeg format to get a pure white background.

Handphone camera should be good as well, using appropriate zooming.

For the photo size of 400x514 pixels that ICA requires, just do a rough cropping and then resize/rescale the photo height to 514 pixels first.
Second stage will be to adjust the width to 400 pixels and photo will be ready for submission.

One way is to take your own photo and then resize it to below 2MB (need a software). Then make background white (need a software). Then make sure the lighting is correct as in the light cannot be from only left or right (better to take at night to eliminate light interference from windows). Also make sure that the face is centred. And also make sure that the face is not too big or too small.

Another way is to just go to the Block 468 (maybe 467 or 466) across the bridge from IRAS and take the photos. Then go to IRAS (nowadays not many people on weekdays, very fast) and submit your passport application. You will then be informed of when to collect passport from IRAS later.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

(17-06-2023, 12:11 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  This may seems like a lame question

You use IPhone. 
Take a picture of yourself during  noon time. 
Copy your photo by clicking and holding on the image.
Copy the photo. Then go to Freeform app to paste the photo with white background.

Doing Passport photo is not so stringent.
Taking IC photo is a night mare.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://youtu.be/kDQFB2Kcwa0

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Use your phone and take with white background. Safe and effective. I took it at Studio, end up have to retake.

For the young and  IT savvy ,it's super easy and a breeze to do it on line .

For the seniors and less savvy it's highly challenging,  thus they are prepared to pay  more via the traditional way to solve their problem. 

1 year back,  I renewed my passport online successfully without rejection.

Yes, go online is much easier

Ownself take with mobile phone lah. I have done many times for myself and family members. Must show shoulder.

If really can't, go ica, there are the nearby shops that take passport photos.

But why waste money and time? Do online best

(17-06-2023, 01:02 PM)hansamu Wrote:  For the young and  IT savvy ,it's super easy and a breeze to do it on line .

For the seniors and less savvy it's highly challenging,  thus they are prepared to pay  more via the traditional way to solve their problem. 

Some old ppl are very scare of learning new things.
Need to tell them if you don’t learn now, you need to learn more in future.

(17-06-2023, 01:07 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Some old ppl are very scare of learning new things.
Completely illiterate how to learn ?

(17-06-2023, 01:07 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Some old ppl are very scare of learning new things.

Dont know why so scared to learn. My wife's aunty in her 80s also know how to use computers and mobile phone.

Even younger,  IT savvy people got their photos rejected many times. 
Ah Butt was one of them.

(17-06-2023, 01:04 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Yes, go online is much easier

Yes, if one knows how to do it. I have been submitting online more than 2 decades ago when the online submission service first came out. 

I guess for the elderly, maybe they can ask their children to help? If no children then do it the physical way. My sis just did it recently and she's in her workplace just half an hour after working hour started as there's almost no queue. She canceled her leave and worked a bit longer to compensate for that half hour.

I got mine done by a photo shop in Commonwealth Ave. That shop done the whole process for me which include taking photo, touch up photo, applied online for me for an extra of $2 on top of the photo cost. Then they informed me when the passport was ready for collection and fixed the place and time for my collection.   Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(17-06-2023, 12:11 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  This may seems like a lame question

Take a selfie lah! Big Grin Just stand against a blank wall aim yourself with your phone Mobile_phone camera Camera  and snapshot lah!

(17-06-2023, 01:22 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I got mine done by a photo shop in Commonwealth Ave. That shop done the whole process for me which include taking photo, touch up photo, applied online for me for an extra of $2 on top of the photo cost. Then they informed me when the passport was ready for collection and fixed the place and time for my collection.   Big Grin

Wah, not bad leh. Good service for the elderly. In fact, also good for people like me who had been applying online all these years if the shop is nearby.

Just do a selfie in front of a white wall

[Image: IMG-3587.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

(17-06-2023, 01:24 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Take a selfie lah! Big Grin Just stand against a blank wall aim yourself with your phone Mobile_phone camera Camera  and snapshot lah!

(17-06-2023, 01:32 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Just do a selfie in front of a white wall

[Image: IMG-3587.jpg]

Same lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

Think selfie cannot...must get someone to snap for you.

Language is an issue for most old folks and nothing much can be done.

Those with no language problems are because of technophobia

(17-06-2023, 01:27 PM)Levin Wrote:  Wah, not bad leh. Good service for the elderly. In fact, also good for people like me who had been applying online all these years if the shop is nearby.
Ya, I was quite worried after reading that someone applied online and his photo rejected several times. Luckily I met an aunty who told me of this shop which just got her passport done for her at extra $2. Quickly, I jumped on this opportunity and get my passport renewed.   Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(17-06-2023, 01:02 PM)hansamu Wrote:  For the young and  IT savvy ,it's super easy and a breeze to do it on line .

Huh? On-line? Sure boh?
I asked the lady whether can apply via on line
She stared at me as if she wants me to tear her blouse apart
NO! “You have to submit the forms and the physical photo to ICA”