Anyone remember oldman aka the late Dr Michael Leong ShareInvestor.com

I used to frequent ShareInvestor.com before it was sold to SPH.

All the good old forums have been long gone Sad

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(28-03-2024, 08:27 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I used to frequent ShareInvestor.com before it was sold to SPH.

He mati Liao. Tio cancer and die in short time

Smile

(28-03-2024, 08:29 PM)Niubee Wrote:  He mati Liao. Tio cancer and die in short time

Yes he passed away on 12 Feb 2016.  There were quite a few memorable characters there.

One was named Kbl.  His favorite motto was if buy lottery, got little hope. No buy lottery, then got zero hope Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

https://www.nextinsight.net/index.php/st...ough-money

He died at the age of 54 after a year long battle with cancer.

He sold his website to sph for $12 million but sadly didn't have the most precious thing in life which is the life to enjoy his windfall.

It's stories like this which make me or rather remind me that all the material things of this world are transient and we should seek the things of God which is peace and joy, and an eternal life that's spent with God.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Michael Leong I learned alot about investing reading his posts.

Once stock he like was Powermatic...I bought when he bought and held on until today I never sold it.

Old man bought in 2011....yes there are still good stocks on the sgx for those who can find it....

[Image: fvIBKK6.jpeg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(28-03-2024, 08:49 PM)Oyk Wrote:  He died at the age of 54 after a year long battle with cancer.

He sold his website to sph for $12 million but sadly didn't have the most precious thing in life which is the life to enjoy his windfall.

It's stories like this which make me or rather remind me that all the material things of this world are transient and we should seek the things of God which is peace and joy, and an eternal life that's spent with God.

人算不如天算

(28-03-2024, 08:34 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Yes he passed away on 12 Feb 2016.  There were quite a few memorable characters there.

One was named Kbl.  His favorite motto was if buy lottery, got little hope. No buy lottery, then got zero hope Big Grin

You were there Meh! I don't recall your nick there Another nick?  Mccool,  Trebla, Arty, Alchemist were some forumers. Never step in there for over ten years liao. Now still got to pay member fees?

If you can choose your fate.
You want $$$ with short life or no $$$ with long life?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(28-03-2024, 09:26 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  If you can choose your fate.

Some might choose a short life with plenty of women Big Grin
人不风流枉少年

(28-03-2024, 09:19 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  You were there Meh! I don't recall your nick there Another nick?  Mccool,  Trebla, Arty, Alchemist were some forumers. Never step in there for over ten years liao. Now still got to pay member fees?

Yes I was there of course! Big Grin

Who do you think coined the term "Kateks die pain! pain!" Big Grin

I left shareinvestor.com when they started charging membership fees when SPH took over Smile

(28-03-2024, 09:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Michael Leong I learned alot about investing reading his posts.

Once stock he like was Powermatic...I bought when he bought and held on until today I never sold it.

Old man bought in 2011....yes there are still good stocks on the sgx for those who can find it....

[Image: fvIBKK6.jpeg]

Yes PM Data is an excellent stock.  I have this stock too for several years.  Still have, never sold Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

He had hits and misses. PlatoCapital fka PKTech was one of his misses. PMData is one of his biggest hits Big Grin

But when you're earning the money you won't think that you'll die soon.

Ignore List: Oyk

Last time I at there but don’t active. Last time watch this

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf6G-...JwO1HjHHDX&si=4SRzc90KdlMYmx1_

so I go find stock stuff happen to know that forum and register.

I still remember I just a xiao didi that time.

It would be nice if Sgtalk can be more like the shareinvestor of old. Can talk stocks, can market talk.

Here in this sgtalk forum mostly current affairs talk, and fighting between the CCPs and anti CCPs and that mooselim guy trying to brainwash everybody here Laughing

(28-03-2024, 09:49 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Yes I was there of course! Big Grin

Who do you think coined the term "Kateks die pain! pain!" Big Grin

I left shareinvestor.com when they started charging membership fees when SPH took over Smile

Oh Yes! "Kateks die pain pain" I remember that. Let me guess. But first give me the 1st initial of yr nick there.

I was also there....always looking at the ezra, emas, triyards threads.

(28-03-2024, 10:29 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  Oh Yes! "Kateks die pain pain" I remember that. Let me guess. But first give me the 1st initial of yr nick there.

Yes I remember Mccool, Trebla, Kbl, Alchemist.... for Trebla, most of us use to call him Uncle Trebla.  Indian fella.
As for me, aiyah I am a nobody, no need remember me lah. What was your nick there?  Laughter-119  Gesti-109

Actually there is another nick from that bygone era, Whyme.  I think she is still here today, but with a different nick Big Grin

(28-03-2024, 10:31 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  I was also there....always looking at the ezra, emas, triyards threads.

In that case, you should be late 40s to 50s liao  Laughing

It's ok, no need to say here Big Grin

At one time we were all shouting for those junk stocks like IPC, IPCO to cheong high high Big Grin

(28-03-2024, 10:49 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Yes I remember Mccool, Trebla, Kbl, Alchemist.... for Trebla, most of us use to call him Uncle Trebla.  Indian fella.
As for me, aiyah I am a nobody, no need remember me lah. What was your nick there?  Laughter-119  Gesti-109

Actually there is another nick from that bygone era, Whyme.  I think she is still here today, but with a different nick Big Grin

Yes! We called him Uncle Trebla. 

Tell me the first initial leh!  Ok!  Ask you a question. What is the best defence in war?

Yes! I  Remembered whyme. Is she here in Sgtalk? Also Pinkpanther was in Shareinvestor.

(28-03-2024, 10:56 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  At one time we were all shouting for those junk stocks like IPC, IPCO to cheong high high Big Grin

Yes! Dropped until so low. Penny stocks.

(28-03-2024, 09:40 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Some might choose a short life with plenty of women Big Grin
人不风流枉少年

You chao lesbian will of course be prepared to give up decades just to smell the armpits of plenty of cecabus  Rolleyes

(28-03-2024, 11:18 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  Yes! We called him Uncle Trebla. 

Tell me the first initial leh!  Ok!  Ask you a question. What is the best defence?

Yes! I  Remembered whyme. Is she here in Sgtalk? Also Pinkpanther was in Shareinvestor.

She was in the old Sgtalk with the same nick.  Not sure about this current Sgtalk  Thinking

(28-03-2024, 10:17 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  It would be nice if Sgtalk can be more like the shareinvestor of old.  Can talk stocks, can market talk. 

Here in this sgtalk forum mostly current affairs talk, and fighting between the CCPs and anti CCPs and that mooselim guy trying to brainwash everybody here Laughing

Quite hot the exchanges then on "War Alert" thread. These forumers don't know whether they still around. It's already 23 years ago. Wah! I am 23 yrs older.

[Image: 20240328-223813.jpg]

[Image: 20240328-223958.jpg]

[Image: 20240328-224620.jpg]

(28-03-2024, 08:27 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I used to frequent ShareInvestor.com before it was sold to SPH.

What was your nick
I was very popular there
I brought fame to the blog
That's why they can sell off in millions

(28-03-2024, 10:05 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  But when you're earning the money you won't think that you'll die soon.

Regardless of how much a man earns, he does not think he will die soon if he's only in his 50s.  Rolleyes

(28-03-2024, 09:55 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Yes PM Data is an excellent stock.  I have this stock too for several years.  Still have, never sold Big Grin
Good thing must share
I don't even know this exist

Can you phrase your question properly? What would life be like if you have no money? Eat grass? Sleep under a bridge? A long life of having no money?  Rolleyes