Are the youths worse off these days?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SingaporeRaw/co...hese_days/
[+] 1 user Likes Yperic's post

They are way better off than my generation.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Result of being brought up by helper, tablets and smart phones.
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

The issue youths face is mainly from high housing cost.

Depends on their expectations in life.
Singapore went through a few stages before arriving to current modern city lifestyle. 
Inevitably, expectations also changed.

As a city grows older, more affluent. Cost also rises. This is a fate that cannot be escape. Even JB cost of living also increases. 

In our generation, hdb 4 room flat was about 100k, a car cost about 60k. All seems cheaper compared to today's standard. But our salary was much lower too. A experience PMET salary was about 4 to 5k. Inexperience 2 to 3k.

On top of that, not many people of our generation can reach university degree level of education. Because in Singapore, there were only a few universities. Our govt belief, too many Singaporean degree holder will overwhelme the job market. 

However, today mostly all Singaporean are graduates. Our children, nephew, niece and friend's children. Therefore expectations are set very high. Need to lands with a job 7k to 10k above. Buy a 100k car. 400k 4 rm flat near MRT station 🤣. 
This is only considered average ambition. 

Some only buy Condominium $1.5 million, drive $160k continental car. Annually 10k holiday budget.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(27-06-2024, 06:30 AM)winbig Wrote:  The issue youths face is mainly from high housing cost.

The high housing cost is due to them wanting to live in condo. My generation would have the same problem if we wanted that but were contended to move into a HDB 3 Ng.

They'd borrow the maximum they can to buy the biggest flat possible to make big profits from flipping. If property resale prices drop, they will jump.

It's they who kept pushing resale prices higher and higher. As for new BTO, the government has given very generous housing grants.

These days, yoy see where they go for their meals. Restaurants in shopping malls are all full. If you go to the HC, you'd see the seniors....but we are disappearing and the HC hawkers are closing down due to the lack of business volume. Cai png stalls are surviving because there are 1.2 m Msians supporting them....who are mistaken to be sinkies.

So this condo and restaurant mentality is what makes them say they aren't earning enough. And if you look at their branded clothes and shoes.... do they live according to their means?

(27-06-2024, 07:01 AM)Oyk Wrote:  The high housing cost is due to them wanting to live in condo. My generation would have the same problem if we wanted that but were contended to move into a HDB 3 Ng.

They'd borrow the maximums they can to buy the biggest flat possible to make big profits from flipping. If property resale prices drop, they will jump.

It's they who kept pushing resale prices higher and higher. As for new BTO, the government has given very generous housing grants.

These days, yoy see where they go for their meals. Restaurants in shopping malls are all full. If you go to the HC, you'd see the seniors....but we are disappearing and the HC hawkers are closing down due to the lack of business volume. Cai png stalls are surviving because there are 1.2 m Msians supporting them....who are mistaken to be sinkies.

So this condo and restaurant mentality is what makes them say they aren't earning enough. And if you look at their branded clothes and shoes.... do they live according to their means?
Wrong. It's due to high HDB price lah. U r out of touch. Go look at the prices.

(26-06-2024, 11:46 PM)Yperic Wrote:  https://www.reddit.com/r/SingaporeRaw/co...hese_days/

What do you think?

Many I came across told me that want to have a job that pay high salary.

(27-06-2024, 07:03 AM)winbig Wrote:  Wrong. It's due to high HDB price lah. U r out of touch. Go look at the prices.
You are the one who's out of touch. Do you know how much housing grants the government is giving????

(27-06-2024, 06:30 AM)winbig Wrote:  The issue youths face is mainly from high housing cost.

S'pore is the most expensive city in the world, so the 5Cs are far less attainable now for our young people than for my generation. That is why PM LW wants Sinkies to scale down our expectations because the 5Cs are no longer a realistic target for almost all PMEs. Those who can afford the finer things in life will be due to their inheritance.  

(26-06-2024, 11:46 PM)Yperic Wrote:  https://www.reddit.com/r/SingaporeRaw/co...hese_days/

They are born in Internet age lah! Big Grin

(27-06-2024, 05:30 AM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Result of being brought up by helper, tablets and smart phones.

Many times, parents do not bother teaching nor guiding their own children by spoiling them. Some parents I have seen are a nightmare and a bad role model ie littering and using phrases like FU. I even saw a mother with 5 year old kid quarrelling outside Kindergarten.

Youth today are all pussy mudderfugger
Earlier days in SG ... many dont even have primary school, come out need to work and help feed the family. Lucky ones get to finish Uni/Sch ...need to work pay off school loan or work to feed themselves
Youth today, parents send them to Uni,come out no need work, parents can still feed them... dun even need to think how to contribute back

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(27-06-2024, 12:58 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Many times, parents do not bother teaching nor guiding their own children by spoiling them. Some parents I have seen are a nightmare and a bad role model ie littering and using phrases like FU. I even saw a mother with 5 year old kid quarrelling outside Kindergarten.

I witnessed a young mother saying the following sentence to her young daughter who was having her breakfast at Ghim Moh Hawker Centre a few years ago: "You eat yourself. I go ATM press money". Will it be any surprise if her child grows up speaking sub-standard English?

Many will show up at hlp this Saturday

(27-06-2024, 01:31 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I witnessed a young mother saying the following sentence to her young daughter who was having her breakfast at Ghim Moh Hawker Centre a few years ago: "You eat yourself. I go ATM press money". Will it be any surprise if her child grows up speaking sub-standard English?

It's ok lah. Your colonial masters had long gone and not around to praise you for yr gd england. Didnt yr mother last time told you, ah boy, quick quick come, eat yr lunch?

(27-06-2024, 01:31 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I witnessed a young mother saying the following sentence to her young daughter who was having her breakfast at Ghim Moh Hawker Centre a few years ago: "You eat yourself. I go ATM press money". Will it be any surprise if her child grows up speaking sub-standard English?

If the mother is not well educated, she would likely speek that way lorh.

Another version would be Chiu ownself eat....

Anyway, most sinkies cunt even speek their own mother tongue proficiently... (no comments about Malays and Indians as I am not a Malay or Indian.)

Many a taim, I overheard Han Singaporeans ordering food speaking rike this...给我这个, 然后,这个。。。。然后, 这个。

Aren't they making a fool of themselves using  然后 wrongly and we have 600K Chinese living and working here who are at risk of getting cancer listening to their putonghua...?

And how do they call plastic carrier? 纸袋?They don't know the word 塑料袋? Rolleyes

Need some advice if youths gave the latest mRNA jab will be worse off meh? Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

Good life lah....stay in condo with parents, got credit cards, can buy axe online chop people...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(27-06-2024, 02:26 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Good life lah....stay in condo with parents, got credit cards, can buy axe online chop people...

today many youngsters are ill bred
parents are also to be blame not having family education instail in their mind

moe is also to be blame too soft to punish the spolit children
as yrs back there was a sating the principal is the ceo students are the customers teachers are the staff of this companyConfusedchool

(27-06-2024, 02:26 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Good life lah....stay in condo with parents, got credit cards, can buy axe online chop people...

Heartlanders can only afford to buy Axe brand medicated oil. LOL!

[Image: 0014901_510.jpeg]

(27-06-2024, 02:43 PM)talky Wrote:  today many youngsters are ill bred
parents are also to be blame not having family education instail in their mind

moe is also to be blame too soft to punish the spolit children
as yrs back there was a sating the principal is the ceo students are the customers teachers are the staff of this companyConfusedchool

So, is importing of hungry foreign talents (real talents) to help drive SG economy if not …… you die I die ….. and your children and grandchildren all die?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Their lives are good. But too soft and too self-entitled.

Ignore List: Oyk